Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency vehicle notification.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Never noticed this message before. Firetruck ahead of us going in the same direction. Is the emergency vehicle transmitting some sort of signal?

IMG_5900.jpeg

unclelala

Reaction score
Do u subscribe monthly ? cause I do not so Im guessing I would not get that message

CdnHO

Reaction score
Yes I am subscribed. It may also be the flashing light being sensed by the front camera?

flan

Reaction score
Well now I'm going to have to go ambulance chasing to see if mine works.

Fire/police/ems departments must purchase and install a needed transmitter box for the alert to activate. I believe there’s a subscription fee too. It’s slow catching on, you may or may not receive an alert.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
There will be other clues that there's an emergency vehicle approaching...

Kidding aside, I think this is a pretty good idea. I'm a retired fireman and while I think most folks comply with our request for right-of-way, they have to be able to see and hear us. That isn't always possible, especially on city streets and with many existing driver distractions. I've been caught unawares several times as well.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Once again I say screw that crap. No offense to you @CaptainMike - Thank you for your service! - but I'm sick of the myriad ways 'the cloud' and every Tom, Dick, and Harry gets to track me. Per the article, "..which allows vehicles to "talk" to one another, and to the infrastructure around them." Oh goody! Of course Stellantis throws the proverbial bone with, "Sharing your car's location can also help recover it if it's stolen, Stellantis says." My prayer for the day: "Dear Lord, how did we EVER survive pre-internet and the cloud? Thank you Lord for the ever-present eyes of the grid. Thank you!! I feel so safe and secure now. I have lost all ability to think and to make decisions on my own - but I am thankful for that!"

(stepping off my soapbox)

Sponge60

Reaction score
I've seen a recent message pop up about a vehicle on the shoulder ahead, or similar wording. Caught me by surprise a little. Neat feature, similar to Waze.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Once again I say screw that crap. No offense to you @CaptainMike - Thank you for your service! - but I'm sick of the myriad ways 'the cloud' and every Tom, Dick, and Harry gets to track me. Per the article, "..which allows vehicles to "talk" to one another, and to the infrastructure around them." Oh goody! Of course Stellantis throws the proverbial bone with, "Sharing your car's location can also help recover it if it's stolen, Stellantis says." My prayer for the day: "Dear Lord, how did we EVER survive pre-internet and the cloud? Thank you Lord for the ever-present eyes of the grid. Thank you!! I feel so safe and secure now. I have lost all ability to think and to make decisions on my own - but I am thankful for that!"

(stepping off my soapbox)
No offense taken, and I hear you!

CdnHO

Reaction score
I think the genie is out of the bottle. Long ago. We are now surrounded by devices that see and hear everything, know where you are. Vehicles, TVs, refrigerators, washing machines, "security" systems, lights, switches, and the list goes on and on. Not to mention that phone that everyone has in their pocket. I fear the future and what it holds for our children and grand children. Sorry, somewhat off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread