Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

JBoo2911

Reaction score
I got my railcar info (thanks @brv10), and its scheduled to arrive in Addis, LA (which is just a few miles south of Port Allen) on 1/6. I assume from there it will move up to Port Allen.
Damn my truck might be with yours on that railcar to Port Allen. I see your truck shipped 12/29 as was mine on the Spreadsheet. :D Mine is being shipped to Acadiana Dodge in Lafayette, La.

Last edited:

Dwojno

Reaction score
Another day on a broken build and no updates.
I think I’m in the same situation as you. Ordered 9/27 no movement. Limited longhorn mega cab with the digital mirror package with tow camera. Dealer tells me I’m scheduled and they know nothing about the availability of the camera but tracker still shows confirmed.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
I think I’m in the same situation as you. Ordered 9/27 no movement. Limited longhorn mega cab with the digital mirror package with tow camera. Dealer tells me I’m scheduled and they know nothing about the availability of the camera but tracker still shows confirmed.

At least I am in good company, although I am a newby compared to you guys. Ordered and confirmed 10/20, zero movement, 3500 SRW Limited SO, long bed. Looking on the Ram site searching inventory, there are dealers around me that have Limited's in transit so they are being built.

pr3dict

Reaction score

At least I am in good company, although I am a newby compared to you guys. Ordered and confirmed 10/20, zero movement, 3500 SRW Limited SO, long bed. Looking on the Ram site searching inventory, there are dealers around me that have Limited's in transit so they are being built.

There are apparently like 650 or so of us that have the tow mode camera problem. I dont understand why they cant update them one by one but apparently they are trying to do it all at once and it's taking them like a few weeks to get that done. Ridiculous.

Steelhorse67

Reaction score
That digital mirror package and tow camera is still in my opinion the most unclear item when ordering. I am still not sure exactly what I am getting as the packages changed from the time I ordered it until the time the build and price finally came out. Spoke to Dealer last week. Mine was ordered 11-14-22, scheduled 12-14-22, and he says will be built on 01-16-23, and should have truck early to mid February. March at latest. Any thoughts?

Greg10yes

Reaction score
That digital mirror package and tow camera is still in my opinion the most unclear item when ordering. I am still not sure exactly what I am getting as the packages changed from the time I ordered it until the time the build and price finally came out. Spoke to Dealer last week. Mine was ordered 11-14-22, scheduled 12-14-22, and he says will be built on 01-16-23, and should have truck early to mid February. March at latest. Any thoughts?
I agree, when you build a limited, if you add the tow mode camera then add the limited level 1 package it removes the tow mode camera which includes the wired camera. At least yours is getting built, mine is who knows where. That is what drives me nuts about this, there is zero logic to their build sequence. We have camping trips starting in April, I "assumed" 7 months was enough time to get a truck, I am afraid with transit time, I am running out of time since not even scheduled yet. Not sure what we are going to do.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I agree, when you build a limited, if you add the tow mode camera then add the limited level 1 package it removes the tow mode camera which includes the wired camera. At least yours is getting built, mine is who knows where. That is what drives me nuts about this, there is zero logic to their build sequence. We have camping trips starting in April, I "assumed" 7 months was enough time to get a truck, I am afraid with transit time, I am running out of time since not even scheduled yet. Not sure what we are going to do.
same. April is my deadline.

Steelhorse67

Reaction score
No sense at all and what concerns me is how does the dealership have a build date and it does not appear on order tracker.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
That’s because it creates a conflict. Limited level 1 includes the digital rear view mirror. If you have tow mode digital rear view mirror package, and select level 1, it will remove the tow mode package.
Since level one come with the DRVM, you would just select the $635 Al la cart wired tow mode camera by itself to gain back the tow mode mirror “package”.

gprguy

Reaction score
Since level one come with the DRVM, you would just select the $635 Al la cart wired tow mode camera by itself to gain back the tow mode mirror “package”.
Which, from what I am reading, is a bad idea to select at the moment because the wired tow mode camera is a new design with a repeater for 2023, not yet fully available and holding up orders. Seems like the winning move is to order the truck minus XH7 and then get in line to order 68586112AA at the parts desk when it becomes available.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
That’s because it creates a conflict. Limited level 1 includes the digital rear view mirror. If you have tow mode digital rear view mirror package, and select level 1, it will remove the tow mode package.
yea, that would be fine if I could have, here was the order sheet when I placed my order, NO separate camera so I assumed it was in the Level 1 package.

1672783277282.png

pr3dict

Reaction score
You dont want XH7. Its waht my order has and it basically broke my order. They wont make it and cant seem to update it either. Someone else posted here that they are not offering it at all on any 2023s and will instead be a 2024 option. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phatboy64

Reaction score
Yes, that was me. My dealer rep has a memo stating that the XH7 will not be available for the 2023 model year.
You dont want XH7. Its waht my order has and it basically broke my order. They wont make it and cant seem to update it either. Someone else posted here that they are not offering it at all on any 2023s and will instead be a 2024 option. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread