Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
Nothing, it is everything hoped for and more. Like that beautiful woman who was a 10 at a BAC 1.0 and still so the next day. :))

Jeff1759

Reaction score
A minor annoyance. On start up, the clock always reads 3 hours earlier than the actual time. I never see it happen, but eventually it corrects itself.

mountainears

Reaction score
You guys give me some feedback here. Everyone complains about the horn honk when leaving the truck running…….BUT why must you keep the keys in your pocket?? Anytime I get in any vehicle (with push button) the keys get tossed in the cup holder or the console area somewhere. Why do you feel that you must have them in your pocket to get out of the truck with it running? Why are you getting out of it running in the first place? And whatever this reason is, why is it a problem for the keys to be left inside? Theft? If so, why are you leaving it running anyway? I’m not a “keep everything in my pockets” kind of guy. I can’t stand **** in my pockets. That’s the one thing I miss most about my F350. The keypad on the door. Keys stayed in the cup holder. Lock the door. Go about my business. Use the keypad to unlock it when I return. In the past, I wouldn’t even consider buying a different make of truck because of this one feature alone.

Key is always in my pocket for convenience. If I get out I don’t have to grab it to take with me, it’s already there. It’s not in the center console rattling around. Just a habit someone gets into.

I do lock the dogs in the car with the AC on. I have a mailbox down the road, I get out with the car running, close the door and grab my mail. Also been known to just let it idle and locked when I stop at the fire station or other places when I need to run in and out (and keep truck cool or warm).

I did create a post on how to disable the 3 honks btw. Not the quickest thing, but doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oneday997

Reaction score
Two things - 1) The 3 beeps when exiting the vehicle while it's on with the key in my pocket and 2) no automatic entry on the rear doors - have to touch the front doors first. First world problems indeed - love these trucks

mountainears

Reaction score
Two things - 1) The 3 beeps when exiting the vehicle while it's on with the key in my pocket and 2) no automatic entry on the rear doors - have to touch the front doors first. First world problems indeed - love these trucks

If anyone wants to fix the first one, here’s the link to the post I mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebruns

Reaction score
If anyone wants to fix the first one, here’s the link to the post I mentioned
Bummer that you have to have the VSIM module to make this work. I'm not happy about those horn chirps either, but it doesn't bother me enough to buy a module, wiring harnes, Alpaobd, etc. Thanks for the write up though.

phrogman

Reaction score
Well, finally got through 260+ posts. While I dislike many of things you have all shared, my #1 is the windshield wiper controls. I live in Florida so we get a lot of rain and I hate having to adjust/search the speed settings back and forth with the same twist knob. On my previous truck I would set the twist knob at my preferred slow setting and would rarely have to adjust it because I could control the off, on, fast and super fast settings with a flick of the lever. Much quicker, convenient and safer when you get hit with some light rain and then it turns into a hurricane in a split second.

Some other things that I agree with are the brightness of the screens, radio favorites resetting, light configurations and the 3 honks. I would like to give an honorable mention to the steering wheel volume control settings. Every vehicle I have ever owned has had them on the left side. WTF!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread