Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Southernspeed

Inflating tires ... yes really!

I have two similar to those, good brands but must be 2-30 years old now. For some reason they just didn't seem to be pushing the pass through (I was wondering what to call them, thanks!) in enough to operate the valve core.
  2. Southernspeed

Not as high as my sarcasm!
  3. Southernspeed

I never thought I'd be asking advice on inflating my tires! 2021 dually. Those pesky capless valve stem things... I really struggle to adjust my tire pressure today. I let air out in '21 when I bought the truck as it had the factory 450 psi all around but I've never had to fill them, until now...
  4. Southernspeed

Why is my DPF clogging, forcing a dealer regen after long drive?

I hope it stays fixed for you! I can't get over the prices dealers charge for oil and fuel filter changes, it's just criminal. I'm glad I can do it myself but appreciate that some don't want to tackle it.
  5. Southernspeed

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

I went in with the recall letter over a month ago , yesterday was the earliest appointment. Part came in a week ago ( I got a card in the mail saying my special order parts were available for collection) It’s a two hour round trip to the dealership but they give me a truck for the day so I drop...
  6. Southernspeed

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

What is the DEF problem/ recall? I’ve not been notified of that ( ‘21 3500 HO )
  7. Southernspeed

I took my '21 3500 in for the grid relay yesterday. I had previously disconnected the feed wire( and zip tied it up out of the way) due to the 'fire risk' which, seeing as I live on over 2000 acres of forest, seemed like a prudent idea. I picked my truck up later that day and checked the relay...
  8. Southernspeed

Heater Matrix Death Bolt Thing!

I own horses ….. I won’t have any to take with me anyway !!
  9. Southernspeed

Check my oil ?? just kidding
  10. Southernspeed

I was unaware of this problem but it’s kind of worrying to say the least. The more I read, the more I worry! If I were to switch to a Banks Monster intake on my ‘21 HO, would it void the warranty? I’m surprised this hasn’t been a recall item, or is it not actually such a big problem as the...
  11. Southernspeed

Dealer Service Survey

I had serious words with the sales rep when I bought the truck (they ripped me off for $500 (reduced from $900) and I never got a survey through. Then when I put the truck in for a recall and service work the advisor fed me a whole load of horse crap about why they couldn't do what I'd...
  12. Southernspeed

Dealership fuel filter replacement quote

two hours!!! What the hell....
  13. Southernspeed

I used Geno's for the filters. $150-ish and less than an hour's work ( easy to do to )
  14. Southernspeed

Ram 3500 3 months ownership review

Coolant block? My '21 HO has pretty poor AC, what is the 'coolant block'?
  15. Southernspeed

Fuel filters on '21 3500

Mine are steel all around so no need to dismount. You just have to swap inner rear to inner rear as they have different transponders to the rest.
  16. Southernspeed

First oil change and engine developed a loud clatter/ticking noise at 1500+ rpms

I was just reading through this thread and KNEW I'd get to the bit where you got it back and the noise was still there. Seriously, main dealers ...... Give me a guy with years of busting his knuckles over a kid with a diploma anyday.
  17. Southernspeed

Mine wanted $430. I bought the filters from Geno's for around $150 and did it myself in about 45 mins max (having never done it before) I don't know where these dealers get off charging these crazy prices.
  18. Southernspeed

Auxiliary panel switches

Good video for wiring switches. There's a link on there for a PDF with really helpful diagrams.
  19. Southernspeed

Fuel filters on '21 3500

Admittedly I'm no stranger to my tool box, never have been, but I'm also no spring chicken. I did my first fuel filter change today, front and back. Watched a couple of youtube vids and went for it. I didn't time myself but I reckon it took 30-45 mins (not knowing what I was doing and also not...
  20. Southernspeed

AlfaOBD

It's strange that they're all so different. I did mine in run position, engine not running, switched it off (didn't open door as suggested), started it and the tire under inflation lamp went out immediately. Others seem to need to do several drives for it to take.