Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Johnnynapalm

Reaction score
I bought the extruded aluminum, angle brackets, and t-slot nuts through Mcmaster-Carr and cut to length:

View attachment 48725

Cleats came from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HLTX6X1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Purchased black sheet metal screws from the local hardware store. I think it would be cleaner if you drilled and mounted the angles from the backside (front of the bed) so it would almost "float"

I can take close-up photos if you need them.
Thank you!!!

762fmj

Reaction score
The plumbing looks awesome. Truck sounds rowdy. I like how it sounds. Too rowdy for me but definitely a good sound.
Thanks, the mufflers definitely have a pretty cool sound. Not just another hemi with Flowmasters. I like them, but wanted something a little different!

Scooter29

Reaction score
Installed a Thuren sway bar, definitely cut out the jolting rock side to side when going into my driveway and could tell a difference on a pothole today.

Attachments

• 42CD6E86-81AF-47E4-9CF3-3C29E1E9BAF2.jpeg
    42CD6E86-81AF-47E4-9CF3-3C29E1E9BAF2.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 115
  • FF09BD76-A8EB-40A7-BA55-DD5942553244.jpeg
    FF09BD76-A8EB-40A7-BA55-DD5942553244.jpeg
    533.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 25AA8941-1A35-4EB6-A844-F20785C677A5.jpeg
    25AA8941-1A35-4EB6-A844-F20785C677A5.jpeg
    979.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 428BA2F1-9531-4E93-B878-3B38EEB45AFC.jpeg
    428BA2F1-9531-4E93-B878-3B38EEB45AFC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110

whitexc

Reaction score
It’s not my daily so the truck sits for days at a time. Figured out that my remote start isn’t working. Went out and started the truck via button and it cranked pretty slow but fired up ok. Reading up and it makes sense that if the voltage is low that remote start is inop. There may be a TSB for a BSM reflash that affects some trucks as it did this once over the summer too but a dying battery is likely my culprit. Have an appointment Thursday to let the dealer check that out and take care of that unsafe tailgate, which happens to work fine IMO.

Side note, went into the fuse box and sure enough it seemed as though every one, including breakers and relays, were just set in their place. All went down substantially with a good push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Darkone

Reaction score
@Brutal_HO The harshness that you experience coming onto a incline driveway or hitting a pot hole is a lot smoother with the thuren or carli bar vs the factory one from my experience. Most of that comes from the torsion style bar that allows the suspension to work more independently from side to side vs the rigid factory bar. I am by no means an expert but I could tell a difference. Now they don’t recommend the torsion sway bare if you have a slide in truck camper or anything that sticks above the bed that will increase your COG.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Maybe I don't understand the Thuren setup, but isn't there more body roll?

Towing guy thinking here.
I’m assuming there will be slightly more body roll but I haven’t done any high speed turns yet. I did go through a round about with some speed and didn’t notice any negative impact. My understanding is the active rate design is lighter and ramps up as more force is applied. Whereas the stock is just a large diameter stiff bar that has little to no give. I chose to not install this earlier as I had a truck camper with high center of gravity, but now I’m just towing again.

clownpocket

Reaction score

Johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Here you go:

Let me know how yours turns out!
Excellent! Thank you! I see what you mean about making it look like it’s “floating” love it. I am totally doing this. Will be doing this after the holidays. Got a camping trip planned… I’ll post pics and let you know how it turns out! Thanks Clownpocket!

Matt58

Reaction score
With regards to the Carli or Thuren sway bar, I believe they say NOT to run it if you carry a heavy slide-in camper.

I don’t have one of those, and the Thuren sway bar is bay far the best suspension upgrade I’ve ever done to a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traciemikey

Reaction score
So far:
Retrax ProMX
Swing away toolbox
Extruded aluminum tie-down bar / Retrax protection
Door sill protectors
Weathertech floor mats
Future:
Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fog Lights
Baja Designs 20" OnX6+ Light Bar
Baja Designs S2 Reverse Kit
I really like your Extruded aluminum tie down bar did you build that or was it purchased?

NHOverland

Reaction score
I really like your Extruded aluminum tie down bar did you build that or was it purchased?
I bought the extruded aluminum, angle brackets, and t-slot nuts through Mcmaster-Carr and cut to length:

View attachment 48725

Cleats came from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HLTX6X1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Purchased black sheet metal screws from the local hardware store. I think it would be cleaner if you drilled and mounted the angles from the backside (front of the bed) so it would almost "float"

I can take close-up photos if you need them.

Users who are viewing this thread