Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

jdret

Reaction score
Installed whole tub liners along with rear mud flaps.

Attachments

• 20200807_152954.jpg
    20200807_152954.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20200807_153021.jpg
    20200807_153021.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 143

ST3500

Reaction score
Could I see a few more pics of the Tonneau? Considering exact one for my truck. TIA

Here you go Lambo, as per your request.
IMG_2643.JPG
IMG_2644.JPG
IMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2646.JPG

It's a very nice fit, the aluminum construction is quite strong, and the "sealed ball-bearing rollers" mounted onto the aluminum support beams are "A+++ " !!
I opted for the manual version, they also make the same unit electrically motorized and controlled by a small remote control / key fob alike.
You can lock the cover anywhere you like throughout its travel, but only when fully extended the locking latches are positioned ahead of a pin that secures it at 100 %.
When fully extended and locked you can still open and close your tailgate, even with your remote control.
Driving down the freeway it doesn't move at all, driving down a rough road it doesn't vibrate nor rattle (you can't hear no noise even with the back split window open).
I power washed the truck and blasted the tonneau cover for quite some time, just to see how water resistant it is..... a very small amount of water penetrated from the tailgate and the front side (cab side), to be expected, but not a deal breaker.

Hopefully it will stay this way for a long time.
To my opinion: it is a "5 stars product" !!

Cheers,
ST

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
View attachment 6341
View attachment 6342
View attachment 6343
View attachment 6344

It's a very nice fit, the aluminum construction is quite strong, and the "sealed ball-bearing rollers" mounted onto the aluminum support beams are "A+++ " !!
I opted for the manual version, they also make the same unit electrically motorized and controlled by a small remote control / key fob alike.
You can lock the cover anywhere you like throughout its travel, but only when fully extended the locking latches are positioned ahead of a pin that secures it at 100 %.
When fully extended and locked you can still open and close your tailgate, even with your remote control.
Driving down the freeway it doesn't move at all, driving down a rough road it doesn't vibrate nor rattle (you can't hear no noise even with the back split window open).
I power washed the truck and blasted the tonneau cover for quite some time, just to see how water resistant it is..... a very small amount of water penetrated from the tailgate and the front side (cab side), to be expected, but not a deal breaker.

Cheers,
ST
Very nice looking and to boot when you put your fiver/ goose hitch in, you will be able to see it from inside the cab for heighth level

LamboTexas

Reaction score
View attachment 6341
View attachment 6342
View attachment 6343
View attachment 6344

Cheers,
ST
Thank you!

ST3500

Reaction score
Very nice looking and to boot when you put your fiver/ goose hitch in, you will be able to see it from inside the cab for heighth level
Indeed, you will !

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Though there were some rough sections of the forest road, none of it was difficult for the PW. My wife tried to grab some pics but pretty much none worked out so here's a part any old Subaru could have gone through. Bonus panorama from the end of our hike.

OA

nY6B1FT.jpg

pvrXaFq.jpg

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Though there were some rough sections of the forest road, none of it was difficult for the PW. My wife tried to grab some pics but pretty much none worked out so here's a part any old Subaru could have gone through. Bonus panorama from the end of our hike.

OA

nY6B1FT.jpg

pvrXaFq.jpg
that looks amazing, fca will probably steal that pic for advertisements

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
You should be close to level with a 2018 GD as the suspension is attached to an added 2" square tube below the frame for taller trucks. I have 6.5" clearance on mine. GD uses an angled pinbox frame so you won't have any clearance issues. The 5th in my sig is a 2018 303RLS.
Woo hoo! Took the truck to my rig today. The. default height of the hitch gives me about 5” of clearance between the rig and the bed rails. And the trailer looked reasonably level (difficult to tell as the storage spot isn’t exactly level in the first place). But I’m happy! BTW, my rig is a 320MKS, also GD.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Put the genset and hitch back in the truck today.

Had to pull them to load the ATV for a scouting trip last weekend.

Found my spare tire dangling so I fixed that. Thanks Discount tire.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Finished up de-chroming with new grill lettering. Sorry about the sunlight and shade.View attachment 6220View attachment 6221View attachment 6222

this is EPIC. I am going to paint all my Laramie grill chrome - initially black but now I’m gonna color match some accents I’m adding. Can you give details on your process here? If it’s in your build thread just let me know. Really like the color accent. Any thoughts to the LED back lighted letters out there?

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Had PPF installed from bottom of rockers all the way up to that accent line on the door so you can’t see the top edge. It covers the whole length of the truck. I went back and forth about mud flaps, or fender flares. I just notice that not matter what people put on there, you still see the mud streak going up the paint, so I figured covering the paint itself would be best. Cost $500 out the door, we’ll see how it holds up.
What kind of shop does this kind of work, generally?

HORam

Reaction score
Changed the fuel filters today. 15689 miles. Front one looks pretty clean but rear frame mounted seems quite dirty.
17a99036958c5d5ef0ff671f049cda2c.jpg
e5c7fc806694cd4973be861990ef92ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Changed the fuel filters today. 15689 miles. Front one looks pretty clean but rear frame mounted seems quite dirty.
17a99036958c5d5ef0ff671f049cda2c.jpg
e5c7fc806694cd4973be861990ef92ed.jpg

What % was your fuel filter gauge. Normally right around 15,000 miles it will be bottomed out.

HORam

Reaction score
What % was your fuel filter gauge. Normally right around 15,000 miles it will be bottomed out.
Yep 15k exactly it went to 0%.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yep 15k exactly it went to 0%.

Sounds right. Did you just reset it at 15k or let it ride out and did it throw a code or warning or anything.

HORam

Reaction score
Sounds right. Did you just reset it at 15k or let it ride out and did it throw a code or warning or anything.
No just let it ride and it warned everytime I started the truck. But no adverse effects.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
No just let it ride and it warned everytime I started the truck. But no adverse effects.

Hmph, good to know thanks

Users who are viewing this thread