Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie bed rail pockets

dogbreath650

Reaction score
Likely discussed before but my search abilities must need improvement as I couldn't find any. My 23 Laramie has the plastic bed rail cover and only has holes in the extreme rear and front of the rails. I'd like to mount several pocket tiedown cleats but don't want to make a mess of cutting through the cover to access the other pockets. Any tips for doing a nice job?

flan

Reaction score
I don’t know what kind of tools you have but something like a router or rotozip with a template made from the rear hole can potentially do a nice job.

jsalbre

Reaction score
As far as I’m aware there are only stale pockets at the corners. I don’t think there are any in the center.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Must be something else “missing” from the ‘23’s. My ‘22 Laramie has the center stake pockets.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I didn’t realize we were talking about a long bed a signatures don’t show up on the phone so I usually don’t see them.

I didn’t know LBs had an extra stake pocket either though.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t realize we were talking about a long bed a signatures don’t show up on the phone so I usually don’t see them.

I didn’t know LBs had an extra stake pocket either though.

Not sure what phone you have, but usually if you rotate the phone to landscape mode it will show signatures.

dogbreath650

Reaction score
Thanks, guess I should've looked at the new truck before posting. Coming from a long bed I just assumed the standard bed would also have center pockets, bummer, I wanted to tie down some light bulky lawn chairs on top of my Bakflip MX4 when pulling the travel trailer, guess I'll need a Plan B...

jsalbre

Reaction score
Not sure what phone you have, but usually if you rotate the phone to landscape mode it will show signatures.
Yeah, that works on my iPhone, I’m just lazy and I like reading with it verticality oriented. This is the only forum I use that hides signatures like this.

Users who are viewing this thread