Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Deflector

flan

Reaction score
man i wish my Tman didnt come with the chrome pkg i have to get around to painting the chrome i already debaged it i just need to strip the parts and spray some satin black on it in the spray booth at work

Yep it’s not easy being poor. Someday I’ll be able to afford chrome :p

matemike

Reaction score
2500 white with NE package ordered. Getting aftermarket parts during the wait.

I'm looking for a deflector with the most deflection. I had a lund on an old F-150 that actually had an up-swoop and it did what it's supposed to do very well. Today all these deflectors seem too low pro and stream lined.
Lastly I want to get mine wrapped in a bright white so it matches the hood and does not break-up the look from black grill to white valence back to white hood. If that makes sense.

@BroKV is yours a AVS bugflector? It actually looks like it has an up-swoop

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Installed my Mopar chrome deflector yesterday. Mostly to protect the front edge of the hood from stone chips. I like it as it blends in with the existing chrome grill. Instructions sucked but got her done. Instead of mounting the clips to the deflector first, I installed the clips on the truck per the instructions. Then mounted the deflector on the clips. Fits nice. The guy in the parts department wanted to know where I got the part number as it was not in his system. Told him I got it from a parts screen shot someone had posted on here. He just laughted and thanked me for the numbers.
Are there rubber legs on the bottom that sit on the hood to keep from rattling? Would you mind a pic from the windshield side?

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
I thought mine looked pretty darned streamlined and mine is an oem Mopar deflector. Something definitely looks different with yours and Arths though where it meets the grille surround??View attachment 26550
Is that on a 2022? I was going to order 82215750AB but the dealership can’t guarantee it to fit a 2022 Limited Longhorn 2500.

jadmt

Reaction score
Are there rubber legs on the bottom that sit on the hood to keep from rattling? Would you mind a pic from the windshield side?
yes there are 6 little cone nubbins that are glued to the hood with double sided tape and the deflector rests on them. hard to get a decent photo but you can kind of see them.
927E243B-0FF6-4D98-98F6-D0BE382BBB89.jpeg

kxnate

Reaction score
Is that on a 2022? I was going to order 82215750AB but the dealership can’t guarantee it to fit a 2022 Limited Longhorn 2500.
This is on a 2021, I would certainly think 22 would be the same. Yes it comes with rubber bumpers to stick on the hood under it just like in jademt's pic.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
The ordering software takes my VIN and tells them it does not fit. They say if I order it, it is not refundable. What would Jesus do?

kxnate

Reaction score
The ordering software takes my VIN and tells them it does not fit. They say if I order it, it is not refundable. What would Jesus do?
I had the same problem with my 21, the chrome Mopar deflector I ordered only said it fit 19 and 20. I think it takes a year or so for all the parts records to be brought up to date because I had the same issue finding aftermarket air filters for my 21, everything said it only fit 19 and 20, which are the same as 21's.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 21, the chrome Mopar deflector I ordered only said it fit 19 and 20. I think it takes a year or so for all the parts records to be brought up to date because I had the same issue finding aftermarket air filters for my 21, everything said it only fit 19 and 20, which are the same as 21's.
Did you have any problem with hood clearance?

BroKV

Reaction score
2500 white with NE package ordered. Getting aftermarket parts during the wait.

I'm looking for a deflector with the most deflection. I had a lund on an old F-150 that actually had an up-swoop and it did what it's supposed to do very well. Today all these deflectors seem too low pro and stream lined.
Lastly I want to get mine wrapped in a bright white so it matches the hood and does not break-up the look from black grill to white valence back to white hood. If that makes sense.

@BroKV is yours a AVS bugflector? It actually looks like it has an up-swoop

Just saw this, correct it is the AVS Bugflector II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Ok, so I’m between the AVS and the Mopar. I see the AVS tapes down flat, I’m not to keen of the painted edge of the hood showing on the front and I’m sure it is not very effective with as little rise as it has. On the other hand, the Mopar has had mention of screws showing at the front, any pics of this?
AC4A1DFF-19C9-4FD8-888B-AC8BBDE6E153.jpeg

jadmt

Reaction score
aeroskin looks the best and if I had to do it over that is what I would do. actually i would probably just have xpel applied and call it good. I hate my mopar one it is butt ugly. the only place they protect is the leading edge and Xpel or similar would do that. I also notice more hood buffeting when meeting trucks etc.

2B9090B4-2D4C-4F0F-A28E-7B67D0AA720F.jpeg

Last edited:

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
They make an Aeroskin II but do not presently offer it in chrome. It appears to cover the front edge better and has a slight bit more functionality.
729695FF-F8B1-4EF6-B978-2A02F592C106.jpeg

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
oh hell no on that one lol..
Agreed, but what if it was smooth chrome? I will prob get the standard Aeroskin in chrome, I like shiny things….just found it for only $100. Funny how they can take $3.00 worth of plastic, add a $1.00 box and get $100 or more for it. Pure genius! :) Nice pic by the way….

Last edited:

CdnHO

Reaction score
Ok, so I’m between the AVS and the Mopar. I see the AVS tapes down flat, I’m not to keen of the painted edge of the hood showing on the front and I’m sure it is not very effective with as little rise as it has. On the other hand, the Mopar has had mention of screws showing at the front, any pics of this?
View attachment 28481
My Mopar shield. Look real close you can see some of the bracket's reflection in the grill chrome but you wouldn't normally notice it. Give good coverage to the leading edge of the hood. Not likely it does much for bugs, but it does keep that leading edge of the hood from being pelted with stones.

IMG_1193.JPGIMG_1191.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread