Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire extinguisher mount

dogbreath650

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas or pictures of an easily accessible but somewhat out of the way fire extinguisher mount. I have the seats folded flat in the back about half the time with gear on it so on the floor or in the storage box probably wouldn't work. I kinda like the idea of somewhere under or alongside the drivers seat but I don't know if you can mount something there that wouldn't interfere with seat movement. I'm also thinking something in the bed on the side in the rear on a molle panel or something might work but it's not as accessible as I'd like. Whatcha think?

Darkone

Reaction score
I’ve had a desert designs seat molle mount with a fire extinguisher for about 2 years with no complaint. Doesn’t interfere with the seat or drivers legs. For reference I’m 6’1” and my wife is 5’7” and neither one of us have a problem. It keeps it right in reach of the driver which is what I wanted. I also know the NH Overland makes a mount like this too, although I’ve never used it his other products are awesome so I have no doubt it’s a good piece as well 8DEAC424-AF81-41CA-90C7-30AE38DBEC6F.jpeg

dogbreath650

Reaction score
Couldn't find the Desert Designs one but the NH Overland one looks interesting.

mountainears

Reaction score
Couldn't find the Desert Designs one but the NH Overland one looks interesting.

It’s Desert Does It. I have that one as well. Expensive but I like it. I did have to trim a little plastic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogbreath650

Reaction score
Thanks Mountainears. Looks like the DDI one mounts differently and sits farther back.

Vinman

Reaction score
I have an Element fire extinguisher in all our vehicles, much smaller and way more extinguishing power than traditional extinguishers.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I have an Element fire extinguisher in all our vehicles, much smaller and way more extinguishing power than traditional extinguishers.

They put out very little volume, wouldn’t count on one to put out a fuel/fluid fire.

mountainears

Reaction score
I posted a video not long ago comparing them to other extinguishers. I would encourage anyone wanting to keep Elements in their vehicles to look at it. If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll dig up the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC Rebel

Reaction score
No UL or certified rating on the Element fire extinguisher here in the USA . I will stick with the tried and true extinguishing methods.

Users who are viewing this thread