Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

NHOverland

Reaction score

AZCummins

Reaction score
AFC026AA-87ED-4D2A-8EDB-FF36A79F4E10.jpegIMG_1609.jpeg

Finished up the suspension setup (for now). Thuren soft ride -.5 rear springs and thuren tuned fox shocks to compliment the Thuren +1” soft ride that I previously installed in the front.

Super impressed with the ride quality so far. Interested to see what kind of squat we will be dealing with when we get the travel trailer hooked up next week.

scrmblr2

Reaction score
Installed Airlift 5000 air spring setup…..probably wouldn’t recommend that product though, their customer service sucked and the kit they sent me had been previously opened, fitted to something, scratched black finish off in a few okaces,and I had to enlarge some holes on one of the brackets as the spacing was off.
Now I get to see what air pressure will potentially help my ride compared to leveling out during towing.

wrvond

Reaction score
Installed Airlift 5000 air spring setup…..probably wouldn’t recommend that product though, their customer service sucked and the kit they sent me had been previously opened, fitted to something, scratched black finish off in a few okaces,and I had to enlarge some holes on one of the brackets as the spacing was off.
Now I get to see what air pressure will potentially help my ride compared to leveling out during towing.

I received my set on Friday but won't be installing them until tomorrow (that's the plan, anyway). The box mine came in was unopened, but all the pieces/parts appeared to be tossed in there willy-nilly without much consideration of the finish. There's some kind of waxy stuff on a couple pieces but other than that it appears to be complete and in good enough shape to live under the truck.
I had a set on a 2012 F250 years ago and used a single air fill point. Back then they used some kind of frosted plastic tubing that was tough to install without leaks. I think this time I'm going to install with the sides separated in order to enhance the stability while turning under load.

scrmblr2

Reaction score
I received my set on Friday but won't be installing them until tomorrow (that's the plan, anyway). The box mine came in was unopened, but all the pieces/parts appeared to be tossed in there willy-nilly without much consideration of the finish. There's some kind of waxy stuff on a couple pieces but other than that it appears to be complete and in good enough shape to live under the truck.
I had a set on a 2012 F250 years ago and used a single air fill point. Back then they used some kind of frosted plastic tubing that was tough to install without leaks. I think this time I'm going to install with the sides separated in order to enhance the stability while turning under load.
I hope your quality control is better than mine. The “L”bracket that sits on top of the old bump stop was my issues.had to open up both holes on one side. Other side dropped right one. Also, had to use a pry bar to spread the upper bag mounts enough for the bolt holes to line up on both sides.

ETX Ram

Reaction score
Wow.... I almost went with AirLift, but went with Firestone 7500 red label instead. Fit like a glove. Running 65 psi loaded with 3540 lb on the gooseball and 45 gal aux tank behind the headache rack. 10 psi empty for now. Might up the laden psi to 75 as I'm still experimenting for now

CFE

Reaction score
I didn't do it but my drivers side window has a huge crack that appeared during my lunch run. I went into the store to grab a half roti chicken, came out and had a crack from the front bend down to the middle of the window. it looks like a rock/bb hit it in the middle of the crack - but not sure how a rock could have flung up and hit it. Strange.16986977534534882886342164544348.jpg16986978089723251153216337259992.jpg

Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I didn't do it but my drivers side window has a huge crack that appeared during my lunch run. I went into the store to grab a half roti chicken, came out and had a crack from the front bend down to the middle of the window. it looks like a rock/bb hit it in the middle of the crack - but not sure how a rock could have flung up and hit it. Strange.
Pew pew

oppizzippo

Reaction score
NICE! Definitely interested in this. Whats the cost and how are they working? thank you!
I got them from CJC offroad, 201$ per axel. After driving them over the weekend at more highway speeds I feel like I still have some vibration in the steering wheel, but I can't say 100% sure it's tire related. They made a big difference over all. Before I had a lot of vibration in the steering wheel and hop in the seat at 60MPH, it's now basically smooth at any speed with a slight oscillation in the steering wheel. My small local shop installed the tires and they don't do road force balance, so I'm taking them to get road forced balanced tomorrow morning. I'm also having my alignment checked tomorrow to make sure there isn't anything going on there (my steering wheel isn't centered at the very least, so glad to get that fixed). I removed all the wheel weights today to see if that made any difference and I think it's slightly worse, so I think it's best to balance the tires first. Honestly no wheel weights + Balance masters are 100x better than what I had originally. Makes me wonder if I have a tire or wheel that has an issue. Hopefully road force balance will show that?!? Fingers crossed!

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I didn't do it but my drivers side window has a huge crack that appeared during my lunch run. I went into the store to grab a half roti chicken, came out and had a crack from the front bend down to the middle of the window. it looks like a rock/bb hit it in the middle of the crack - but not sure how a rock could have flung up and hit it. Strange.View attachment 64699View attachment 64700
Rocks be flyyen yoo. Driving the gravel roads around my place people have taken out their own side windows and sunroofs. Many including myself always drive the gravel with the sunshade closed just in case the weather is calling for glass showers. It sucks but at least it didn’t shatter…yet. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread