Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19' 3500 Thuren build w/ FOX 2.5 DSC SHOCKS F/R KIT review

tcedgar8

Reaction score
Hey guys just a little thread on my truck build. more specifically the Fox shocks i installed

I've seen may fellas get Kings and smaller diam. shocks. I built truck with most of the Thuren parts for the front and rear.

I decided on Bilstein 5160 fronts these were meant to be a 2-2.5" lift these ended up blowing out because they were to short by a couple inches. Bummer
The rears were perfect and fit fine. theses rode great but ripping brand new shocks apart was not ideal.
Of course i wanted the correct fitting shocks that were tuned to my coils AFTER I tried to use different shocks.
I hummed and hawed over the options and figured the Fox 2.5 with DSC was the best option for many reasons

The larger diameter shock really give the truck a firm and controlled feeling. The fact that I can adjust "valving" is the best part. I try to use my truck for every possible scenario. hauling, off road city and HI way driving. I haul horses and have a box camper. I also started taking her out on some local jeep trails. so little bit of variety and having a tunable shock makes a difference.
Now I've had the Fox's on for a limited time so I have only played with the tuning a couple times and kept it down as I didn't install the Front shock gussets yet.

I've done some pretty rough roads and some hauling so far great results. I was able to hit some ridiculous frost heaves and bridge transitions that typically have me hitting my head on the roof ( I'm 6'3" and truck has sunroof).

Since I invested to so much in suspension and shocks I did a few preventive measures. New shocks had Boots installed and a clear vinyl wrap. I ordered Gravel guards for the rear shocks and plan on building Rear shock guards. I know Carli makes some but I got enough scraps from my last projects to build some stuff.

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 38
  • bils.jpg
    bils.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 38

johanh13

Reaction score
Hey guys just a little thread on my truck build. more specifically the Fox shocks i installed

I've seen may fellas get Kings and smaller diam. shocks. I built truck with most of the Thuren parts for the front and rear.

I decided on Bilstein 5160 fronts these were meant to be a 2-2.5" lift these ended up blowing out because they were to short by a couple inches. Bummer
The rears were perfect and fit fine. theses rode great but ripping brand new shocks apart was not ideal.
Of course i wanted the correct fitting shocks that were tuned to my coils AFTER I tried to use different shocks.
I hummed and hawed over the options and figured the Fox 2.5 with DSC was the best option for many reasons

The larger diameter shock really give the truck a firm and controlled feeling. The fact that I can adjust "valving" is the best part. I try to use my truck for every possible scenario. hauling, off road city and HI way driving. I haul horses and have a box camper. I also started taking her out on some local jeep trails. so little bit of variety and having a tunable shock makes a difference.
Now I've had the Fox's on for a limited time so I have only played with the tuning a couple times and kept it down as I didn't install the Front shock gussets yet.

I've done some pretty rough roads and some hauling so far great results. I was able to hit some ridiculous frost heaves and bridge transitions that typically have me hitting my head on the roof ( I'm 6'3" and truck has sunroof).

Since I invested to so much in suspension and shocks I did a few preventive measures. New shocks had Boots installed and a clear vinyl wrap. I ordered Gravel guards for the rear shocks and plan on building Rear shock guards. I know Carli makes some but I got enough scraps from my last projects to build some stuff.
You got photos of the front foxes?

Users who are viewing this thread