Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody else reach out and turn the fan speed knob instead of the transmission knob when going out of reverse to drive or vice versa? I’m waiting for the day that I turn my fan off thinking I took it out of reverse and into forward, hit the gas and drive through my neighbors fence ;)

Not so much as I don't have that shift knob.

I'm still getting used to the damn high door pull as compared to my 04.5 HD. Drives me crazy.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Curious as to if other people's backup cam alarm goes off when they have a tow ball mount in their hitch. I have a B&W Tow and Stow and even with the balls stowed under the truck the (about) 3" wide 3/4" deep upright that is almost flush in against the bumper and vertically even with the flat part of the bumper sets off my backup alarm as soon as i go into reverse. I wish my cam field of view was about and inch or two higher. Any easy adjustment?

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Curious as to if other people's backup cam alarm goes off when they have a tow ball mount in their hitch. I have a B&W Tow and Stow and even with the balls stowed under the truck the (about) 3" wide 3/4" deep upright that is almost flush in against the bumper and vertically even with the flat part of the bumper sets off my backup alarm as soon as i go into reverse. I wish my cam field of view was about and inch or two higher. Any easy adjustment?

My Back Up alarm goes off if I try backing up with my tailgate down though. However, My trailer hitch hasn't set it off yet.

Attachments

• 20200516_173503m.jpg
    20200516_173503m.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200516_173547.jpg
    20200516_173547.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200516_173533m.png
    20200516_173533m.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 31

AKDoug

Reaction score
At this point, 25K miles, my largest annoyance is the lazy seatbelt return spring. I am constantly slamming the seatbelt in the door.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I have a sizable solid bar drop hitch and my park sensors never go off on it. It's larger than it looks in the pic though it is just a 2". It must have been cold that day.

If I put a regular 2" drop ball mount in there it DOES NOT set the backup alarm. But for some reason this B&W Tow and Stow even in the stowed position sets it off. The regular ball mount sticks out much farther than this thing but the top of the Tow & Stow is up a little higher and actually about 4" wide and 2" deep.

TowandStow2.jpegTowandStow1.jpeg

Last edited:

KTulip

Reaction score
Yup, I am unable to keep any trailer hitch without the backup sensors alarming. I have tried several. Wish there was a way to adjust the sensitivity.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have a 8 inch drop BW tow & stow hitch and when it ISN'T in the stow away position, it sets off my backup sensor. took me quite awhile to realize that this was happening and had thought it was a issue with my sensor. couldn't for the best of me accept the hitch was causing this.

KTulip

Reaction score
My B&W tow and stow regardless of position causes it. Really like my huge gen-y hitch but it ALWAYS made the sensors go nuts!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Fastway 10" drop hitch with zero issues on the backup alarm...

jakalafus

Reaction score
My weird one is when I am hitching up my goose neck trailer or 5er trailer my fronts go off at various times when nothing is around. My rears with my drop down hitch show sensor errors.

Dwilly

Reaction score
You guys with your hitches, towing stuff lol. Silly. I left my bed step down once and it immediately let me know about it!

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I'm a little confused, can't you turn them off. With my 2019 I can turn them off individually when I want.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused, can't you turn them off. With my 2019 I can turn them off individually when I want.

I'm sure they can.

That's not the point. Should be able to run around with a hitch installed without a trailer and not set off the park sensors.

diezeldave

Reaction score
I'm sure they can.

That's not the point. Should be able to run around with a hitch installed without a trailer and not set off the park sensors.

If we could just turn off the inboard sensors that would fix the issue. Still nice to know if something is back there with the outboard ones that wouldn't be picking up the hitch like the inboard ones do.

ahhhr

Reaction score
I have no problems with this bulky thing.
IMG_8119.jpg

That's weird about the BW hitch and must be frustrating.

There are no laws in my area for leaving a ball mount connected.

Users who are viewing this thread