Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Jim: Your a life saver. So I took the connector off the hood latch and with the latch closed, I measured 1K across the contacts. Reversed the wires at the connector and it now remote starts. Need to get a new housing for the connector as I could not get the wires out. Thanks again Jim!
  2. S

Jim: I have the wiring going to the correct pin on the C1 connector. I `built the hood connector as shown in the pdf where the upper wire goes to C1 pin 11 and the lower pin goes to ground. When the hood is closed, hood switch is closed and then the wire to pin 11 is now going to ground. I took...
  3. S

So when the dealer sets the XBM code, wouldn't the hood latch be set to yes? Trying to avoid buying the alphaobd system.
  4. S

I had the dealer set the XBM code. They told me the hood switch was not working which I fixed. Still won't remote start and I do not have the Alpha system. I assumed the dealer checked that. My dash shows the remote start canceled due to hood open.
  5. S

Truck was programmed by dealer. Tailgate open now works. Horn beeps when I try and remote start it.
  6. S

Went in and fixed the wires to the hood switch. With the hood closed the purple wire going to pin 11 now goes to ground using an ohm meter. Truck still showing hood open. Confirmed operation again and still bad. Tried putting original purple wire back at pin 11 and went to opposite pin. Still...
  7. S

Went and got the new remotes programmed and the dealer set the XBM code. Now my dash shows hood open and obviously remote won't work. Tailgate button does work now. Tried shorting the 2 pins at the hood switch with no luck. Based on the diagram and showing the wire side, I removed the purple...
  8. S

Thanks Krazy302. That helped a bunch. Got it all done and need to get the key fob's programmed now.
  9. S

OK. I am in the process of removing the AMP. Disconnected the 2 connectors at the bottom and removed 3 of the 4 screws. Ther is no way for me to get to the forth screw as my hands are to big and the tool is too long as well. The brace next to it has no holes in it either. I also tried to see if...
  10. S

So I Installed the new hood latch with the switch and ran the wires 1 to ground and the other under the dash as per the PDF. Now I am trying to find the connector C1 A on the BCM and I am lost. Based on the image on image 15 , I am not seeing it. On images 16 and 18 I see other connectors like...
  11. S

Hi : I would be interested in the latch, bulk wire, connector kit and BCM pin. If the remotes have the tailgate switch as well, I would be interested in those as well. Let me know cost with shipping to CT 06776.
  12. S

Anyone have the hood latch and cable they are not using and willing to sell, let me know. Trying to just have to order the key fobs with the remote tailgate switch.
  13. S

2nd time for a new 2500

First 2 images at Lebanon. The 3rd is at Atco.
  14. S

2nd time for a new 2500

It has run 8.15 @ 167. Lebanon Valley Drag way 600 feet above sea level.
  15. S

Hi: I just purchased a 2021 Tradesman and it does not have the hood switch installed. Did yours...

Hi: I just purchased a 2021 Tradesman and it does not have the hood switch installed. Did yours have it? My delaer would not sell me the remote start kit as he said it would not work with my truck.
  16. S

2nd time for a new 2500

Here are some images of the car
  17. S

2nd time for a new 2500

Just traded in my 2016 RAM 2500 SLT for a 2021 RAM 2500 Tradesman. I picked a Patriot Blue color after always owning black trucks. Glad I did as it is awesome. Found this forum recently and thought I would join. Truck is a daily driver and also gets used to tow my 28 foot encclosed trailer with...
  18. S

Picked up my new 2021 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN yesterday and tried to purchase the remote kit as I did not see the connector on the hood release, They told me it would not work and needed to install a after market kit. Anyone done this in the CT area?