Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Tater86

Reaction score
Take a look at the 2022 vs 23 order lists looking at serial numbers. As of the end of December last year Ram sold 140,000 HD trucks, this year as of the last VIN number on the list Ram has sold 55,000 HD trucks. This might start hitting their bottom line.
They started taking orders in June last year though. So we’d have to compare December 23 numbers to Oct 22, but I imagine sales are down because prices are up on everything.

Island Doc

Reaction score
I ordered a 2023 3500 Limited Nov 17. Order was confirmed on the 18th and a VIN was issued. Its been crickets since then with no progress.

FLARam

Reaction score
I ordered mine Sept 29th…order confirmed….still crickets.

bigwtx

Reaction score
I ordered mine Sept 29th…order confirmed….still crickets.
Same here but since 9/26. Mark Dodge confirmed everything is okay with my order, nothing in particular holding it up. I even asked to reprint a fresh Priced Order Confirmation and there were no restrictions. Frustrating seeing all the progress on other orders placed later, but I’m happy for those guys at the same time.

Craigr925

Reaction score
So got a call from the dealer. They said the 12” infotainment screen isn’t going to be offered on ANY of the trim levels for 23. I asked them to confirm that it isn’t even available on the limited.

I apologize if this has been covered already, I may have been mixing up the 12” digital gauges and 12” infotainment screen when reading previous posts. I knew there was issues with the new digital gauge cluster but I’m kind of shocked they supposedly aren’t going to offer the 12” infotainment screen. That’s been available for a few years I think.
My '23 3500 Laramie was just built on 12/22. Window sticker shows "12.0-inch touch screen display" as part of Level 1 group.

Last edited:

CortexM0

Reaction score
It's looking like the trailer camera options for the 2023 are really limited at this time. They weren't accepting orders with the 360 Trailer Surround View (XN1), and now it appears that any orders with the Tow Mode Camera (XH7) are getting that option removed. Hopefully these limitations are due to parts availability, and these options can be added later as camera systems become available.

Not wanting to go the aftermarket route for trailer cameras, I did some looking into the existing 2022 trailer camera systems. I did find documentation from Stellantis CVBU (Commercial Vehicle Business Unit) that, "The 2022 and 2023 XH7 trailer camera kits are NOT interchangeable. The 2022 kit will not work with a 2023 truck, and the 2023 kit will not work with a 2022 truck." However, I did not find any similar warning regarding the XN1 360 Trailer Surround View. Not knowing if it will work, but not finding anything saying it won't, I went ahead and bought a 2nd hand XN1 360 Trailer Surround View system. When I get my truck I'll try this out and report the results (unless someone else beats me to it).

gprguy

Reaction score
Not wanting to go the aftermarket route for trailer cameras, I did some looking into the existing 2022 trailer camera systems. I did find documentation from Stellantis CVBU (Commercial Vehicle Business Unit) that, "The 2022 and 2023 XH7 trailer camera kits are NOT interchangeable. The 2022 kit will not work with a 2023 truck, and the 2023 kit will not work with a 2022 truck." However, I did not find any similar warning regarding the XN1 360 Trailer Surround View. Not knowing if it will work, but not finding anything saying it won't, I went ahead and bought a 2nd hand XN1 360 Trailer Surround View system. When I get my truck I'll try this out and report the results (unless someone else beats me to it).
Ha, I just did the exact same thing. I figured if they do work they're going to get rare. The trailer surround kit I bought also came with a 2022 XH7 kit, which I expect won't work but I may try plugging in anyway for the heck of it.

pr3dict

Reaction score
It's looking like the trailer camera options for the 2023 are really limited at this time. They weren't accepting orders with the 360 Trailer Surround View (XN1), and now it appears that any orders with the Tow Mode Camera (XH7) are getting that option removed. Hopefully these limitations are due to parts availability, and these options can be added later as camera systems become available.

the 360 surround and the tow mode camera are very different.

Tow mode is definitely a lower quality camera but it can show up on the digital rear mirror, essentially making your mirror useable again when towing.
The 360 is a whole kit that you need to install. It has a receiver unit that needs to be placed in the trailer that all the other cameras connect to and then from there it goes to the truck. The video is shown on the uconnect center console screen. There are a few reviews of the 360 kit on youtube you can find.

THE BIG ISSUE with the 360 is that you cant see it while driving. So if you are using it as a rear view camera when towing down the road its not going to work.

The two cameras have been discussed in detail here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/360-trailer-surround-camera-install.9055/

pacnw1963

Reaction score

Ha, I just did the exact same thing. I figured if they do work they're going to get rare. The trailer surround kit I bought also came with a 2022 XH7 kit, which I expect won't work but I may try plugging in anyway for the heck of it.

the 360 surround and the tow mode camera are very different.

Tow mode is definitely a lower quality camera but it can show up on the digital rear mirror, essentially making your mirror useable again when towing.
The 360 is a whole kit that you need to install. It has a receiver unit that needs to be placed in the trailer that all the other cameras connect to and then from there it goes to the truck. The video is shown on the uconnect center console screen. There are a few reviews of the 360 kit on youtube you can find.

THE BIG ISSUE with the 360 is that you cant see it while driving. So if you are using it as a rear view camera when towing down the road its not going to work.

The two cameras have been discussed in detail here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/360-trailer-surround-camera-install.9055/

FWIW…When I ordered my ‘23 on December 13, the 360 and the rear view tow mode cameras were no longer available. I still have my wired tow mode camera from my totaled ‘22, and MD contacted the manufacturer and told me that the camera from the ‘22 would work with the uConnect. I was also told that the truck would come wired for the camera. Only time will tell. I loved the digital rear view mirror and camera that came on the ‘22, but the only digital rear view that was available when I ordered was the 3.0. I had to have/needed the I/P mounted auxiliary switches, and you can’t have that and the 3.0 because it included the rear steering control knob.

Hope that helps, or at least makes it as clear as muddy water.

CortexM0

Reaction score
FWIW…When I ordered my ‘23 on December 13, the 360 and the rear view tow mode cameras were no longer available. I still have my wired tow mode camera from my totaled ‘22, and MD contacted the manufacturer and told me that the camera from the ‘22 would work with the uConnect. I was also told that the truck would come wired for the camera. Only time will tell. I loved the digital rear view mirror and camera that came on the ‘22, but the only digital rear view that was available when I ordered was the 3.0. I had to have/needed the I/P mounted auxiliary switches, and you can’t have that and the 3.0 because it included the rear steering control knob.

Hope that helps, or at least makes it as clear as muddy water.
I wonder if they were confused on which camera system you have. From what I've read, there are two completely separate camera systems. One connects through the 12 pin trailer connecter and displays on the in dash display. The other goes through a separate connector on the bumper and only shows on the digital rear view mirror. If you were told that a camera from the '22 would work on the in dash display of the '23, my guess is they were referring to a camera system that plugs into the 12 pin connector, and not a camera intended for use with the rear view mirror.

This would actually be good news for those wanting to use the '22 360 trailer cam system, as this comes in over one of the two video inputs on the 12 pin trailer connector.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I wonder if they were confused on which camera system you have. From what I've read, there are two completely separate camera systems. One connects through the 12 pin trailer connecter and displays on the in dash display. The other goes through a separate connector on the bumper and only shows on the digital rear view mirror. If you were told that a camera from the '22 would work on the in dash display of the '23, my guess is they were referring to a camera system that plugs into the 12 pin connector, and not a camera intended for use with the rear view mirror.

This would actually be good news for those wanting to use the '22 360 trailer cam system, as this comes in over one of the two video inputs on the 12 pin trailer connector.
No idea. Renea with MD was the same sales woman I had with my ‘22 and she knew exactly what I had with order. I did not order the 360 on my ‘22, but the truck came wired with the 12 pin on the bumper and the bed, and the single connector for the wired trailer camera on the bumper only. Time will tell I suppose….

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Just checked my credit unions interest rates. They were hovering at 2.00% for 5 years back in August... They are at 4.59% now. It hurtssssssssssss
And unfortunately will continue to climb before our trucks arrive. I figure its just more time to save more of a hefty down payment to keep my payments down

pr3dict

Reaction score
i went and locked in a interest rate and loan approval a few weeks ago and is good for 3 months 3.75%
Haha wouldnt have mattered for me bcuz ram screwed up my order and I wone be seeing this truck in a long time if ever... It's crazy, I was reading about all the 22 horror stories about people waiting 6+ months for trucks and I'm like, that wont happen to me - I'll be fine.....

And now Im the 2023 example of ram screwing up.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Haha wouldnt have mattered for me bcuz ram screwed up my order and I wone be seeing this truck in a long time if ever... It's crazy, I was reading about all the 22 horror stories about people waiting 6+ months for trucks and I'm like, that wont happen to me - I'll be fine.....

And now Im the 2023 example of ram screwing up.
ya I'm kinda terrified of that. I have 2 truck that are both built and waiting to be shipped and I'm terrified that they wont get shipped for a long time or something stupid so I just pray I see both have been shipped and ill feel a lot better then. because I also read the 2022 horror stories of trucks built but then never shipped forever

Lst1504

Reaction score
Ju
ya I'm kinda terrified of that. I have 2 truck that are both built and waiting to be shipped and I'm terrified that they wont get shipped for a long time or something stupid so I just pray I see both have been shipped and ill feel a lot better then. because I also read the 2022 horror stories of trucks built but then never shipped forever
A ,for instance, I ordered my 22 7/25, built 8/17, just shipped 12/21, eta 1/24

Users who are viewing this thread