Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Camera

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing a straight answer from this 4 pages... Yes or no:

Can I use 82215770AB on my 2020? or do I need the dual camera kit 82216068AB (~150+ more, and still only comes with 1 camera)

the truck already has the XFQ package so this should be plug in play, will it still need dealer programming? Taking the trailer to the metro dealer and their tiny parking lot sounds awful and its only a 20' trailer.

I have no intention of adding a 2nd trailer camera, 1 should be enough and paying the extra price tag for a spare available connector doesn't seem worthwhile to me when the 82215770AB part will suit me fine. I tried asking the dealer but they didn't seem to know anything. I'm surprised the salesman didn't try to upsell me on this considering how pricy it is.
The 2020 trucks are setup for 2 cameras. AFAIK, the 2019 can only do one. If you have 2020 either will work.

Factory or dealer installed XFQ ifs already programmed.

Sent from my work avoidance device

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I'm not seeing a straight answer from this 4 pages... Yes or no:

Can I use 82215770AB on my 2020? or do I need the dual camera kit 82216068AB (~150+ more, and still only comes with 1 camera)

the truck already has the XFQ package so this should be plug in play, will it still need dealer programming? Taking the trailer to the metro dealer and their tiny parking lot sounds awful and its only a 20' trailer.

I have no intention of adding a 2nd trailer camera, 1 should be enough and paying the extra price tag for a spare available connector doesn't seem worthwhile to me when the 82215770AB part will suit me fine. I tried asking the dealer but they didn't seem to know anything. I'm surprised the salesman didn't try to upsell me on this considering how pricy it is.
I would also like to know if a dealer visit is required. I have the 12pin and the aux camera button on my rear camera view.

I was also hoping the camera clarity was decent when only using one length of the cables. I plan on using only one length of the cable as I wanted to mount the camera up high on my topper.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I would also like to know if a dealer visit is required. I have the 12pin and the aux camera button on my rear camera view.

I was also hoping the camera clarity was decent when only using one length of the cables. I plan on using only one length of the cable as I wanted to mount the camera up high on my topper.
You dont need the dealer trip, i want to know the quality aswell with one length i will use it for a true cargo cam instead of the cheap wireless one i have

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Apparently, the factory cameras are hot garbage for quality.

However, I just want to know whether I'm going to back into a wall or not. I'm not interested in seeing the high detail of the sun rays as they glisten off the grass blades like I'm reading a Tolkien book.

I prefer to do it all with factory modules and gear. No NAVIKS, no Furrion second screen...etc. One of these days I'll get around to doing the XFQ kit and the cam kit even if it's expensive. Again, doesn't need to be 4K HDR, just need to know if I'm going to hit something that I'm able to see on my factory screen using familiar controls.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Apparently, the factory cameras are hot garbage for quality.

However, I just want to know whether I'm going to back into a wall or not. I'm not interested in seeing the high detail of the sun rays as they glisten off the grass blades like I'm reading a Tolkien book.

I prefer to do it all with factory modules and gear. No NAVIKS, no Furrion second screen...etc. One of these days I'll get around to doing the XFQ kit and the cam kit even if it's expensive. Again, doesn't need to be 4K HDR, just need to know if I'm going to hit something that I'm able to see on my factory screen using familiar controls.
I heard it was garbage, but I read it (somewhere? Maybe?) described as bad picture quality because you’re using 40’ of 4x 10’ connectors so I was hoping a direct plug without the extra lengths of connectors would be much better. I guess I don’t want to spend $500 to find out though

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard it was garbage, but I read it (somewhere? Maybe?) described as bad picture quality because you’re using 40’ of 4x 10’ connectors so I was hoping a direct plug without the extra lengths of connectors would be much better. I guess I don’t want to spend $500 to find out though
Nichols welding can build you a single cable any length. He has them up on the storefront. One of the members here had it done.

Not sure it's the connectors, but the shielding of the cable that could be an issue. The camera is reported to be the same sensor that's used in the tailgate.

Jimmy07 can probably also build you one, or do like Phil and roll your own with your preferred cable.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Nichols welding can build you a single cable any length. He has them up on the storefront. One of the members here had it done.

Not sure it's the connectors, but the shielding of the cable that could be an issue. The camera is reported to be the same sensor that's used in the tailgate.

Jimmy07 can probably also build you one, or do like Phil and roll your own with your preferred cable.
Hmm I’ll have to contact Nichols welding, this is the first I’m hearing of this. My tailgate backup camera has amazing quality

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I see the MOPAR backup camera kit has changed part numbers. The new# is 82215973AC which replaces AB. I don't suppose they maybe upgraded that sh..ty camera. Anyone know what changed in the kit?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I see the MOPAR backup camera kit has changed part numbers. The new# is 82215973AC which replaces AB. I don't suppose they maybe upgraded that sh..ty camera. Anyone know what changed in the kit?

AFAIK, wiring setup for 2nd camera for the 20+ but no second camera included.

bfs673

Reaction score
Does anyone know the length of the 82215973AC connection between camera and bed connection?

Have a 38' Fifthwheel, would need to be a long cable to run the length, then up the back of the trailer.

RamThis2500

Reaction score
. Just finished installing the trailer camera vehicle harness. Took it up to the dealer and they said they added the code but now non of the cameras work!!!! All I get is the Camera system is unavailable. I do now have the Icon for both aux cameras.

Uconnect Aux camera.jpg

Camera is present
This is when the backup or any other camera is selected. And surround Camera doesn't do anything when pushed.

Back up camera selected.jpg

Checked my work 5 time now and EVERY plug, wire to plug and connector is right. Can someone please help.!!!!!!

lovegolf44

Reaction score
. Just finished installing the trailer camera vehicle harness. Took it up to the dealer and they said they added the code but now non of the cameras work!!!! All I get is the Camera system is unavailable. I do now have the Icon for both aux cameras. View attachment 13222 Camera is present View attachment 13223 This is when the backup or any other camera is selected. And surround Camera doesn't do anything when pushed.

Checked my work 5 time now and EVERY plug, wire to plug and connector is right. Can someone please help.!!!!!!
What camera are you using, the Mopar?

Users who are viewing this thread