Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Yea I don’t believe there is any formula to how trucks are being built. Once you get your order in and confirmed, it’s up to the Mighty Ram Gods to decide when your truck will be built and ultimately shipped. My order was placed Sept. 15th and things just started moving for me this month. Finally!!!
I would agree there's no set rhyme or reason. I ordered a powerwagon 9/27, it went D1 11/21 and hasn't budged since. I'm sure its a constant juggling act of parts that are available for options selected as well as lower run trims like mine on top of the fact I went with Hydro blue which isn't a high volume color. At this point, I'm assuming that having a truck ordered in Sept by March (6 mos) is probably overly optimistic. Oh well. More time to gather cash for a bigger down payment I guess.

AR2500

Reaction score
Quick Stat Factoids for today:
41 at D1 status
38 at C status
18 at KZ status
3 at E status
In case you hadn’t noticed, total orders are 100 so the numbers in each status are also the percentages. Also, if you add the D1’s and the E’s it comes to 44 to honor the author.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
I would agree there's no set rhyme or reason. I ordered a powerwagon 9/27, it went D1 11/21 and hasn't budged since. I'm sure its a constant juggling act of parts that are available for options selected as well as lower run trims like mine on top of the fact I went with Hydro blue which isn't a high volume color. At this point, I'm assuming that having a truck ordered in Sept by March (6 mos) is probably overly optimistic. Oh well. More time to gather cash for a bigger down payment I guess.
true theres probably more reasons then we can imagine. i been saving for 2 years to order this truck and im pretty much paying cash for this thing so im more just beyond impatient for this truck and i pray it comes very very soon. and i love the hydro blue great choice. if they offered the hydro blue in the night edition i would buy that instantly

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
true theres probably more reasons then we can imagine. i been saving for 2 years to order this truck and im pretty much paying cash for this thing so im more just beyond impatient for this truck and i pray it comes very very soon. and i love the hydro blue great choice. if they offered the hydro blue in the night edition i would buy that instantly
Good on you having that much saved up. That's a great thing given how awful interest rates have gotten. I think they've doubled or more since I originally ordered the truck! Luckily I've been stashing away a sizable down payment too.

This is my first new vehicle in over 20 years, so its both exciting and nerve wracking reading about delivery delays and quality issues.

One unintended perk of the truck probably not showing up until Spring is it will miss the salt encrusted roads of Ohio this winter. That way I can fluid film it before it sees salt next winter. My current 09 GMC has 163,000 miles on it and the only reason I'm replacing it with the Powerwagon is the rust has eaten the bed, bumper and created fist sizes holes under the cab. So this truck is getting fluid filmed in hopes it will last as long without chunks of it dissolving away!

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Good on you having that much saved up. That's a great thing given how awful interest rates have gotten. I think they've doubled or more since I originally ordered the truck! Luckily I've been stashing away a sizable down payment too.

This is my first new vehicle in over 20 years, so its both exciting and nerve wracking reading about delivery delays and quality issues.

One unintended perk of the truck probably not showing up until Spring is it will miss the salt encrusted roads of Ohio this winter. That way I can fluid film it before it sees salt next winter. My current 09 GMC has 163,000 miles on it and the only reason I'm replacing it with the Powerwagon is the rust has eaten the bed, bumper and created fist sizes holes under the cab. So this truck is getting fluid filmed in hopes it will last as long without chunks of it dissolving away!
ya i feel you on the rusting out. my truck now is a 2016 and i plowed with it non stop in ct and im trading it in right before the rust decides to poke through the rear wheel wells and then the dealer gives me nothing for it. and i understand you fully on the nerve wracking part of getting a new truck. my 2016 legit costs half of what the new one is gonna cost me and thats just terrifying

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
ya i feel you on the rusting out. my truck now is a 2016 and i plowed with it non stop in ct and im trading it in right before the rust decides to poke through the rear wheel wells and then the dealer gives me nothing for it. and i understand you fully on the nerve wracking part of getting a new truck. my 2016 legit costs half of what the new one is gonna cost me and thats just terrifying
I hear ya on that. This truck easily costs double the amount of any other vehicle I've bought in my lifetime. So, I hope I'm happy with it and its reliable!

joelp

Reaction score
my buddy has a 23 2500 CC 6.7 laramie with all the bells and whistles on order through MD. got the call last week regarding no digital dash if not limited. if you have digital dash as an option on a non limited and no one has reached out to you, might wanna call your dealer. they wont build your truck as ordered. go limited or go analog tach/speedo with small screen between are your options.

mattbsea

Reaction score
Just got this regarding my 3500 Laramie with level 2. The A67 package and a few others were removed without notice.

Canceling my order for now. Oh well…

“In the past couple of days a list of trucks was sent to BCs that cannot be built due to shortages. This is one of those units.

Unfortunately, were stuck in this case. The customer can either re-order, keep it as is, or decline the unit.”

BSN81

Reaction score
Just got this regarding my 3500 Laramie with level 2. The A67 package and a few others were removed without notice.
Canceling my order for now. Oh well…

“In the past couple of days a list of trucks was sent to BCs that cannot be built due to shortages. This is one of those units.

Unfortunately, we're stuck in this case. The customer can either re-order, keep it as is, or decline the unit.”
Man, this is disappointing. I have yet to hear anything from my dealer about my order. Just keep hearing that everything is "all good". Maybe they don't check their emails or are afraid of losing the sale? Who knows. Either way I'm losing confidence very quickly.

Last edited:

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
my buddy has a 23 2500 CC 6.7 laramie with all the bells and whistles on order through MD. got the call last week regarding no digital dash if not limited. if you have digital dash as an option on a non limited and no one has reached out to you, might wanna call your dealer. they wont build your truck as ordered. go limited or go analog tach/speedo with small screen between are your options.
I must be in the minority that would be happy to not get that 12in digital dash. I'd much prefer the analog gauges with the small LCD center, but I'm pretty sure you get the 12 digital dash standard on the Powerwagon so I don't have a choice.

AR2500

Reaction score
I must be in the minority that would be happy to not get that 12in digital dash. I'd much prefer the analog gauges with the small LCD center, but I'm pretty sure you get the 12 digital dash standard on the Powerwagon so I don't have a choice.
I agree with you. Would rather have analog but don’t have a choice with the 2500 Rebel (classified as a Power Wagon). We’ll see what happens.

Drew M

Reaction score
A totally digital dash sounds really neat, but it's too distracting. I would wind up keeping it as minimal as possible. I'm not sure how I am going to like the 12" infotainment center...

joelp

Reaction score
my wife has that nav in the center set up on her bmw and it is really nice. i can't remember if the analog tach/speedo with the small screen in the middle has a rudimentary 'next turn' feature or not. i want to say it does, but i've never used it. i ride alone most of the time and if someone's in the truck they're never messing with the carplay anyhow...

Uhlaner

Reaction score
Updated information today, interesting that the 2/28/2023 delivery date is now TBD….any ideas why? Thanks all!
8f79d73627eeb9fa9cafcc8df5301585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cumminshome

Reaction score
@brv10 if you would kindly help advise on an issue I'd very much appreciate it. I've tried ordering a specific build several times, all options available on the Order Guide from 20Sep, and all now showing available on the ramtrucks site, but the order keeps getting cancelled by Ram and my dealer can't seem to find out why. Any thoughts on what could be the problem / solution? I can DM you the build list?

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

AR2500

Reaction score
I don’t know but can tell you that the estimated delivery date on my 22 order went back to TBD when it went from in production to built.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

JBoo2911

Reaction score
Updated information today, interesting that the 2/28/2023 delivery date is now TBD….any ideas why? Thanks all!
8f79d73627eeb9fa9cafcc8df5301585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I heard on the ‘22 group there is alternate shipper but they can not track the truck. Maybe that’s why it’s showing TBD now… just my guess lol

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
We have seen a bunch of that in the 22 group, why, who knows, and it didn't seem to cause any abnormal shipping slowdowns

Users who are viewing this thread