Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered my Banks Pedal Monster today. What to expect?

carl2591

Reaction score
mind divulging how much they gave in trade for the 18?? how many miles.. total cost on new one with trade, tax tags etc. inquiring minds are interested.. could you have done better selling outright? or bought the same..

are you selling the 18 or did you trade it?? I am confused by the post.. ;)

I’ve got it (PM) on my 18. I like it and it’s fun but honestly I have it off most of the time. I work from home mostly...ordered a 21 and traded the 18 so it doesn’t get run much. Anyone interested in a used one I’d sell it for a reasonable price...lol...I also have the iDash x2 and really enjoy them. I don’t have aftermarket tires or anything...I just use them to watch EGTs and what not. Those will be going into the 21 for sure. Good products and they update them every few months.

Justice12t

Reaction score
lol...traded the 18 in for the 21. I ended up installing the PM in the 21 also with the iDashes, I just have it on a low setting because the HO isn't really built for that. The rest I'll keep to myself :)

Cummins3

Reaction score
Didn t know there was a update.. I will try and get to it soon... Banks has been no help at all they said they were going to get back to me and never did

cmcx2011

Reaction score
I can't wait to try this on the 2021! I have never had one on any of my previous diesels (2011 6.7 Ford & 2016 6.6 Denali), but everyone was always swearing by them.

Cummins3

Reaction score
So I updated both the super gauge firmware and pedal monster firmware and still no reverse safety....

I did notice that when I turn on pedal monster on my Android phone it freezes on auto detect screen... The gauge on the app on the phone works as I cycle it city or track and it also detects pedal but nothing in the reverse safety..

Banks has been no help

jbncccb

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help, but have you tried deleting the app and then re-installing and then pair again? Could be a glitch in the app.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

NMX779

Reaction score
So I updated both the super gauge firmware and pedal monster firmware and still no reverse safety....

I did notice that when I turn on pedal monster on my Android phone it freezes on auto detect screen... The gauge on the app on the phone works as I cycle it city or track and it also detects pedal but nothing in the reverse safety..

Banks has been no help
I've had the same problem. Installed with the iDash and have lost all camera functionality in my truck, lost my Limited options for my display screen, and several apps. I'm going to try to update both and see what happens.

cmcx2011

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. Installed with the iDash and have lost all camera functionality in my truck, lost my Limited options for my display screen, and several apps. I'm going to try to update both and see what happens.
I hope this can be worked out for you.

NMX779

Reaction score
I hope this can be worked out for you.
It worked out fine. Apparently I didn't give the software enough time to load before I test drove it so I ended up with a partial software load or something. So install was pretty easy. No issues at all really. Hardest part was contorting myself to get under the dash so I could see clearly. I do like the responsiveness of the truck now. Much better.

cmcx2011

Reaction score
It worked out fine. Apparently I didn't give the software enough time to load before I test drove it so I ended up with a partial software load or something. So install was pretty easy. No issues at all really. Hardest part was contorting myself to get under the dash so I could see clearly. I do like the responsiveness of the truck now. Much better.
Awesome news! Can’t wait to try it someday.

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
Installed this today. Pretty slick. I had an error during the firmware update, but after multiple unplugs, replugs, and power cycles it finally took.

Will_T

Reaction score
This is for anyone who has read through this thread like I did and still needs to know if the traffic signal "safety" issue is helped with the Pedal Monster. I do not have an problem with the way my truck starts from a stop or accelerates when I press the pedal further when already moving. What I don't like and think is a safety issue is this: Several times when approaching a traffic signal the light has turned yellow at the last minute. I reflexively let off the throttle then immediately got back on it because it was too late to stop safely. There is no response for a few seconds so rather than accelerating to get through the light quicker, the truck just coasts for a few seconds as it approaches the intersection, slowing down, before there is any throttle response. Then it will get up and go.

I called Banks today and actually got a guy who seemed very knowledgeable about the Pedal Monster. I described the traffic signal issue and he told me in no uncertain terms I should not expect the Pedal Monster to help that. He said if you taking off from a stop, or are already on the throttle pedal and press it further, then you will notice a big difference in response. But if you let off the throttle and then get back on it, the Pedal Monster will not do anything to fix the lag time before the truck responds to your press of the pedal. The only way it would help would be if I had the Pedal Monster installed and could teach my brain to not first let up on the pedal.

If you are at 1/4 throttle and floor it, that is when the Pedal Monster will make a difference. If you release the pedal and then floor it, the Pedal Monster will not do anything to eliminate or shorten the lag or "dead" time before the truck responds to the floored pedal.

He told me that if you depress the pedal 1/8 of the way, the PM will tell the truck you have depressed it 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or more depending on the mode you are in. If you floor the pedal, the PM will not do anything differently since you have told the truck to go full throttle already.

Does what he told me correspond with what real life experience with the PM has been for all of you?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Great info. I am actually glad the seller ordered from canceled my order because it was shipping to CA. That lag is what I was trying to prevent.

Will_T

Reaction score
Great info. I am actually glad the seller ordered from canceled my order because it was shipping to CA. That lag is what I was trying to prevent.
And some users seem to say it helps with that others say it doesn't. But Banks told me definitively not to expect it to help with the dead time after letting up on the pedal, then depressing it again.

Last edited:

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
It definitely has that lag as described. It doesn’t get rid of any of it as far as I’ve experienced, but for normal driving it feels really good.

Will_T

Reaction score
Now to find a nice looking gauge mount.

How did u make out with a gauge mount.... I'm looking for too when I buy my idash... I don't like the suction cup from banks but looks like it's only option... I've seen one with the 3 gauges but don't want 3

what are guys using for a gauge mount other then the crappy suction cup from. Banks for their idash??

This question has been asked a few time in this thread and I searched for other answers. Not easily finding anything so I will ask again. For those of you that have one iDash, what mount are you using and do you like it? I don't think I like the Banks suction mount as it seems bigger and taller than necessary. I can find nicely reviewed pillar mounts for older trucks and simple, streamlined, 3 gauge mounts with good reviews. But nobody seems to give opinions on any of the single 52mm/2-1/16" single gauge mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread