Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by kxnate

1. K

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Hahahaha!!
  2. K

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Just because an oil is the same weight doesn't mean it has the same additive package as the manufacturers approved spec fluid. Regardless, I don't have the checking account to pay for as many lawyers as FCA does should any warranty issues ever arise that could be pointed to a particular fluid...
  3. K

Bug Deflector

No fitment issues at all
  4. K

Bug Deflector

I had the same problem with my 21, the chrome Mopar deflector I ordered only said it fit 19 and 20. I think it takes a year or so for all the parts records to be brought up to date because I had the same issue finding aftermarket air filters for my 21, everything said it only fit 19 and 20...
  5. K

Bug Deflector

This is on a 2021, I would certainly think 22 would be the same. Yes it comes with rubber bumpers to stick on the hood under it just like in jademt's pic.
  6. K

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Did the first oil change on my truck last weekend. Figured hell with it and went with Penzoil. Decided I wasn't going to risk an argument over warranty should anything happen to my engine, and also feel that as expensive as these modern engines are to fix/replace, Ram/Fiat is not going to...
  7. K

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

Purely looks for me, have always liked the look of cab lights at night. My favorite was my 83 Dodge with a Lund moonvisor with the orange lights in the leading edge and I could see their orange glow through the windshield at night, I miss the 90's!! One added bonus I kinda like about my chrome...
  8. K

Factory air suspension operation

I have read numerous times on this forum that the factory air suspension system is completely sealed and intakes no outside air, nor discharges any air to atmosphere. If that is truly the case, than please explain this line which comes off the compressor, runs up the inside of the front of the...
  9. K

Bug Deflector

I thought mine looked pretty darned streamlined and mine is an oem Mopar deflector. Something definitely looks different with yours and Arths though where it meets the grille surround??
  10. K

Black Door Pillars

Peeled mine.
  11. K

Please don't subject your engine to a K&N Air Filter

Ahhh, the old hillbilly horsepower. Good for at least 15 at the rear wheels right!!
  12. K

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Talking possibly 5-10" over the next couple days for Billings MT.
  13. K

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Peeled the blackout decals between the windows today. Was not a fan of them.
  14. K

1st Oil Change - Drain Plug Failure

Ok. Those are the only 2 examples of diesels I've ever owned, so thought maybe that was the difference.
  15. K

1st Oil Change - Drain Plug Failure

My 2007 John Deere skidsteer the oil actually stays very clean for quite a while after a change, but the 05 Cummins I had was black as coal as soon as I fired it up after an oil change. I don't know if that has something to do with a mechanical injection system vs a high pressure common rail or...