Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by 1FstGPa

1. 1FstGPa

Resetting TPMS Low Pressure Setting

2020 Ram 2500 Cummings 6.7 turbo Hey to everyone. Recently I had new tires installed (295/70r 18) at our local dealership. During that time I mentioned to the service manager, that if he could, I would appreciate taking the tire monitoring system and bumping down the low tire pressure alert so...
  2. 1FstGPa

To Bag or Not To Bag That Is The Question?

It's a Forest River - Rockwood Ultra Lite. I figure, with it loaded, around 12,500. Pin weight is unknown. I had Sumos on a class c moterhome. They did their job when the side wind kicked up. Otherwise, it turned it into one rough riding unit. I figured if my truck was bagged, I could alleviate...
  3. 1FstGPa

To Bag or Not To Bag That Is The Question?

2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman 14,000 miles Greetings to all. The wife & I recently drove to Arizona (from Colorado) to attend a family member's wedding. We decided to pull our fifth wheel on this trip & due to weather conditions opted to take I-40 through New Mexico. I-40 in New Mexico is a mess &...
  4. 1FstGPa

Ummm, Excuse Me! Your Bed Is Not On Straight.

This one cracks me up! About 10 years ago, my brother-in-law and I were talking about our Ram 1500s. Eventually, our conversation got around to body and bed. He mentioned, in an amusing way, that there was a chance that my bed wasn't even to the cab. That production placed the bed just slightly...
  5. 1FstGPa

Troubleshooting Acc Switch for Fog Lights

Yes. I went thru the settings prior to the install. However, thinking this thru, I went thru the settings, yesterday, save the settings, so we'll try that! Thanks!
  6. 1FstGPa

Troubleshooting Acc Switch for Fog Lights

I am no dummy when it comes to electrical, but this has me going, "Huh?" I recently installed a set of halogen fog lights on my 2020 2500 Tradesman. Nothing too difficult, except the way the bezels are attached to the bumper (What a joke that was). My wiring ended up in Acc Switch #3...
  7. 1FstGPa

Shallow garage help needed

As a retired custom home designer, I never understood the reasoning behind trac home garages or poorly thought out garage designs. Our last developer inspired crackerbox home, in Glendale (AZ), had a garage that was limited to a couple of mid-size sedans side by side. What a joke that was. In...
  8. 1FstGPa

Price gouging is alive and well

Almost a sure thing, having the price increases, will help Mr Biden's campaign promise to "End the oil industry." 2.10 years and counting. BTW - Some service stations are rationing fuel. Some by shutting down half their pumps. And so it begins.
  9. 1FstGPa

Stellantis “Dare Forward 2030” Presentation Highlighted The Path It Will Take To 2030!

Would be interesting to see how Stellantis will address the Ram 1500. Electric (on the market in 2024) or hydrogen (long range plan)? Either way, will it be affordable to the average consumer (most likely not).
  10. 1FstGPa

Fog Lights Wiring and the Aux Connectors Question

Thanks for that! I just wasn't sure if the auxiliary PDC was isolated or not due to the chip that is connected to it. + I never understood the reason for the second battery. I just thought it "might" be an outside chance for a second means for powering up some secondary circuitry or the need...
  11. 1FstGPa

Fog Lights Wiring and the Aux Connectors Question

I am in the process of of ordering some parts to fab a simple wiring harness for my added fog lights. The plan is to use 14ga wiring, both + and -, to the aux connectors. #3 connector - upper right while looking at it - on the light gray connector shows as a ground. Will I need to run the...
  12. 1FstGPa

Coolant Smell

In my case, same 'motor', same year, same burnt smell, same-same. So I have to ask, do you have this smell after running the heater or does it make any difference? plus Are you sure it's smells like antifreeze and not oil? In my case I noticed a smell after the stealership did an oil change, but...
  13. 1FstGPa

Stock tradesman wheels with 35’s

My apologies in advance for pirating this thread, but I'm curious about something. What is the stock wheel rim width? and Going to a bigger tire will require recalibration of the odometer/speedometer - at least in my book. Where, other than the stealership, is this done? Just sign-me, The...
  14. 1FstGPa

No Cummins filters to be had

Honest question on my part - In what country are all the short supplied filters made? It's going to be a long summer if my suspicions are correct!
  15. 1FstGPa

Question about the "new" CP3 fuel pump, or whatever it is called, currently in use...

I am not so sure I am ready to have any problems pulling a load over some mountain pass somewhere only to be stuck by a recall failure. On the other hand, I am not so sure I want the replacement due to something never going back together just right by someone else and their skill. Oh the drama!