Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by 1996dram

1. 1

Leaking Shock

4 Bilsteins and your good for a decade... Oem shocks are cheap crap....
  2. 1

Leaking Shock

My right rear shock started leaking at 12k... checked with parts guy and he couldn't find any, or tell me when he could get one.... so I never made an appointment... Ordered Bilsteins from Geno's..... I'm to old to waste time with a dealer to get an obviously inferior part...
  3. 1

2021 Aisin beginning to FAIL at 55,000 miles! ** HOT 150HP TUNE **

As a strong proponent of free speech, I welcome your comments, even though my experience with auto transmissions has been quite different.... as well as almost everything I've read since I bought my 12 valve..... as with all things on the internet doing your own research is always best..... the...
  4. 1

2500 to 3500 questions

A year ago I test drove a Quad Cab 2500 SB cummins.... Couldn't find a 3500 to test drive... Ordered a Quad Cab 3500HO SB to get the Aisin and leaf springs... with no airbags.... No noticeable difference in the ride that I could tell... 3500 rides pretty nice until you get north of the Mason...
  5. 1

Could Shocks be worn already?

Bilsteins on my '96 lasted a over 10 years... That's the plan going forward.....
  6. 1

Could Shocks be worn already?

2021 Ram 3500HO rear right shock blown after 14,000 road miles.. oil puddle on garage floor... dealer parts guy says might be months before he can get a replacement....
  7. 1

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Glad to hear the fix & that dealer didn't take long for the replacement......
  8. 1

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Sorry to hear about your trouble..... Probably not what you want to hear, but I just towed Teton Pass Hwy 22 from Jackson to Victor... with a 30' 5th wheel and small boat, behind my 2021 3500HO... Don't really see a reason for anymore gears, as I could have easily accelerated if there weren't...
  9. 1

Synthetic oil, when to switch?

Thanks for the input....I'm considering it myself now that they make a full synthetic.... it's easier to find on my long haul trips..... Back in '96 options for full synthetic were amsoil &Redline... my issue has never been with anyone choice of oil, just making wild accusations with no real...
  10. 1

Well written... great buzz words.. "snake oil".." Dream Oil" Any proof that Amsoil can't handle soot? Amsoil has been around a long time with many happy customers... Your friend with 1.6 million miles on his 2nd Gen,,,, is well known to us old timers.... as is his engine history, rebuild then a...
  11. 1

So is it snake oil or not?..... when was the last time you heard of a Cummins internal failure still under warranty? .... It's easy to confuse what you believe to be true with what can be proven to be true.... "Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies"
  12. 1

Amsiol base stock a synthesized ester Group IV POA.. similar to the base stock of jet engine oil.... and that nasty stuff known as Skydrol.... Made for extreme temperature use and quite honestly overkill.....
  13. 1

Anyone can be an amsoil dealer for the very low cost of $49,95 a year...that hardly qualifies you as an expert!..... The cost of an API test is outrageous... And only means that it meets the minimum standards..... I've never understood the Amsoil Haters!... WHY do you care so much? Some 30 plus...
  14. 1

Allison Tranny - when?

I must admit I would have liked an Allison, but now that I've towed a 30 ft. 5th wheel with a small boat behind over the Rockies... I don't see the need for a 10 speed Tranny... Towing west on Rt 22 out from Jackson Wy. My 2021 3500 HD... stayed between 1600-2000RPM... Even though the Prius in...
  15. 1

New Florida Member

Welcome to the forum... pretty new myself.... Florida for now?.....