Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Service Survey

Will_T

Reaction score
Does anyone know specifically how the survey Ram sends you in an email after service works? Does it get back to the service rep with your name on it so they know how you filled it out? After a recent service, I was bugged by my service rep several times to make sure I fill it out. He sent me messages like this:
Hello this is ***** from *****. Can you please fill out the survey they sent to your email. I need a 10 on every question and yes on all the others. If any question doesn’t have a yes or a 10 then they fail me. I would greatly appreciate it

There was also a lot of pressure when at the dealership along the same lines. The thing is that if the service rep gets to see how specific customers fill out their survey, then if you don't do what they ask you may have trouble getting help from that advisor in the future.
I ask because someone in the waiting area told me he filled out the survey after his last visit complaining about a long wait and less than stellar service. This time he said the advisor seemed to imply that he had seen the survey and been reprimanded because it was not perfect. This even though the specific questions about the advisor were yeses and 10s. It was only the actual service and the long wait for an appointment that the customer complained about. This is a problem because if true, would really hinder your relationship with your advisor and that person has you by the ****s whenever you are in for warranty service or whatever. So, there seems to be a lot of pressure to fill out the survey dishonestly with perfect marks even if you are not happy just to stay on the good side of your advisor.

jadmt

Reaction score
It is a dirty deal for sure. They give poor service and want you to tell the company they were top notch. I believe that if you get service that deserves a 10 give a 10 but if you get service that deserves a 3 give a 3. No way I would give 10's if it is not deserved.

Will_T

Reaction score
It is a dirty deal for sure. They give poor service and want you to tell the company they were top notch. I believe that if you get service that deserves a 10 give a 10 but if you get service that deserves a 3 give a 3. No way I would give 10's if it is not deserved.

Yes, I agree. But what I was wondering if anyone has figured out if your service advisor can see your specific survey. If he or she can and you don't do what they want, the next time you need dealer service you will likely be treated very poorly. Of course if that happened you could always fill out the next survey with even lower marks. But the idea is to at least try to have a productive relationship with the advisor. If anything less than a 10 is used against the advisor, that is not fair. My advisor was great. He went above and beyond to squeeze me in once the part came in. However, the scheduler when I made the appointment was not the best and I had to wait 2-1/2 months for the 1st appointment to just look at the truck to confirm I had a leaking shock. I also had to leave the truck for the whole day even though I had been waiting 2-1/2 months for the appt. Then when they did get it in the shop, I am sure it took only 2 minutes to confirm I needed a shock, Then the shock was not in stock so I had to wait a couple of weeks for that to come in and to get an appointment to have it changed. Again, had to leave the truck for the whole day. So the service advisor was great, but the whole process, not so much.

jadmt

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. But what I was wondering if anyone has figured out if your service advisor can see your specific survey. If he or she can and you don't do what they want, the next time you need dealer service you will likely be treated very poorly. Of course if that happened you could always fill out the next survey with even lower marks. But the idea is to at least try to have a productive relationship with the advisor. If anything less than a 10 is used against the advisor, that is not fair. My advisor was great. He went above and beyond to squeeze me in once the part came in. However, the scheduler when I made the appointment was not the best and I had to wait 2-1/2 months for the 1st appointment to just look at the truck to confirm I had a leaking shock. I also had to leave the truck for the whole day even though I had been waiting 2-1/2 months for the appt. Then when they did get it in the shop, I am sure it took only 2 minutes to confirm I needed a shock, Then the shock was not in stock so I had to wait a couple of weeks for that to come in and to get an appointment to have it changed. Again, had to leave the truck for the whole day. So the service advisor was great, but the whole process, not so much.
I would put some that blame on your service advisor. it is his job to make sure you are getting taken care of and sounds like he should share some of the blame. I do know the GM at least sees them because when I filled one out which ironically was the last time I have receivved one, my neighbor who is the GM at my local dealership asked me why I was not 100% satisfied. When I told him why, he said thanks and said it was important for him to know when they were falling short of perfection.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't say with RAM, but most of these surveys allow management to see who the respondent is. If they communicate that down the line, that's up to them.

I once had a client reply to a project survey with all 1's (the lowest), yet give glowing praise in the comments. When queried about it, I replied that they surely must have gotten the ratings numbers backwards. Management reached out to the client for clarification on the response and sure enough, they intended to give all 5's (highest) citing the reason as they were used to giving all 1's for the highest rating.

Will_T

Reaction score
OK. Thanks. I guess I need to assume if I don't give all 10s, the service advisor may get dinged and I may hear about it or suffer the consequences in how I am treated there in the future. It really is not fair to the advisor though. He has no control over how the GM tells the scheduler to do things. He also is not to blame that 11 of the 25 technician jobs at that dealership are unfilled. But I bet a lot of customers cave into the pressure to give all 10s and answer yes to all other questions regardless of how their appointment went. It is sort of like if you have to have surgery. You do not want to do or say something to make the surgeon unhappy with you just before you go under the knife.

mcarey

Reaction score
I once had an advisor call me a few weeks after an appt, and ask about me filling it out and told me he'd give me a $50 Amazon gift card if I'd do it and give him all 10s.

Granted, the service was phenomenal on that visit (tequila bottle event for those who have been around for a bit), so I didn't feel like I was pressured or whatever. But it did feel a little strange.

Either way, I got my $50 and he got his 10s. Worked out for all.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr……..

I couldn’t hate this BS process more. They treat the score as if it’s the goal which creates all the crappy behaviors described here and more. If the dealer ACTUALLY does a good job and cares about its customers, the 10s will follow. I was BEGGED to give all 10s or “I get dinged”. When “service” sent me the survey, it was greyed out and inaccessible. I replied asking for a working link. That was in April….

Last month, my sales guy (who really did a very good job) texted me and asked if I would please fill out the survey with all 10s. This is 4 months post-sale…it’s surely tied directly to his compensation - sell X number of vehicles, ensure that same number of surveys all 10s or lose Y% commissions….something like that…

And they wonder why things don’t improve!

If they REALLY want to know, ask and be grateful for the data you get and do something positive with it. Otherwise, save everyone the damn grief….

(Obligatory: get off my damn lawn!)

CdnHO

Reaction score
I complained to my sales guy when I picked up the truck about trying to screw me over on one aspect of the deal. He gave me the same mantra about 10s. Never received a survey for the sale OR the one service visit. I suspect they made sure I didn't get one.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
In my mind no one should ever give 10 stars there is always ways to improve service especially the way these dealershits operate

Will_T

Reaction score
I once had an advisor call me a few weeks after an appt, and ask about me filling it out and told me he'd give me a $50 Amazon gift card if I'd do it and give him all 10s.
Seems very unethical.

But the thing is, as I said earlier, if you don't do what they want then they can really make things bad for you the next time you are in.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Seems very unethical.

But the thing is, as I said earlier, if you don't do what they want then they can really make things bad for you the next time you are in.
Not if they dont want to get sued

Bombaman

Reaction score
Its simmilar to the post-sale Survey, you rate the Salesperson and Dealer, but can't give feedback about Stellantis if they are the reason you arent happy.

With Service you'r rating the Service Advisor, not the actual Tech doing the work. The Tech might have done a stellar job, but the Advisor may have been crap.

Will_T

Reaction score
Its simmilar to the post-sale Survey, you rate the Salesperson and Dealer, but can't give feedback about Stellantis if they are the reason you arent happy.

With Service you'r rating the Service Advisor, not the actual Tech doing the work. The Tech might have done a stellar job, but the Advisor may have been crap.
Well with some of the questions on the survey I got, they were definitely about the dealership and/or the work performed, not the service advisor. But supposedly anything less than a 10 even on the questions the advisor had nothing to do with will still result in penalty for the advisor.

Bombaman

Reaction score
Ahh, last one I had was only one or two on the dealer, and the main ones on the Advisor. Potentially different questions in rotation or based on what it was booked in for?

Southernspeed

Reaction score
I complained to my sales guy when I picked up the truck about trying to screw me over on one aspect of the deal. He gave me the same mantra about 10s. Never received a survey for the sale OR the one service visit. I suspect they made sure I didn't get one.
I had serious words with the sales rep when I bought the truck (they ripped me off for $500 (reduced from $900) and I never got a survey through. Then when I put the truck in for a recall and service work the advisor fed me a whole load of horse crap about why they couldn't do what I'd requested. He didn't like it when I told him he was wrong on all counts. Never got a survey!!

Will_T

Reaction score
I had serious words with the sales rep when I bought the truck (they ripped me off for $500 (reduced from $900) and I never got a survey through. Then when I put the truck in for a recall and service work the advisor fed me a whole load of horse crap about why they couldn't do what I'd requested. He didn't like it when I told him he was wrong on all counts. Never got a survey!!
My advisor said that the surveys come directly from Ram and the dealership has no control. I thought I had not received one either when the Service Advisor called to remind me to fill it out. I then found it in my gmail spam folder. (Probably where it belongs!) ;)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My advisor said that the surveys come directly from Ram and the dealership has no control. I thought I had not received one either when the Service Advisor called to remind me to fill it out. I then found it in my gmail spam folder. (Probably where it belongs!) ;)
My dealershit texts them to me or atleast used to since i filled the last one out how it should be will not one star above 5 i no longer get them lol

BAT3500

Reaction score
Unless unusually bad service, I normally don't fill the surveys out and return them at all because they are used incorrectly and generally the wrong people seem to get dinged if you report anything less than perfect and not going to falsely report 10's either. New car/truck sales usually get blasted because in most of recent experience some aspect of the deal process was total BS. The only notable exception was purchasing a truck from MD this year, would have cheerfully reported all 10"s but never received the survey

Sponge60

Reaction score
The sales person gets a bonus from Dodge for stellar ratings. It probably is that way for service too. It's all about money. If you ding them, they don't get as much.

Users who are viewing this thread