Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

Power steps with air suspension

I have a 19 2500 with air and amp steps. Relocated air tank has worked fine. Amp also stands behind their steps. Had my OBD2 plug go out 4y2mo into service and they overnighted me a new one under warranty (5 years). I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone
  2. J

What did you do TO your RAM today?

NO does it only clunk twice every time it clunks? Does it clunk like that every time you start from a stop?
  3. J

Intercooler coolant level warning?

Thanks. She runs the same temp in Montana in January as she does in Vegas in august and the level looked fine so i never thought about it being actual coolant level. Will do.
  4. J

Intercooler coolant level warning?

Over the life of the truck (4.25 years) I’ve gotten this on 3 or 4 cold starts (as in its freezing out) and if memory serves always when parked in slightly off level angles. It always freaks me out and then goes away within a minute or so. Anyone else ever experienced this? I’m a 2019 with...
  5. J

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Load up the family to head to the Rose Bowl early new years morning. Drive across town to the rally point with 7 other vehicles and magically the amp steps stopped working…. Waited a few weeks considering going full rock rails and scrapping the amps altogether as I was sure I’d get screwed...
  6. J

Rear end noise

We’re you able to re use the gasket? Going to put an AEV cover on mine with the drain hole at the bottom and was wondering about the gasket. Thanks. JP
  7. J

Power running board issue

my amps are acting up too. you can leave your name and number and they'll call you back. guy today was really helpful, but i was at a place where it was going to be a real bear to get past so i hung up after he gave me the next steps. he told me his name and that he's working tomorrow and to...
  8. J

Banks pedalmonster question

so with that 3 way you can pedal commander, amp steps, and obdlink for logging? and they all work simultaneously?
  9. J

Smooooth riding

I did new kings all around from Thuren, new thuren coils and it improved a lot from stock. When I did the front sway bar a year later, I couldn’t believe how dumb I’d been to leave that part out. Huge difference. Also, so soft on the tire pressures like everyone else says. Huge difference.
  10. J

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

ive never had to show proof of income on a vehicle purchase that i can recall. they want your credit score and you write in what you make. i've never had anyone ask for verification. if you've got a good score, it's probably a non issue.
  11. J

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

my wife has that nav in the center set up on her bmw and it is really nice. i can't remember if the analog tach/speedo with the small screen in the middle has a rudimentary 'next turn' feature or not. i want to say it does, but i've never used it. i ride alone most of the time and if...
  12. J

Any concerns about self-performing routine maintenance while under warranty

i take photos of everything new/used and include them and description of the maintenance in an email it to myself with brief maintenance description as the subject. i also include a photograph of the mileage. all the photos have exif data 'proving' the date/time of the shot as well. easy to...
  13. J

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

my buddy has a 23 2500 CC 6.7 laramie with all the bells and whistles on order through MD. got the call last week regarding no digital dash if not limited. if you have digital dash as an option on a non limited and no one has reached out to you, might wanna call your dealer. they wont build...
  14. J

Dif oil change

im replacing my covers with the ARB on the first round so subsequent rounds are easy. my rear is due this winter.
  15. J

2019 Truck cap/topper/camper shell thread

the big manufacturers (snugtop/ARE) have access to manufacturer paint and the shells match well color wise.
  16. J

Is this a good jack for these HD trucks?

i got the safejack 6T barrel jack. works fine. only question is where you're meant to put the jack stands on the front if you jack the truck in the factory approved location?
  17. J

VENT: Not the greatest experience with Granger

tough to complain about a dirty store and disorganized shelves when you're the one that found that thing you wanted for 25-30% off at the dollar general when you could buy it from a cleaner more organized shop up the road and pay full pop. 4% under invoice NOW is flat out charity. gotta buy a...
  18. J

Camping Pics

lake almanor CA with my buddy and his taco
  19. J

More aggressive tires for my 2022 3500 Ram

im running the falkens in the narrow metric 35 on the 18s. they're so quiet at everything except 25-20mph on the decel where they've always made noise. at 30k on them and they've worn like iron. probably another 20k on em easy. they're sweet in snow. been from socal to bozeman and socal to...
  20. J

More aggressive tires for my 2022 3500 Ram

lumpskie- looking at those as my next tire. what size are you running and how is the road noise? those look so good on your rig