Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Oneday997

1. O

PSA - Exhaust Brake and slick roads

This may be common knowledge for many of you, but for those that haven't heard this before - do not use your exhaust brake on slick roads! I was towing our horse trailer with our 3500 dually late last week - roads were dry but it had snowed a little the night before and we had maybe 6"+ on the...
  2. O

Experience with "roll up \ aluminum" type covers

Retrax Pro here. Love it. No real issues. The lock mechanisim gets a little sticky if both sides of the track aren't totally even, but that's it. Haven't had any issues with it in the cold/snow. Fairly water tight - some water does come in from the tailgate, but I'm sure it could be sealed up...
  3. O

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

Two things - 1) The 3 beeps when exiting the vehicle while it's on with the key in my pocket and 2) no automatic entry on the rear doors - have to touch the front doors first. First world problems indeed - love these trucks
  4. O

Best tires for RAM 2500

Went with Yokohama Geolander A/T G015. Great price (under $400/tire) and have the M+S 3 peaks designation. Haven't had them on the current rig long enough to comment too much on them, but so far so good. Had them on a previous '16 Ram and was quite happy with them. Opted for 285/65/20 for a...
  5. O

Lower grill replacement?

Thanks. Apprciate the info. Sounds like this will wait until I have a weekend in which I feel like I have an abundance of patience!
  6. O

Lower grill replacement?

Had a car in front of me kick up a piece of metal that smacked the lower grill insert on my '22 Limited. I think I found the part on eBay but was curious if anyone knew how these pop in? Does the whole bumper need to come off and then this pops in from behind, or is it as simple as pulling it...
  7. O

275/65-20 or 285/65-20

Just posted in a separate thread, but like many, I had the same dilema of how big to go. Wanted to keep the stock wheels and no level for now, but wanted tires that 1) performed better than the terrible stock tires and 2) looked better on the truck. Went 285/65/20 Yoko Geolanders A/T G015...
  8. O

285/65/20 Yokohama Geolander A/T G015

Just popped these on today to replace the stock Terribleforce tires. I spent hours on here looking at, and thinking about, options including staying with stock size, going to 35x12.50s, or 295/65/20s. I wanted something to fill out the wheel wells more, but didn't want to add width as I'm...
  9. O

Pearl White vs. Bright White - Photo

It does. It's very fine but definitely adds that pearl effect - especially in the sunlight. You have to really look closely to see the actual flake in it.
  10. O

Thanks for the kind words! I really couldn't be happier with these trucks. I was originally looking for a Bright White 2500, but when the Pearl popped up with the spec that I wanted at a local dealer, I went for it. It's grown on me with time and I'd happily choose it again.
  11. O

Forgot the photo before posting so here it is...
  12. O

I've seen the question of Pearl White vs. Bright White come up from time to time, so figured I'd post a quick photo of the two colors next to each other since I had both of ours out today. The angle makes it a little tougher, but this is pretty good representation of what they look like in real...
  13. O

Ram 3500 Mega Cab DRW Fuel Tank

I'm out of town for the next two weeks, so not able to get a picture. If you look back at my past posts, I think it's pretty clear it's legit. I'd say most of the folks on this forum are big boys and girls and can sniff out a scam pretty easily, but again, your rules are your rules, so whatever...
  14. O

PS - I see you are in Douglas County CO. I am too - happy to have a 'meet up' so you can see it if you'd like
  15. O

Not really sure what that accomplishes and I'm not offering shipping. In fact, I say buyer to arrange shipping at their expense (e.g. I'm not offering it). I did say I'd deliver within in hour of Denver. If it makes you feel safer, we can call it a 'meetup' as you note. But whatever - if you...