Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse tilt mirrors not returning to position

Obrracing

Reaction score
Truck was barely 2 days old when I noticed it. Passenger mirror will not return to its memory position. I have to move it up a bit and then it will return or I have to hit the memory button after moving it up a bit. Called the dealer and they said it is not something they are familiar with. Just wondering if there is an easy fix I can do. I have turned the function off/on, made sure the mirrors are fully extended out (that was my seller’s recommendation), and still the same thing...Internet is riddled with complaints, just no fixes...

thanks for any ideas...

charlie

Last edited:

Hstone556

Reaction score
I didn’t care for the auto-tilt feature because it’s so slow to return. Sorry to hear yours is giving you problems. Hopefully there’s a fix for it.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Folks with 1500s are having issue too. Some discussion of a workaround using the 2nd memory position.

Stavo

Reaction score
Just started having this same issue. Worked fine for a while, I turned it off as I didn't really like it. When out 4 wheeling I thought it would be nice so put it back on and neither mirror would return after shifting back into drive. I have since turned it back off and haven't tried it again. Wasn't really an option to stop and hit M1 each time.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Found that they tilt far too low for my liking on the 1500 and it is no better on the 2500... there is no way to adjust how far down they go, so I turned it off and haven't turned it back on...

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I tried them for a while on my 12 and they are good if you park beside a curb. Turned them off years ago and have not tried them on the 19 yet.

Obrracing

Reaction score
Yep...you are all saying things I have read on the internet. I read and kind of like the 2d memory button, wife doesn’t drive it anyway. Not worth taking it in just for that, so I may wait for the first oil change.

aaronlammm

Reaction score
Same thing happened with mine. The truck had probably 200 miles on it, the mirrors and the entry seat decided not to go back to its original place. So I took it back into the dealer to have them check to see if it’s the wiring or something. But they weren’t able to do anything about it and told me it’s because of the weather. They told me if it’s cold it’s not going to work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Same thing happened with mine. The truck had probably 200 miles on it, the mirrors and the entry seat decided not to go back to its original place. So I took it back into the dealer to have them check to see if it’s the wiring or something. But they weren’t able to do anything about it and told me it’s because of the weather. They told me if it’s cold it’s not going to work properly.
I sincerely hope that you have an alternate option as regards a dealer... :rolleyes:

Obrracing

Reaction score
Interesting...it is around and below freezing here in WY...I will have to try it when it is warmer to “see” if that is remotely possible...

Obrracing

Reaction score
Finally took it to the dealer and it actually threw a code that the dealer said they would have to dismantle the door to investigate a wire shortage or replace the mirror, Code is BF106-14.

Users who are viewing this thread