Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by CaptainMike

1. CaptainMike

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Damn. Ram need's to own this. Just own it, you greedy, incompetent b@st@rds.
  2. CaptainMike

Automatic Regen too often

If your going down the LL track then do not have any contact with the manufacturer concerning a buyback. That will complicate things and possibly nullify your LL case. This is what I got from my LL attorney. According to him it's an 'either/or' kind of thing.
  3. CaptainMike

Hahahaha, I forgot about the batteries causing the engine noise.
  4. CaptainMike

Wow, just wow. Your mains must be scored as well, along with #6 cylinder wall. Who knows what else.
  5. CaptainMike

22 6.7 “making oil”

I completely agree. My dealer tech swapped out the factory orange/no strip AF with a new OEM orange/no strip AF, and they replaced both the MAFS and the boost tube with zero improvement. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the only that has 'fixed' my regen issue so far is replacing the DPF...
  6. CaptainMike

22 6.7 “making oil”

Such horrible customer service. I, too, am sorry you're going through this, with the difference between me and cRam Cares is that I am sincere.
  7. CaptainMike

22 6.7 “making oil”

I think you should look for another dealer that takes these kinds of things seriously instead of bullshi**ing you. I had the same issue and my dealership/service manager took it very seriously. They tried a number of things to remedy it (opened 3 STAR cases that I'm aware of) and finally...
  8. CaptainMike

Frequent Active Regen fix

I haven't been monitoring the boost pressure.
  9. CaptainMike

Frequent Active Regen fix

I have run the gamut with my truck. MAFS, air filters, boost tube, fuel system pressure test, and fuel pump eval with no changes. They replaced the DPF last month and it now seems to be operating properly. Peeking through the pipe the original one "looked" okay, too, but who knows what the guts...
  10. CaptainMike

Regen

I didn't 'convince' Ram to do anything. I did have multiple P2459 codes (frequent regens), and a very good service manager/mechanic and we are keeping at it. It seems to be functioning properly now, but I won't be satisfied for another 20 -30k more miles. You might have a similar truck to mine...
  11. CaptainMike

Regen

After everything this truck has put me through I'll take whatever good news I can get. This has been a very frustrating and confounding series of events.
  12. CaptainMike

Regen

Yes, although not quite an emphatic one yet.
  13. CaptainMike

Regen

Follow up to post #191. Yesterday morning the EVIC was at 10 -12% upon startup, it then went to 30ish on the trip to my jobsite. I hauled 2 loads of gravel in my dump trailer and marveled at the passive regen taking it down to zero. I haven't seen that in a long time. I'm doing a 200 mile+ round...
  14. CaptainMike

Regen

For what it's worth, I've run the gamut with my '22 HO CTD. I drive 80:20 highway/town, tow regularly and had no regen problems until about 20,000 miles, then constant regens like you're experiencing, with equally constant fuel dilution of my crankcase. Here's what the dealership tried...
  15. CaptainMike

Emergency vehicle notification.

No offense taken, and I hear you!