Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by tcedgar8

1. tcedgar8

2023 3500 SRW with factory rear air leveling - lift or leveling kit to fit 37" tires suggestion??

I had 35s on my truck when stock with aftermarket rims. I'm sure we've documented what rims and tires fit to death on this forum. Look into a sway bar for the ride and even shocks. But the .5 is an estimate. all trucks are different. Thurens site is full of great info on the subject.
  2. tcedgar8

2023 3500 SRW with factory rear air leveling - lift or leveling kit to fit 37" tires suggestion??

Hey Got my truck back and measured much to my surprise The truck is box high 0.5". Front is 26.5 rear was 27 even. Just added a 400L slip tank so might be the same or dead level.
  3. tcedgar8

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Your probably not wrong about planned obsolescence. I researched what I could on all three major manufactures of 3500 truck trans options had glaring corners cut from cheap clutch material to cheap electronics. The PTO option is what ever as Aisin has the same thing that I know of in chassis cab...
  4. tcedgar8

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

I think moving to the ZF will be a big win for RAM. The medium duty market is a different animal where the application of components has to work or you get lawsuits like International on there engines. The Point of these trucks is for work but for a large number of people that drive them like a...
  5. tcedgar8

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Have you ever had success with the recovery mats? I find they are a good idea with minimal results
  6. tcedgar8

Yeah I think you'll Like 1" it looks some what dead level but its not. and two dirt bike should activate the airbags to level out. I did adjust my valves so when nothings in the bed its got softer bags. and yes getting old sucks and I'm not even old lol. My next purchase may be a good bed step.
  7. tcedgar8

Will do I've only Done it a couple times so Ill have to start doing that.
  8. tcedgar8

You'll have to measure your truck they'll be different from on another I'm 99% sure mine is very slight rake. less than 1" taller in the back if measured. again I can also confirm that when I get the truck back. If you haul a trailer I wouldn't go much higher than a 1" block in the rear as the...
  9. tcedgar8

Unfortunately I don't have any decent pictures and the trucks in the shop for body work. Ill get some pictures when shoes clean and back. I have some rear gravel guards to install and I'm thinking I'll fabricate some DCS guards. Wiggs me out having the piggy back on the bottom. It wont look much...
  10. tcedgar8

I'm a diesel mechanic so my wife is well aware of my cologne. At least I work out of town so I'm clean when I come home.
  11. tcedgar8

These chassis fuel filters are brutal. I tried draining it first the other day and still got a good splash lol. Good Idea
  12. tcedgar8

Well boys my late Christmas present was a effed tailgate courteous of a pubesant teenager. Any way Good news is parts are in and I dropped the truck off for repairs at the body shop.
  13. tcedgar8

This is before I swapped to the Fox 2.5 DSC. It sure looks like my truck is taller with the bigger shocks. I couldn't compress them when they were on the upper mount lol
  14. tcedgar8

19' 3500 Thuren build w/ FOX 2.5 DSC SHOCKS F/R KIT review

Hey guys just a little thread on my truck build. more specifically the Fox shocks i installed I've seen may fellas get Kings and smaller diam. shocks. I built truck with most of the Thuren parts for the front and rear. I decided on Bilstein 5160 fronts these were meant to be a 2-2.5" lift...