Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by dogbreath650

1. dogbreath650

November is the Month to buy a HD Ram - Up to 20% off or $19,500 off MSRP on 2023 Ram HDs

I bought my 23 from them earlier this year. Good experience all around, check 'em out...
  2. dogbreath650

Ram Will Offer 50 Unit Run Of The Power Wagon For Mexican Customers

Since our HDs are built in Mexico it seems like they should be able to have access to buy them, not sure why the restrictions are in place,
  3. dogbreath650

P3 brake controller

I did use the p3 pigtail and have not seen any display for the TBC anywhere on the dash.
  4. dogbreath650

P3 brake controller

There were issues with the brake controllers with the mid-teen RAM HDs. The one on my new 23 is great but on my 16 it sucked as the OP described. I ended up changing over to the P3 on the 16 and it performed much better. I didn't need to get a reflash or anything, just plug and play.
  5. dogbreath650

Duraflap, Gatorback, Weathertech or Husky Mudflaps

2nd set of duraflaps here, good product. Another benefit is if you have any issue with anything a live knowledgeable person will get things figured out for you quickly over the phone.
  6. dogbreath650

Is this 2023 Ram 3500 leaf spring configuration different from before? Picture

Funny, I was just thinking yesterday how much better my 23 3500 SRW 6.4 bed (no air) rides as compared to my 16 3500 DRW 8ft bed (no air). Still feels like a HD truck, but much smoother and less jarring, even over the expansion joints on the Interstate around Colorado Spring and Denver...
  7. dogbreath650

Laramie bed rail pockets

Thanks, guess I should've looked at the new truck before posting. Coming from a long bed I just assumed the standard bed would also have center pockets, bummer, I wanted to tie down some light bulky lawn chairs on top of my Bakflip MX4 when pulling the travel trailer, guess I'll need a Plan B...
  8. dogbreath650

Laramie bed rail pockets

Likely discussed before but my search abilities must need improvement as I couldn't find any. My 23 Laramie has the plastic bed rail cover and only has holes in the extreme rear and front of the rails. I'd like to mount several pocket tiedown cleats but don't want to make a mess of cutting...
  9. dogbreath650

all metric or do I still need SAE wrenches/sockets?

Putting together a basic toolkit to keep in the truck. On my 2023 do I still need to carry SAE wrenches/sockets or is everything metric by now? Thanks
  10. dogbreath650

4% Under Invoice on any Retail order HD Ram Truck

I just picked up mine this month and there was no "no sale" agreement.
  11. dogbreath650

4% Under Invoice on any Retail order HD Ram Truck

I got about 11% off MSRP on an ordered 3500 Laramie. This is a pretty good price for one off the lot. I highly recommend Granger, it was an easy, painless buying experience for me...
  12. dogbreath650

Excessive/long crank time

My 23 takes several seconds longer than my 16 ever did, thought it was just mine for some reason...
  13. dogbreath650

New truck in and oil change question

With the EVIC telling us how much oil life is left I can't see how FCA could deny a warranty claim as long as you're within the EVIC messaging band. I'd like to see some links or evidence of successful warranty claim denial for > 1 year between changes when you're complying with EVIC guidelines...
  14. dogbreath650

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

I installed Revelco in my Jeep around 14 years ago. Did the install myself and it took awhile. As it involves a lot of under dash and engine compartment work I'd likely pay for an install if I did it again. Good reliable system over the years although now that my Jeep is pretty much trail use...
  15. dogbreath650

Fire extinguisher mount

Thanks Mountainears. Looks like the DDI one mounts differently and sits farther back.