Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Stavo

1. S

Why No Option for Power Running Boards on PW?

My RBP power steps tuck up high enough (pretty sure AMP does too) that you are more likely to hit the frame if you high center than the steps. Yes, there is a possibility you could come down only on the steps but, 7,000lb truck coming down on the tube steps is going to do damage too. Personally...
  2. S

How many miles on your hemi / 8 spd?

25k + on my PW with about 10k towing 4500lbs +. No issues.
  3. S

BOOM. New PW FORUM....!!!

It was fine in the sand in Moab but it was wet so it was fairly packed in most places. On loose gravel and hard pack roads, it is fairly composed. It is not a Trophy Truck though. As a desert runner, a Raptor would be better and probably a Rebel.
  4. S

Towing Technology Group a must-have?

I really like all the cameras for offroad as well. I do like the side view cameras when backing the trailer but they are a 'nice to have', not a necessity as the tow mirrors are pretty good for my use. Surround view is nice in tight turns like drive thru or ATM lanes that have inside corner...
  5. S

2019 2500 Gas Gauge Fuel Light

As stated above, it's based on Distance To Empty and not fuel left in tank. I get similar behavior when towing.
  6. S

Positive Thread!

Love the quiet ride inside the cabin. Plenty of creature comforts to make the long rides enjoyable along with the slightly softer suspension of the PW. Towing the trailer is great and the 6.4L has plenty of power and torque. Trail cam and surround camera are great (8.4" screen) for off road...
  7. S

Power convex mirror option

You use the same up/down/left/right buttons and the L/R selector to choose driver or passenger (blue circle). You then push the convex selector button, the large one closer to the dash on the armrest (red circle). It will stay on the convex selection until that button is pushed again.
  8. S

Power convex mirror option

Power Convex probably saves 5 minutes every time we hookup the trailer vs the clip on mirrors I had to use on the FJ. "up... no now down, too far, up a little, ok out a little, no, it went down now up a little...." Would be nice to have tow/haul memory setting. Hit tow/haul mode then hit M1 or...
  9. S

Lets see those power wagons

Only thing I'd say off the bat is that it's large offroad. It'll go pretty much anywhere it can fit though.
  10. S

Last one. This is the trail to Tower Arch and Eye of the Whale. Playing with the hill descent control and articulation a bit. Was able to get the back tire off the ground at one point. I think the front driver's comes off for a brief moment around the 32 second mark. Sorry about the wind...
  11. S

What did your truck get for Christmas?

Have the Bed Rug in mine and love it so far. Self install wasn't bad. We only had to cut slits for the cargo rings in the PW.
  12. S

What did your truck get for Christmas?

Just a few scuffs and scrapes from Moab. :)
  13. S

Here you can see how the sand was sticking to the tires. Couple occasions going from the sand to sandstone I spun the tires but once they were clean, had good traction.
  14. S

Reverse tilt mirrors not returning to position

Just started having this same issue. Worked fine for a while, I turned it off as I didn't really like it. When out 4 wheeling I thought it would be nice so put it back on and neither mirror would return after shifting back into drive. I have since turned it back off and haven't tried it again...
  15. S

PIP and main video aren't quite synced up but it's close. Sound is from the main video so I had to do less bleeping. GF did the main video and I did the PIP trying to hold my phone and drive. Guess I need to get the latest gopro and mount it. ;) This is 4-lo, both lockers and sway bar...