Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troubleshooting Acc Switch for Fog Lights

1FstGPa

Reaction score
I am no dummy when it comes to electrical, but this has me going, "Huh?"

I recently installed a set of halogen fog lights on my 2020 2500 Tradesman. Nothing too difficult, except the way the bezels are attached to the bumper (What a joke that was). My wiring ended up in Acc Switch #3 (ignition). Now it's my understanding, that the Acc switches, 3 thru 6, are good to go once they are turned on to stay on, regardless the position of the main ignition switch itself. Such is not the case every time. On rare occasion, acc switch #3, will reset to the off position when I start the truck. I've caught this glitch several times, reset the switch to on, where as it will work as expected thru multiple cycles of starting and stopping the main ignition until it shows up again.

Any ideas before I jump the lead to another switch?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I am no dummy when it comes to electrical, but this has me going, "Huh?"

I recently installed a set of halogen fog lights on my 2020 2500 Tradesman. Nothing too difficult, except the way the bezels are attached to the bumper (What a joke that was). My wiring ended up in Acc Switch #3 (ignition). Now it's my understanding, that the Acc switches, 3 thru 6, are good to go once they are turned on to stay on, regardless the position of the main ignition switch itself. Such is not the case every time. On rare occasion, acc switch #3, will reset to the off position when I start the truck. I've caught this glitch several times, reset the switch to on, where as it will work as expected thru multiple cycles of starting and stopping the main ignition until it shows up again.

Any ideas before I jump the lead to another switch?
I have the same issue on my 19 my plow lights are on #6 and the odd time i will have to re press the AUX switch, i do not know why it happens but its a once every couple of weeks occurrence so minor details in my mind so i have dug further in to it

AUX switches are able to be set up in the commercial settings on the EVIC, any switch can be setup as either momentary or latching, battery or IGN, and key cycle memory or not

1FstGPa

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 19 my plow lights are on #6 and the odd time i will have to re press the AUX switch, i do not know why it happens but its a once every couple of weeks occurrence so minor details in my mind so i have dug further in to it

AUX switches are able to be set up in the commercial settings on the EVIC, any switch can be setup as either momentary or latching, battery or IGN, and key cycle memory or not
Yes. I went thru the settings prior to the install. However, thinking this thru, I went thru the settings, yesterday, save the settings, so we'll try that! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread