Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

tchur1

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight! When did you order yours? I put in an order for a 23 tradesman cc 8’ box third week of October. Been watching the dominoes tracker sit on “order confirmed” since I got the vin.
No worries! Order timeline is in my signature, ordered 12/9/2021 and picked it up 3/29/22.

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Wouldn't an 8 speed still cause you similar issues? Are you saying you'd be upset if dodge ended up with an allison 10 speed transmission?

I have a zf 8 speed in my bmw x5 and rarely shift above 3000 RPM’s when in “manual” mode. It doesn’t hunt, it hold gears and have read they tow really well for what they’re rated for.

Based on my 55k miles with it, I would not be let down if they moved to it.

To respond to your comment about the Allison 10 speed; I would not want a 10 speed for reasons listed in my posts above. Wouldn’t want one wouldn’t buy one couldn’t pay me to drive one.

tchur1

Reaction score
Don't have any history with the "zf" in trucks but they were in Cherokee and grand Cherokee jeeps for about 25 years and the only actual consistent failure was output sensor and neutral switches . Never an internal failure, so if the larger transmission is the same basic design they are practically bullet proof
They have been behind the 6.4 for a few years now I believe and seem to be really strong. My brother has a PW and the ZF is awesome. Too bad its not rated to handle the cummins.

jsalbre

Reaction score
They have been behind the 6.4 for a few years now I believe and seem to be really strong. My brother has a PW and the ZF is awesome. Too bad its not rated to handle the cummins.
The 6.4 has the ZF 8HP75, but the TRX has the 8HP95, rated for much higher torque. I’d bet they could get one to handle the Cummins torque just fine.

jsalbre

Reaction score
The 6.4 has the ZF 8HP75, but the TRX has the 8HP95, rated for much higher torque. I’d bet they could build one to handle the Cummins torque just fine.

knightro84

Reaction score
The 8HP95 is good for 740 ft-lbs in diesel applications (660 ft lbs for gas applications) per the ZF 8HP wiki page.

tchur1

Reaction score
The 6.4 has the ZF 8HP75, but the TRX has the 8HP95, rated for much higher torque. I’d bet they could build one to handle the Cummins torque just fine.

The 8HP95 is good for 740 ft-lbs in diesel applications (660 ft lbs for gas applications) per the ZF 8HP wiki page.
ya the hp 95 is rated to 740 ft lbs. i would love to see them build a 105 or something that could handle 1100-1200 ft lbs of the Cummins for the next gen. Whenever that’s released.

jenninr

Reaction score
ZF makes an 8 speed they call the Powerline that is rated for the Cummins and has been tested with it. There are several articles out there about it.

tchur1

Reaction score
ZF makes an 8 speed they call the Powerline that is rated for the Cummins and has been tested with it. There are several articles out there about it.
From what I have gathered the powerline is rated to 1400nm (~1030 ft lbs) which would work for the SO but not the HO Cummins.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.06.42 AM.png

His Dudeness

Reaction score
Update on El Dudareeno's order debacle....just talked to the dealer and the factory has updated my order to show A69 which is the limited level 1 equipment group. I kept the guy on the line while I punched in my VON and last name to the link and sure enough, A69 appeared in the list of build codes. I was pleasantly shocked and relieved. I was told by another dealer that they won't update/change the order once it goes D1. Sounds like that might not be entirely accurate. The dealer didn't receive any communication from the factory except for the updated pricing in the their system which reflected the A69 group addition.

Dealer still told me they're seeing 12/12 for a completion date and a 12/9 ship date. Looks like final assembly occurs on the train... Pretty bold strategy to get trucks out the door faster.

Huge sigh of relief....

jsalbre

Reaction score
Update on El Dudareeno's order debacle....just talked to the dealer and the factory has updated my order to show A69 which is the limited level 1 equipment group. I kept the guy on the line while I punched in my VON and last name to the link and sure enough, A69 appeared in the list of build codes. I was pleasantly shocked and relieved. I was told by another dealer that they won't update/change the order once it goes D1. Sounds like that might not be entirely accurate. The dealer didn't receive any communication from the factory except for the updated pricing in the their system which reflected the A69 group addition.

Dealer still told me they're seeing 12/12 for a completion date and a 12/9 ship date. Looks like final assembly occurs on the train... Pretty bold strategy to get trucks out the door faster.

Huge sigh of relief....
Awesome!

Funny on the dates. I’ve heard of just in time logistics, but never just in time manufacturing!

areuriding

Reaction score
Plenty of Hellcats and Redeyes with the stock ZF pushing more than 1100hp and 900tq at the wheel with no issues.

pizzatots

Reaction score

This seems odd. Maybe it's completing add-on items at the "port"?

Ironsides77

Reaction score
When they put you in a status do they tell you the projected date you’ll leave that status or the date the truck entered into it?

I hope that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread