Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Camera

RamThis2500

Reaction score
Is it possible they did more than just add the XFQ sales code?
Not sure. I was there standing next to him while he was config. the truck. He said he contacted his rep and hopefully will have an answer Monday. I do have alfaOBD, the OBD Link MX+ came in today so I haven't used it yet, I'm especially hesitant to use it now after the dealer tapped into the truck and now it's having problems!

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure. I was there standing next to him while he was config. the truck. He said he contacted his rep and hopefully will have an answer Monday. I do have alfaOBD, the OBD Link MX+ came in today so I haven't used it yet, I'm especially hesitant to use it now after the dealer tapped into the truck and now it's having problems!

You could read the System ID and collect the current settings. without a bypass cable, you can't write any changes anyway.

RamThis2500

Reaction score
You could read the System ID and collect the current settings. without a bypass cable, you can't write any changes anyway.
Well I have the Bypass cable as well. I'll tap in and see what the setting are. Think I'll be able to to enter the right sales code if that's the problem? Like I said the option for the Trailer cams are there but the entire camera system is unavailable.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have the Bypass cable as well. I'll tap in and see what the setting are. Think I'll be able to to enter the right sales code if that's the problem? Like I said the option for the Trailer cams are there but the entire camera system is unavailable.

See if the CVPM settings are all enabled.

RamThis2500

Reaction score
Found it. It says "enabled"Screenshot_20210313-215203_AlfaOBD.jpg

I guess the question I should have asked is it Normal to lose all your cameras after installing the prep kit until the dealer has a chance to add the sales code. Because after the install I started the truck and headed up to the dealer for the code. I did notice that the camera were not working on my way there.

I don't know, I just want my Cameras back!!

Last edited:

RamThis2500

Reaction score
Update: They added too many sales codes. Once they cleared all codes and added only the Trailer camera then cameras came back up and everything is ok. Picture quality of the trailer cam is crap but that was to be expected from what I was reading.

Thank you everyone for the help!

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Update: They added to many sales codes. Once they cleared all codes and added only the Trailer camera then cameras came back up and everything is ok. Picture quality of the trailer cam is crap but that was to be expected from what I was reading.

Thank you everyone for the help!
Any pics of the camera quality on the screen

RamThis2500

Reaction score
Don't really know if these pics are worth it but. Here they are of the Mopar Trailer Camera. 20210324_145332.jpg20210324_145411.jpg

Last edited:

bfs673

Reaction score
Ram Trailer Camera from 40 feet away - - - - Mars rover picture 158 million miles away.
OK, not really liking the Ram image quality represented here either, but if our Rams cost $2.5B dollars, it "might" get a better camera ;)

My ring cameras from over 100 feet away from the router have much better quality as well, at a fraction of the cost.
Need to design a wireless module that integrates into the factory setup to use either the Furion camera system, which isn't great either, but good enough, or some other wireless camera.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I thought it was mentioned that it's technically the same camera as the tailgate cam (which would make bean counter sense). The potato picture is more about the cable length and type used.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I thought it was mentioned that it's technically the same camera as the tailgate cam (which would make bean counter sense). The potato picture is more about the cable length and type used.
It’s not. The backup camera is digital, trailer camera is analog.

steve49

Reaction score
Jimmy07, can the tailgate camera be installed in the housing the trailer camera comes in?

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Any progress on getting the 12-pin plug from MOPAR? Sounds like the right way to do this is put an XFQ prep kit on (if don't already have) and then wire your own camera in if you can find a 12-pin, then do the Alpha dance.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Jimmy07, can the tailgate camera be installed in the housing the trailer camera comes in?
If you’re wondering if it can just be made to fit in the housing- probably. If you’re wondering if it can be installed in the housing to use it in place of the analog trailer camera- no. There is only one digital camera input on the radio, and it only works for the backup camera/surround view system.

Users who are viewing this thread