Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500 Gas Gauge Fuel Light

dupwee00

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm at a loss with this gas gauge. For some reason the fuel light comes on when its a little under 1/4 tank (see pic). This issue has been occuring for a few months now and dealership says its normal. Today the fuel light turned on while i was at a gas station. Filled it up and put 24.8 gallons in this beast!! Is anyone else having this issue or is this normal? Feel like the fuel light should turn on when it enters the 1/8 tank mark??!!

OR is there a way to disable the fuel light so i can still autostart my truck?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20191114_071733.jpg
    20191114_071733.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 64

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Not sure why it's set at a quarter tank. I go more by the "miles to empty" read out

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2019_Ram

Reaction score
I noticed you were only hitting s little over 8mpg. This may be why it seems to be coming on early. Mine seems to vary a little and come on when the DTE is right around 50 miles.

AndyS

Reaction score
Yep happened to me also. At fill up took about 24 gallons.

RLange

Reaction score
Yeah my 2500 did that on first tank of fuel, came on @48 miles. It only 23.7 gallons to fill.

brucie

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm at a loss with this gas gauge. For some reason the fuel light comes on when its a little under 1/4 tank (see pic). This issue has been occuring for a few months now and dealership says its normal. Today the fuel light turned on while i was at a gas station. Filled it up and put 24.8 gallons in this beast!! Is anyone else having this issue or is this normal? Feel like the fuel light should turn on when it enters the 1/8 tank mark??!!

OR is there a way to disable the fuel light so i can still autostart my truck?

Thank you

Same here, but I'm not complaining. That means you are down to 6 gallons or potentially 50 miles or less if you are towing a trailer. My previous Tundra had a 38 gallon tank and it would come on at 28 gallons. That was excessive and you could go a long way before refueling, even towing. I don't think you can trust the miles to empty reading either. When the light is on, you just need to get some fuel. My complaint is with the fuel tank size. They have improved that greatly for long beds in 2020 apparently, but I don't want a long bed. It would be so nice to have a 50 gallon tank though, towing but I can't fit my short bed in 80% of parking spaces :(

Stavo

Reaction score
As stated above, it's based on Distance To Empty and not fuel left in tank. I get similar behavior when towing.

j_t_l

Reaction score
My complaint is with the fuel tank size. They have improved that greatly for long beds in 2020 apparently, but I don't want a long bed. It would be so nice to have a 50 gallon tank though

Exactly -- 31 gallons is just not enough. And no option to get any more (especially for gas HEMIs)

It looks the 2500/3500 chassis cab has an option for a 22-gallon midship tank. I wonder if that will fit the 2500/3500 pickups?

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
The 19 OM expresses the aforementioned DTE as "Range To Empty." There is no mention of this indication being used to turn on the "Low Fuel Warning Light." The OM does say this, though:

LowFuel.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread