Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

His Dudeness

Reaction score
So the tracker said VIN TBD until it went to scheduled for production? I would really love to know how they schedule these things. I also ordered a 3500 SRW HO Megacab w/ level 1 on 9/11 and I'm still not scheduled. Maybe the level 1 is causing a delay.
Correct, VIN was TBD until it went D1. Dealer gave me the VIN within about 5 days of ordering though.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
If we are waiting 9months for delivery that ultimate Denali is looking pretty good and would be possibly a shorter wait
Key word. "possibly", nobody is immune from this and I see thousands of GM trucks parked at the 2 plants near me, there is a RR 200 yards behind me that I rarely see automotive cars on, most of what I see moved are hotshot trucks.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Key word. "possibly", nobody is immune from this and I see thousands of GM trucks parked at the 2 plants near me, there is a RR 200 yards behind me that I rarely see automotive cars on, most of what I see moved are hotshot trucks.
I do know it’s easier to find a 2023 hd Denali right now than a 2022 ram limited, at least in my area

pr3dict

Reaction score
I do know it’s easier to find a 2023 hd Denali right now than a 2022 ram limited, at least in my area
Thats bcuz nobody wants a 2023 Silverado/Sierra when the 2024's are going to be the fancy new redesign.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Thats bcuz nobody wants a 2023 Silverado/Sierra when the 2024's are going to be the fancy new redesign.
True, but I see tons of them with happy tags driving all over the place. My neighbor just picked up an AT4

pr3dict

Reaction score
True, but I see tons of them with happy tags driving all over the place. My neighbor just picked up an AT4

They are really good looking trucks lol. Everytime I see the rear end of a GMC/Chevy 15/25/3500 I get all flustered... Ford's back end makes me want to not get a pickup truck andddddddddddddd the ram has me reminding myself that it's what's on the inside that counts.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Oh where to begin... Placed an order 9/23 for a Limited, 3500 Megacab, HO, SRW, and just found out it went D1 status on the 21st (see '23 build spreadsheet for all the details). Rewind the tape to 11/15 where I ask my dealer a few questions on my build sheet and find out that they didn't order the Level 1 equipment group with the 12" UConnect 5 touchscreen. They thought the 12" screen was standard on the '23's (which it was on the 22's) but not anymore. They completely dropped the ball/screwed the pooch/sh!t the bed. The dealership submitted a change to my order to add the level 1 equipment group. At that time I'm thinking to myself, "not to worry His Dudeness, we caught this just in time, all is right with the world."

Fast forward back to today and the dealership calls me up and says they haven't received any acknowledgment from the factory on the changes. The truck is scheduled for production and should be completed by 12/12. Their recommendation is to place an order for a second truck with all the correct options today while we wait to find out the fate of my current build. They've contacted the district rep who apparently contacted the Factory and have received no response. I was so pissed by the end of the call I was shaking....

My dealership just reset the clock on me by 2 months on something that could've totally been avoided from the beginning. Is there any way to find out whether or not the factory has updated my current build with the level 1 equipment group? The dealership acknowledged their mistake but is all shoulders on finding out some answers. Is it possible the factory made the correction and just doesn't have time to respond? I'm assuming worst case scenario at this point unfortunately.
Go to this link (with your info in there of course): https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostz/cots/order-status/VON/LASTNAME

There should be an image link towards the bottom containing a list of codes. If you see "A69" in there then your truck has the Level 1 package, otherwise it's not on the order.

cjh1669

Reaction score
They are really good looking trucks lol. Everytime I see the rear end of a GMC/Chevy 15/25/3500 I get all flustered... Ford's back end makes me want to not get a pickup truck andddddddddddddd the ram has me reminding myself that it's what's on the inside that counts.
Doesn’t help that both ford HDs have 10 speed transmissions. The interior is what I love on the current rams, but fore has already caught up and gm will with the 2024

pr3dict

Reaction score
Doesn’t help that both ford HDs have 10 speed transmissions. The interior is what I love on the current rams, but fore has already caught up and gm will with the 2024
But ford is so ugly on the outside. Especially their higher trim levels. The platinum trim's tailgate is atrocious

pr3dict

Reaction score
When the order is accepted at D status you should have a VIN
I was in D status and I never got a VIN on the ramtracker only through the dealer... Im still putting money on the fact that there is an issue with my order because the truck never got the rambox delete code put on the order & the 5th wheel prep package is there...

Basically computer is telling the factory to build something that it can't build so its just leaving it in limbo. Also adding to the fact that apparently if I was to add the rambox delete code to a new order it gives the credit whereas it wasn't doing that before.

cjh1669

Reaction score
The 2024 gmc HD is by far the best looking truck of them all, the 2023 fords are the ugliest. The updates hitting their interiors and superior transmissions is not something ram wants to face sales wise if their 2023 models are released around the sake time. Holding on to a 6 speed, that’s know man to be an issue for a long time, is a curious decision. Also easier to move vehicles made in country than from Mexico

pr3dict

Reaction score
The 2024 gmc HD is by far the best looking truck of them all, the 2023 fords are the ugliest. The updates hitting their interiors and superior transmissions is not something ram wants to face sales wise if their 2023 models are released around the sake time. Holding on to a 6 speed, that’s know man to be an issue for a long time, is a curious decision. Also easier to move vehicles made in country than from Mexico
Order banks open in March for them... Depending on how this plays out, I may be forced to order one. Super sad...

cjh1669

Reaction score
Order banks open in March for them... Depending on how this plays out, I may be forced to order one. Super sad...
Same here, depending on how this goes. The worst part is I’ve already ordered method 305 double blacks for the ram I ordered that won’t fit and a Thuren remote reservoir leveling kit I’d have to sell and find different options. Hopefully that’s not the case

His Dudeness

Reaction score

pr3dict

Reaction score
Same here, depending on how this goes. The worst part is I’ve already ordered method 305 double blacks for the ram I ordered that won’t fit and a Thuren remote reservoir leveling kit I’d have to sell and find different options. Hopefully that’s not the case
Lol Thankfully I'm only $300 in for a RAM gooseneck ball + Chain kit for the RAM puck system.

Ironsides77

Reaction score
The 10 speed sucks. Maybe I am old school in thinking a high torque engine with a 3k redline doesn’t need to shift so much.

Users who are viewing this thread