Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to RAM - 2020 RAM 3500

Dieseldan723

Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman CCSB 4x4 with 6.7L HO & Aisin tranny. I came from the Duramax world (LB7, LLY, LML), all with the Allison tranny.

I really like the RAM so far. I have only put about 150 miles on it, however the ride is impressive. It’s very quiet in the cab with hardly any noticeable road noice. I really like the grunt of the Cummins :). It accelerates very well once up and going, however I have noticed a bit of a lag (refueling?) on shifts from 1-2 and 2-3 gears. Not bothersome, just different than the previous trucks.

I plan to use a fuel additive for extra lubrication to try and help with the CP4 issues. Any other helpful suggestions?

Great to be here. I look forward to learning from the group!

TIA
Dan

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to HDRams!

The truck will defuel shifts with the Aisin for longevity. 1000 lb.ft shifts are brutal on any trans.

The HO/Aisin isn't going to win any races, but once it hooks a gear it will pull. Torque management will keep the power on an "as needed" program.

Top fuel additives are generally considered to be Hot Shots and XPD. Mopar/PS is the "official" approved additive but few use that instead of HSS or XPD.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Just don't forget you are not supposed to be towing anything for at least 500 miles . Nice Looking truck and trailer by the way !!

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to HDRams!

The truck will defuel shifts with the Aisin for longevity. 1000 lb.ft shifts are brutal on any trans.

The HO/Aisin isn't going to win any races, but once it hooks a gear it will pull. Torque management will keep the power on an "as needed" program.

Top fuel additives are generally considered to be Hot Shots and XPD. Mopar/PS is the "official" approved additive but few use that instead of HSS or XPD.

^^^^ That pretty much sums it up. Im 8500 miles into my 2020 aisin. I use a combination of Hot Shots EDT and LX4 fuel additive (1 gallon EDT mixed with 1 quart LX4 - 3oz for a 50gal fill up).So far so good, and I'm not gonna stress over it.

Dieseldan723

Reaction score
Nice ride!...and you got the nice interior door panels. The 21's set up like yours no longer get them.
Interesting...I do like the interior door panels. I wasn't looking for a top of the line truck, just wanted something comfortable for towing. This fits the bill! My wife's car is the nice, comfy car! :)

b307a1

Reaction score
Interesting...I do like the interior door panels. I wasn't looking for a top of the line truck, just wanted something comfortable for towing. This fits the bill! My wife's car is the nice, comfy car! :)
The only way you got those on the 19 and 20 Tradesman Crew Cab is when it was equipped with the Tow Technology group. Like I said the 21's get the cheapo one piece plastic jobs.

Have lot's and lot's of happy miles with yours!

Users who are viewing this thread