Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by BEIS

1. B

Olive Green Pearlcoat Discontinued for HD Rams

I went into the dealer today to price out a 2022 HD Ram in Olive Green Pearlcoat. If you ordered your 2022 HD Ram in May of this year, you were able to select Olive Green Pearlcoat as a color. Now, you aren't able to select it on the Ram build webpage and the dealer isn't able to select it in...
  2. B

Power Wagon grill on other trims?

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could potentially replace the diesel Longhorn/Limited standard grills with the Power Wagon black grill (specifically the 75th anniversary edition) on other 2500/3500 trims? I'm asking, because the Power Wagon is a gasser and not sure if the grill...
  3. B

8.5” vs 12” touchscreen

Thanks, Anthony!
  4. B

8.5” vs 12” touchscreen

What wireless adapter are you using for the wireless carplay? Thanks!
  5. B

Full Leather Steering Wheel vs. Plasti-Wood?

Man, I agree with this topic - I thought I was the only one that thought this. The Longhorn steering wheel is very slick/slippery. I was considering purchasing a new Longhorn edition, but am actually leaning towards a fully loaded Laramie because of the steering wheel concern.
  6. B

Any tall guys found issue with lack of headroom/legroom?

Same issue with me. The sunroof robs about 2-3” of headroom.
  7. B

Average Cummins HO mpg - unloaded

Hey guys, thinking about pulling the trigger on a Cummins HO. What are you guys seeing for mpg?
  8. B

Why are these trucks considered 4.5 gen and not 5th gen?

Ahhh… so this is just because somebody got butt-hurt that we didn't get all the options that the 1500's had?
  9. B

Why are these trucks considered 4.5 gen and not 5th gen?

Trying to figure out why people define the 2019+ trucks as 4.5 gen and not 5th gen... The 2019+ trucks are totally different than 2018 and earlier. My understanding is that the "5th gen" will maintain the same exterior and potentially add: * Panoramic moonroof/sunroof (maybe) * Larger cab/2nd...
  10. B

April HD incentives......

Looking for this too. Seems like they are only concentrating the deals on 1500's right now
  11. B

Limited/Longhorn vs. Laramie headlights

Hey guys, haven’t seen this posted yet, but what are everybody’s thoughts on the two upper trim headlight options? So far, I haven’t seen a headlight comparison thread. I know the limited/longhorn headlights have added functions. But which headlights are brighter, or better at night? I like...
  12. B

rear seat protectors for dogs

I've used CanvasBack Liners in my trucks/vehicles in the past - and they are outstanding! These covers are waterproof and clean very easily. They are stitched and form fit to the backs of seats/floorboards. They are held onto the carpet with high-strength Velcro. I can't speak more highly of...
  13. B

Has anybody installed a Door Keypad??

I appreciate your feedback here, and I understand your acceptance of risk is way different than mine. I'm trying to stop grab-and-go theft. Chances that I'll encounter a strategic attack or a dude with an IR camera is slim-to-none. So, my question still stands regarding finding a keypad...
  14. B

- Nobody can see your code if you punch it in quick and if you shield it with your body; and nobody is going to pay attention 99.99% of the time. - I've had several keypads on Ford/GMs for years and never had buttons wear down. The older gen Fords had soft keypad buttons that could get dirty -...
  15. B

Guys, I had an F-250 for 3 years, and it of course had the door keypad installed - which I loved. This keypad was integrated into the truck and allowed for you to put a keycode in and unlock/lock the doors. Later, I traded the F-250 in for a Tahoe. Turns out GM offers keypads as well, and...