Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

unclelala

Reaction score
She got some love today. Wheels polished and waxed. Exterior washed and polished. Did a 400 mile trip to rescue a border collie and 8 one month old puppies last week and I must have killed every bug in Texas. She’s looking good. View attachment 69763View attachment 69765
Not to take away from your beautiful truck but the color and color scheme on that 5th wheel is amazing !

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Now that we've had some nice weather, I haven't been traveling for work, and I haven't been sick - I finally started getting some of the goodies on the truck for camping season this year.

• I mounted my Badlands Jack to the truck using the 911 Motorsports Mounts - They're kinda cheap, but for the price not bad. Later on I'll probably upgrade to one of the nicer mounts. I LOVE having a real jack onboard now.
  • On my rear Diamondback panel I mounted a Fiskars Hatchet, Folding Saw, an E-Tool, and a Cheap Kukri I won't feel bad about beating up on.
  • On my Diamondback Headache Rack I mounted my Bunker Traction Boards. I simply used some flange nuts, washers, all thread, and big plastic wing nuts. They're sitting with their weight on the cover and the threaded connection is there only to keep them tight to the headache rack.
  • On my interior @NHOverland Panel I mounted a decent trauma kit I put together. Even mix between car accident, camping/hiking cut/scrape/burn, and hunting accident coverage. I haven't decided what else I want to mount up there, but I'm sure as we go adventuring this year I'll buy stuff after I'd wished I had it up there.
  • On the drivers panel I have a Gerber Truss, a bag with a nice rechargeable flashlight and misc charging cables, a cheap IFAK that I repurposed into a more general "bobo kit", and a cheap camping/fishing knife I won't cry about beating up.
  • On the passengers panel I mounted the same flashlight/cables bag and another cheap IFAK turned bobo kit. I haven't decided what else to mount on this side. I might pick up a decent skinning knife for those random weekends where I somehow end up involved in field dressing an animal in my shorts and flip flops.

I also discovered that ,at-least for fuel in my area, I need to change my rear fuel filter sooner than the 15K miles my dash has been telling me. Didn't have much of any water in there, but she was good an black while the front nano-net didn't look too bad at all. For the past 3500 miles or so its been acting funny around the DPF % PID as well as commanding more EGR than usual and taking FOREVER to do active regens - 2 tanks through the new filters and those gremlins are gone while MPG is up almost 1.3 HWY... I've only been running Mopar filters in this truck so far (some of others have gotten all sorts of filters) so this has to come down to fuel quality in the areas I frequent. I'm simply going to start replacing the rear filter every 7500 miles while leaving the front one at the 15k miles suggested by the dash to see if that prevents the issue for this next interval.

Also before anyone nails me for the upside down flag... I was too lazy to retake pictures after I fixed it.

IMG_0567.jpegIMG_0575.jpegIMG_0576.jpegIMG_0577.jpegIMG_0578.jpegIMG_0579.jpegIMG_0581.jpeg

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Got my King 2.5 shocks installed. Pretty happy with the ride, rear a little stiff with empty bed. I'm thinking I may change the rear stock shocks to Thuren's 1" taller after I get a rear bumper.

View attachment 69283
View attachment 69285

Alot of the rear stiffness on the 2500s comes from the bushing windup/bind in the control arms themselves. Once I file my taxes next month - I'm going to be adding this to my build: https://www.thurenfabrication.com/products/2014-2024-ram-2500-rear-4-link-upgrade-kit. For a little while there I was just going to go with metalcloak arms to free up the rear end, but the idea of better 4 link geometry won me over.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that we've had some nice weather, I haven't been traveling for work, and I haven't been sick - I finally started getting some of the goodies on the truck for camping season this year.

• I mounted my Badlands Jack to the truck using the 911 Motorsports Mounts - They're kinda cheap, but for the price not bad. Later on I'll probably upgrade to one of the nicer mounts. I LOVE having a real jack onboard now.
  • On my rear Diamondback panel I mounted a Fiskars Hatchet, Folding Saw, an E-Tool, and a Cheap Kukri I won't feel bad about beating up on.
  • On my Diamondback Headache Rack I mounted my Bunker Traction Boards. I simply used some flange nuts, washers, all thread, and big plastic wing nuts. They're sitting with their weight on the cover and the threaded connection is there only to keep them tight to the headache rack.
  • On my interior @NHOverland Panel I mounted a decent trauma kit I put together. Even mix between car accident, camping/hiking cut/scrape/burn, and hunting accident coverage. I haven't decided what else I want to mount up there, but I'm sure as we go adventuring this year I'll buy stuff after I'd wished I had it up there.
  • On the drivers panel I have a Gerber Truss, a bag with a nice rechargeable flashlight and misc charging cables, a cheap IFAK that I repurposed into a more general "bobo kit", and a cheap camping/fishing knife I won't cry about beating up.
  • On the passengers panel I mounted the same flashlight/cables bag and another cheap IFAK turned bobo kit. I haven't decided what else to mount on this side. I might pick up a decent skinning knife for those random weekends where I somehow end up involved in field dressing an animal in my shorts and flip flops.

I also discovered that ,at-least for fuel in my area, I need to change my rear fuel filter sooner than the 15K miles my dash has been telling me. Didn't have much of any water in there, but she was good an black while the front nano-net didn't look too bad at all. For the past 3500 miles or so its been acting funny around the DPF % PID as well as commanding more EGR than usual and taking FOREVER to do active regens - 2 tanks through the new filters and those gremlins are gone while MPG is up almost 1.3 HWY... I've only been running Mopar filters in this truck so far (some of others have gotten all sorts of filters) so this has to come down to fuel quality in the areas I frequent. I'm simply going to start replacing the rear filter every 7500 miles while leaving the front one at the 15k miles suggested by the dash to see if that prevents the issue for this next interval.

Also before anyone nails me for the upside down flag... I was too lazy to retake pictures after I fixed it.

View attachment 69774View attachment 69775View attachment 69776View attachment 69777View attachment 69778View attachment 69779View attachment 69780

Link to the bags? I have several milsurp IFAK but like the smaller bobo-bag idea too, maybe instead of the two hard case FA kits I have. One metal box, one plastic. I don't need any products, Lord knows we have enough crap including premade FA kits, after spending extra FSA for more than one year end, just maybe a few nice empty bags I can build myself.

Grey

Reaction score

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

tcedgar8

Reaction score
I resealed my valve cover gasket and valve cover spacer plate. Trucks only got 108k on it but I had some warranty repairs and the techs that preformed repairs were sloppy to say the least. The gasket was originally folded so it leaked worse than what it came in for in a new place. fixed the leak and haven't had an issue for about 25K. leak returned and I pulled it all apart cleaned and installed nothing really wrong with gaskets or injector harness valve cover gasket. used a sparing amount of RTV on there and hope it holds but no biggie if she doesn't.

deanfx

Reaction score
Didn't do it today, but I added a Baja Designs light bar and Baja Designs rear with CJC Off-road brackets rear lights. Wired them up to my CTS3 monitor cause at the time I couldn't find a truck with aux switches and a full console.

IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
IMG_2906.jpeg

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Link to the bags? I have several milsurp IFAK but like the smaller bobo-bag idea too, maybe instead of the two hard case FA kits I have. One metal box, one plastic. I don't need any products, Lord knows we have enough crap including premade FA kits, after spending extra FSA for more than one year end, just maybe a few nice empty bags I can build myself.

I don't have any links to the cheapo IFAK's I repurposed (I've had em for a while), but I have been using these for like flashlight/cables/misc bags - They work well enough. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZD37GKH/

AZCummins

Reaction score
The main thing I missed about my 1500 was the leather interior, so finally got around to the Katzkin conversion over the weekend. Turned out pretty well. Healthy coat of conditioner and going to park in the sun for a couple days to loosen a few spots up then work out the remaining wrinkles.
IMG_0669.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg

Metternacht

Reaction score
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread