Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by bigontheblue

1. B

SO what's a REAL lift

Thanks! It's a 1989 Jayco Sportster 8. The original roof was flat, and it leaked, so I took it off and built a barrel roof (curved side to side and front to back). Full bed was a bit small for Mrs Dash and me, so I rebuilt the front end and cabinets to accommodate a queen bed. It got a paint job...
  2. B

SO what's a REAL lift

I appreciate everyone's read and reply, some made me chuckle, some made me shake my head but overall I'm grateful for this community. I got the Airlift 7500XL and installed it a couple weeks ago. I've spent the last two weekends climbing mountains, scouting for elk, fishing and camping, and...
  3. B

SO what's a REAL lift

Huh? +18 or more? For a stock width of... ? 7.5? I was under the impression that stock at ~+44 and 7.5 wide would rub. That's more than 18.... do you mean less than 18? Help me, I'm derp!? Thuren recommends +18-25 for stock width. I'm considering rims that are -16 @ 9.5 wide. If...
  4. B

SO what's a REAL lift

Before I commit to removing the front spacer, will I still be able to stuff 37's under it? I have 35's on stock 17's and there's a tiny bit of control arm rub at full lock. Looking at a new set of 17x9 rims with -16 mm offset. I have zero well rub right now. Just for grins what tires should...
  5. B

SO what's a REAL lift

I measured tire to wheel well. 9.75" in the front and 7.375" in the rear. With the leveler removed, it wouldn't look so squatted. I guess that's next. The front end doesn't float like a squatted truck so that's good. The camper stays on basically from June through hunting season in the...
  6. B

SO what's a REAL lift

Yeah that looks exactly what's on top of the coil. What does the stock one look like? I also think that's a lot of squat @jetrinka. Looking into air ride now, but should I be looking at new leafs first?
  7. B

SO what's a REAL lift

FYI - I only haul right now. I had a 1500 with a truck mounted camper.... I put in HD leaf springs but the tranny couldn't keep up. I've put the same camper on this past weekend and I'm getting more "squat" than I expected. The camper can't be THAT heavy... I'll shoot a pic with the camper...
  8. B

SO what's a REAL lift

WOW - that's great, I appreciate everyone's read and reply to this. Here are a few pics...
  9. B

2019+ Powered Running Boards on a 2012

Thanks for the read and reply @Aries2500. The install kit you linked doesn't fit my 2012 3500 Mega. I didn't find a similar kit that would actually fit my truck but it will likely only be a difference in wire length. I'm not sure if that controller gets me any closer to a solution. Did you...
  10. B

TY SIR! Dropping $1600 on steps just isn't in the cards RN. I'll tinker a bit more. I actually don't need it to communicate on the bus - I'm fine with it being independent. I just need open door signals from somewhere. I found them in the Door Lock Circuit, but what I really need is the...
  11. B

HD Noob in Colorado

TY Crusty - Sláinte!
  12. B

HD Noob in Colorado

This has 35's on 17's and it rubs on hardware at full lock (very little liner rub). Do you run spacers to avoid rubbing with 37's? Agree that the ride will be nicer with bigger tires on smaller rims. I'll look into Thuren because I do spend a lot of time on forest roads.
  13. B

SO what's a REAL lift

My dealer tells me that my 3500 is lifted. I'm not buying it (I just bought it), it's certainly taller than my 3rd gen 1500, but not obnoxious. Also doesn't seem to "need" a leveling kit as it doesn't dive at all .... maybe a leveling kit was what they were referring to but I still don't see...
  14. B

HD Noob in Colorado

I suppose a pic of the rig makes sense. It's new to me so photos are limited....
  15. B

Also - I've been using this thread https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/mopar-power-deployable-running-boards.1632/ Not sure how to correctly reference another thread.... But I have figured out how to reference another user @Jimmy07 since he has been HUGE in my quest so far! Tons of...