Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Gable

Reaction score
Apparently we never made it out of Kentucky yesterday

Kentucky?!? LOL. I thought we were in Indiana days ago....

Honestly, I'm not that confident in the accuracy of the system the dealers access, nor am I confident in Ram Chat. Example: I contacted Ram Chat on September 4th and was told I was still in JB status. On September 9th my dealer told me my truck left on a train on August 31st. I mean, I'm sure the information is correct, I'm just not that confident that it is TIMELY.

Glassman484

Reaction score
Got delivery on Wednesday. Ordered on my 2500 Laramie Crew on August 3, dealer said 8-12 weeks. Only took 5! My salesman said it was probably started on the line already when the order went in, and they were able to configure my options to it. Guess I got lucky.

This is a great truck! Love the Cummins -I traded a ‘16 1500 Ecodiesel to get more torque/towing etc. and though I haven’t hooked up the trailer yet, I know it will perform as advertised! Also, the truck is so much quieter than the 1500! And ride empty is almost as comfortable (after I reduced the tire psi to the recommended 60 lbs., it came in at 90-92!).

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
My last one took 4 weeks. Hope the newest one shows up this upcoming week, will be two trucks under 8 weeks total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Does trim level effect build time
It shouldn’t. All trucks should be built within a 4-6 weeks, then normal ship time is 3-4 weeks to leave then depending on where it goes 1-3 weeks, therefore the 8-12 week delivery time UNLESS your a lucky person as a truck going through has exactly what yours was and they tale that one.

jared43758

Reaction score
The truck I wanted I couldn’t find in a 2000 mile radius. So I doubt they had one come across the line.
Bare bones.
3500 tradesman crewcab longbox. 4x4
Black. No chrome appearance, vinyl seats
HO/aisin, bed utility group

Reaction score
Kentucky?!? LOL. I thought we were in Indiana days ago....

Honestly, I'm not that confident in the accuracy of the system the dealers access, nor am I confident in Ram Chat. Example: I contacted Ram Chat on September 4th and was told I was still in JB status. On September 9th my dealer told me my truck left on a train on August 31st. I mean, I'm sure the information is correct, I'm just not that confident that it is TIMELY.
Dealer sent an email this afternoon. We are in Ohio but they are saying maybe 2 more weeks before they have it.

Gable

Reaction score
Dealer sent an email this afternoon. We are in Ohio but they are saying maybe 2 more weeks before they have it.

I received a similar message: "In transit from Lordstown". Now, I think that means what your dealer is saying. Essentially, it is in Lordstown and we'll get it when a truck brings it but we can't say for sure when that is. Probably in a week or two.

Reaction score
I received a similar message: "In transit from Lordstown". Now, I think that means what your dealer is saying. Essentially, it is in Lordstown and we'll get it when a truck brings it but we can't say for sure when that is. Probably in a week or two.
I'm like 2 hours from Lordstown lol.

Marshfly

Reaction score
Ordered 8/30
D1 9/4
Estimated Ship Date 9/8
JB 9/7

Still in JB as of 9/17. This is the worst part of the wait.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
Hopefully soon then.... If my 3rd one arrives first, then something is WAY wrong!!

here's an update on my 3500.

we're at 10 weeks as of tomorrow and RAM chat, as well as my dealer, says i'm at stage D. i found this out last week and got in touch with my dealer and they, in turn, got in touch with their RAM reps and said that they're on it and are pushing to expedite it ASAP. just before i made this post i got word from RAM chat at being at stage D. i don't think it matters much, but i let the Chat know i was highly disappointed :rolleyes:

all kidding asiade, this is a major inconvience for me. i'm a two car family with just one car and patience is wearing thin. i know i was told 8-12 weeks....but i don't think my situation is going to get any better in two weeks. or my confidence in that happening is at a all time low.

needless to say, i'm pissed.

HOFF, you're probably going to get your third truck before i get mine if you haven't already.

Marshfly

Reaction score
here's an update on my 3500.

we're at 10 weeks as of tomorrow and RAM chat, as well as my dealer, says i'm at stage D. i found this out last week and got in touch with my dealer and they, in turn, got in touch with their RAM reps and said that they're on it and are pushing to expedite it ASAP. just before i made this post i got word from RAM chat at being at stage D. i don't think it matters much, but i let the Chat know i was highly disappointed :rolleyes:

all kidding asiade, this is a major inconvience for me. i'm a two car family with just one car and patience is wearing thin. i know i was told 8-12 weeks....but i don't think my situation is going to get any better in two weeks. or my confidence in that happening is at a all time low.

needless to say, i'm pissed.

HOFF, you're probably going to get your third truck before i get mine if you haven't already.

Honestly, I would have canceled the order a long time ago and made other plans. 10 weeks without even being scheduled for build is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread