Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I really apologize for high jacking this thread. I guess I just don't understand. I believe my post was relevant and in spirit of the thread " what did you do to your ram today". All of us have different experiences in life and honestly going to Costco and the beach is what I did to my truck today. Since i obviously don't get it after being in buisness for decades , if @Admin has a problem with my posts as compared to others please feel free to contact me at anytime and try to get through my thick skull and show me how I'm any different than anyone else. I just want to be part of the group and be able to voice my experiences and opinions like everyone else. Im not trying to be a rebel w/o a cause here. Just want to have fun and learn and share an experience by the rules in wich we all share. Hopefully this can end and we can get back to it. Thank you all for your time.

That doesn’t sound like you did anything out of pace with this thread ..... not sure what the issue is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UglyViking

Reaction score
Nice set up. Wow that’s a great paring.

I tow heavy so I wanted to keep my factory rake. I went 0.5” front with the 2.5 kings on all corners. I went with the level 2 seemed to be the best option to me. With 5% off it came to 2550.00 but I am really hopeful the new set up ads a plush ride.

Yeah I went back and forth for a while, poor Chris had to deal with my flood of emails and calls, and ended up going with the slightly higher travel and softer setup. I don't currently tow often so if that changes I may update but generally I ride around "empty" so I wanted to lean slightly for comfort. Can't wait to see how they are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Seriously? This mocking attitude again?

You have your own thread to crap in.

Please Excuse me for saying something, but I guess I will be the next one on your bad list for getting off topic as well, but now that you opened the door and changing the topic yourself, I thought I would put my 2 cent worth in.

? ? ? WOW, Dirty word form from a Staff Member ? ? ? Are you mad at him using seeing you used this word ? I am not upset with him. I personally didn't see anything wrong here.... I thought he was just breaking the ice with a little joking around or going slightly off topic but still replying to what he did with his truck. We all have been known to do this here, haven't you?

I too had a problem understanding this guy in the beginning as he dances to a different tune than some of us here, but I have grown to understand him and he means no harm. Give the guy a little slack Please. I too don't want to have to look over my shoulder and start to dislike the place whee we all are here to Learn and Help each other and have a good time.

I personally like his comments and I am sure some other members do as well .....

BTY, where on this site may I find a set of the complete set forum rules?

Everyone Please excuse me, I just got wound up over this situation. Now that I have said my mind, Lets all of us calm down and get back on topic (or as close to it as we can) Please.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Crap is dirty word? Well s h i t... who knew?
And I agree with @brutal ... @Rich is being intentionally obtuse and not really adding anything to this thread.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I gotta tell you guys, I've been a part of a few other truck/jeep forums and I'm pretty surprised how strict this forum is, this thread specifically. There have now been numerous posts discussing the different types of posts that are allowed here, why not spin up a new thread to talk about the legitimacy of having posts that are not related to the truck but usage of the truck? Doesn't that sound a bit nuts. Forums live and die by participation, if we can't allow a little off topic here it becomes no fun.

If I post about my new suspension upgrades and someone asks a follow up is that now off topic? I get not wanting this thread to devolve into insanity but I feel we are a far cry from that yet.

Squatch

Reaction score
Yeah, and the deletion of posts kills me! one person may think a post isn’t useful, the next might think it is, or at least may get a chuckle out of it, and I enjoy a good laugh just as much as I enjoy useful information.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
Put my fifth wheel hitch (the Mopar 20k version) back in my bed. I've got to go by my trailer in storage to see whether the default height of the hitch is high enough for the trailer to clear the bed walls... I'm worried because a) the bed walls are taller than my old F250, and b) the bed itself is higher than my F250. Both combined will probably cause issues; hopefully surmountable... It's a 2018 GD Reflection, so they should have known that trucks are taller than they were just a few years ago. Fortunately, at least for the time being, I only haul it from the campsite storage to a campsite less than a mile away, so I'm not really concerned about leveling the trailer too much right now. But traveling is in the future (next year-ish), so I'll have to tackle the bed height at some point, I'm guessing. But first, bedwall height to make sure I have enough clearance between the bed rails and the trailer. And hopefully I won't have Rich's problems of having the back of the pin box hitting the rails. Oh, and my first fill-up with DEF, using the nice Ford DEF nozzle that I got on Amazon. And finally got around to cross-checking the TIMS readings on the tires. (TIMS was right, my gauge was wrong; so another trip to Amazon, I guess...).

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Put my fifth wheel hitch (the Mopar 20k version) back in my bed. I've got to go by my trailer in storage to see whether the default height of the hitch is high enough for the trailer to clear the bed walls... I'm worried because a) the bed walls are taller than my old F250, and b) the bed itself is higher than my F250. Both combined will probably cause issues; hopefully surmountable... It's a 2018 GD Reflection, so they should have known that trucks are taller than they were just a few years ago. Fortunately, at least for the time being, I only haul it from the campsite storage to a campsite less than a mile away, so I'm not really concerned about leveling the trailer too much right now. But traveling is in the future (next year-ish), so I'll have to tackle the bed height at some point, I'm guessing. But first, bedwall height to make sure I have enough clearance between the bed rails and the trailer. And hopefully I won't have Rich's problems of having the back of the pin box hitting the rails. Oh, and my first fill-up with DEF, using the nice Ford DEF nozzle that I got on Amazon. And finally got around to cross-checking the TIMS readings on the tires. (TIMS was right, my gauge was wrong; so another trip to Amazon, I guess...).

You should be close to level with a 2018 GD as the suspension is attached to an added 2" square tube below the frame for taller trucks. I have 6.5" clearance on mine. GD uses an angled pinbox frame so you won't have any clearance issues. The 5th in my sig is a 2018 303RLS.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
Oh, and after I put in the hitch I checked whether I could see it with my Extang Encore tonneau cover. Alas, not. It's a 3 section cover and the sections are too wide (and too tall when folded) to see the hitch. Dang! At least the camera has a builtin center-line on the display, which will hopefully help lining everything up. But I won't be able to see from the cab whether the hitch has engaged properly. That's a bummer. I otherwise like the Encore because I can open it from the front as well, which is where I have my tools.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
You should be close to level with a 2018 GD as the suspension is attached to an added 2" square tube below the frame for taller trucks. I have 6.5" clearance on mine. GD uses an angled pinbox frame so you won't have any clearance issues. The 5th in my sig is a 2018 303RLS.
Thanks! I'll let you guys know tomorrow how it worked. Maybe with a couple of pics, if I remember to take a pic!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
1500 Ram is gone

We got a psychopath instead
3a290da652ee3b96674362cd01077e55.jpg

NordicNevs

Reaction score
holy shiitake, that thing is bad a$$, me likey

Thanks Rich
We are excited. 18.1 on the way home from the computer. For a 19 rating I’ll take it.
Certified with 2500 miles. Previous owner on the Carfax was Dodge in Detroit

geektoad

Reaction score
Thanks Rich
We are excited. 18.1 on the way home from the computer. For a 19 rating I’ll take it.
Certified with 2500 miles. Previous owner on the Carfax was Dodge in Detroit

Right on! those and the Grand Cherokee versions a really fun to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread