Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by TonyT

1. TonyT

19 2500 - rear park sensors go bonkers

(2019 Laramie) Mine does it with the hitch in as well. It's intermittent and typically happens as I'm accelerating from a stop light. I've had the trailer two years and not had this problem until this year. I think that is because I moved the ball up a couple notches to level the trailer load...
  2. TonyT

Delmonico Red touch up paint can't be found....

Maybe try your local paint shop and see if they can match you up a small batch. When I cut the B-pillars on my jeep my local Les Schwab mixed me up a can of spray paint matched to it's 12yo faded flame red. Came out pretty damn close.
  3. TonyT

Lets see what you are towing!

Hahaha, I get it all the time. My buddies want me to ditch the Jeep and get a buggy. Maybe someday. Sand Hollow was awesome! Moab has spectacular views, but Sand Hollow has more serious trails all concentrated within the park. I love that you can just go wherever you choose and not be...
  4. TonyT

Lets see what you are towing!

Added about 2000 towing miles on the Ram last month. Jeep trips to Moab and Sand Hollow.
  5. TonyT

Tuffy Center Console Security

Just to be said.. The pic with the guns was just cause I had them close by. That's a little intense, to be honest. Yes, I've dealt with theft. My locked glovebox and center console in the Jeep were ripped open, by hand, a few years ago when someone hit our neighborhood. This is not...
  6. TonyT

Ceramic coating and PPF worth it or not..lets hear from the masses

There were areas the PPF pulled itself back short of the edges and corners. Quite a few hairline cuts in the paint from improper technique with the razor blade. Trim at the B-Pillars (between the windows) was stressed too much and is no longer straight. I had to buy a new 2500 hood badge...
  7. TonyT

Ceramic coating and PPF worth it or not..lets hear from the masses

I had the PPF and Ceramic done in 2019. It still looks great and beads the water off. I still take it through the automated carwash even though I guess its not great for it. Up close some of the trim around the door handles is starting to peel up ever so slightly, and I've gotten some rock...
  8. TonyT

I ordered through AmericanTrucks.com (Owned by `turn5, they're also affiliated with ExtremeTerrain.com and American Muscle.com) I'd recommend them. I called Tuffy originally, but they didn't have the console for my Jeep in stock, they referred me to AmericanTrucks. Looks like the same thing...
  9. TonyT

The install isn’t all that evasive. The screws just go into the plastic. Even without the screws you can’t pull it out without unlocking the lid and folding in the brackets. You’d have to destroy the console to get it out.
  10. TonyT

I had ordered a couple accessories for the Jeep and I saw this, so I figured why not give it a shot. Install was easy and I think it’s gonna be a useful addition. Console slider still slides all the way back over top of it. Only complaint is I’d rather have a combination code instead of using...
  11. TonyT

Dealership Says They Won't Put Chrome Bumpers on a Custom Built Longhorn

It's not as simple of a task as it sounds to you. They not only would have to put the grill on, but they'd have to change your build sheet, monroney label (window sticker), invoice, pricing, and all the other little behind the scenes paperwork and data entry. It's not uncommon for shops to...
  12. TonyT

3500 Ram Laramie 29 LTD Classic help

I just got a GMRS setup to put in the jeep. Seems like it's the more popular option between CB, UHF/VHF, and GMRS. Here's the info I used. It's fairly easy though I wish they wouldn't use terms any person not deep into HAM/CB terminology would know while going through the sign up process...
  13. TonyT

Help a new wanna be Ram owner out please...

SRW 3500 with the Cummins is probably the smallest, do-all, rig you're looking for. I have a 2500 Crew Cab with the Cummins and I just pull my 7,000 lb Jeep around on a 3500 lb trailer. It tows great, but a 2,000 lb payload goes fast in a crew cab truck. I wish I had gotten a SRW 3500.
  14. TonyT

Tint PPF & Ceramic Coating Quote and Poll (Now with 100% more polling)

Andrew at OZBraz in Gilbert took great care of me. A buddy of mine who is much more into cars than I would (or could be,) takes all his vehicles to him. I had them write up a report on the shoddy work another company botched up, then they fixed what they could followed by PPF, paint...
  15. TonyT

To Ceramic...or not to Ceramic....

Andrew at OZBRAZ in Gilbert. Very professional from start to finish. And they love what they do attending detail and wrap competitions.