Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Nothing to do with HO as mentioned.
I was able to have mine done because I refused to do any previous recalls (don't fix it if it ain't broken philosophy). VB6 is the one of the recalls that was outstanding that's why I was able to get in now with my 2019
My dealer apparently did the recalls every time i went in for service for emission things as all the recalls are listed as completed but never saw an ounce of paper work nor did i ask them to do the recalls as i also prefer to not have them done unless needed….

blbrown

Reaction score
I think I read some previous posts about stutter and or error code P0299 Turbo Underboost after Y78 completed. Well my 2020 2500 started to stutter at slow speeds while excelerating between 20 to 30, or so, about two weeks after Y78 completed and yesterday I got the check engine with P0299.
I read on a post from somewhere, that P0299 can come from aftermarket air cleaners, well I thought since I just changed my old air cleaner and went with the cheap Fram I might as well go ahead and change it out with a new Mopar from the dealer "Ouch" Believe it or not I think the stutter is gone and no codes yet.
Going camping soon with the 5th wheel, and will update after the trip.
Well the stutter at low speeds, and at higher speeds as well at least once is back. P0299 is also back, all this soon after Y78 completed. Have an appointment with dealer in a couple of weeks, keeping my fingers .

Wayne007

Reaction score
Well the stutter at low speeds, and at higher speeds as well at least once is back. P0299 is also back, all this soon after Y78 completed. Have an appointment with dealer in a couple of weeks, keeping my fingers .
Just a thought......my low boost pressure was caused by a bolt left out when they replaced the high pressure line during the Y78 recall . Apparently when they replace the line, the bracket has to be moved and a bolt put back into the original hole. The tech also didn't torque one of the intake bolts correctly and it vibrated out. Both of those were the cause of my problems. My truck has been running excellent ever since.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Got the pump recall done. Mine was sitting at dealer for another reason and a guy in front of me cancelled his appointment for the pump. I got lucky I guess. So, done deal. I didn't notice any change in sound.
Good luck to all waiting for theirs.
Getting my pump replaced under warranty on Monday, Oct 17th.

Did anyone notice any differences? Fuel mileage up or down?

exiledinaz

Reaction score

Lucky you did not buy yours at Larry Miller In Avondale, Az. They are months out and don't even return phone calls....LOL

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thank you for your patience. A solution will be available by the end of third quarter. We will keep you updated as new information becomes available.

Sarah
Ram Cares
OK RamCares, What is going on with our 2019's? I think we've been very patient at this point. At least let us know what the thought is with FCA and why the delay.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
One can hope, I can't just go out and buy a new one, now that I'm retired and on a fixed income.

KBob

Reaction score

My old pump was quiet, and the truck ran perfectly. My replacement was a one day, and done affair. I had logged my mileage driving 70 miles to the dealer, and logged it again on the way home. I got the same mileage with more of a head wind on the way home. This was in July. Since then mileage, and power towing 8K has been as good or better than it was before. Running empty with light winds on the highway at 75mph yesterday I was seeing 21mpg. I can't fault the way the truck runs now, and if I had to choose..... it runs better.

steve49

Reaction score
RVTRKN, back on August 31st I posted (page 45) a response from RamCares that stated the fix for the 2019's has been rolled back to the first of the year. This only applies to the 19's that had various early recalls done prior to the Y78 pump recall (also posted on page 45).

RVTRKN

Reaction score
OK, but its almost the first of the year, I think an update would be nice.

blbrown

Reaction score
Ok update on my 2020 Y78 recall. Soon after the recall was completed, maybe a couple of days, I noticed surging and it started doing regens about every 30 miles, I couldn't get an appointment again for almost 3 weeks. After about 2 weeks of this it was running even worse and then the regen failed, the gauge went to a red bar at 100% full. It said power reduced see dealer. Took to a dealer a couple of miles from my house and they found the Charge Air tube boot had about a 2 inch tear in it. They said that they believe the other dealer had installed crooked when doing Y78 and the clamp over the crooked pipe caused the tear. End of story, got a new DPF and charge tube, the charged me $788.00 for the charge tube installed. I went to the previous dealer who says they didn't remove the charge tube but would reimburse me since they were the last to touch. Truck seams to be running better than ever, took it on a drive yesterday, freeway and city driving was getting over 22mpg.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
OK, but its almost the first of the year, I think an update would be nice.
If you have any outstanding recalls, you can bring your truck in now. I've done the Y78 on my 2019 as I've had an outstanding VB6. Mine is an HO with Aisin but here's also a transmission recall W06 or W04 I believe that would also get you in now.

MikeXM

Reaction score

I log my fuel consumption and I can say that nothing has changed.... it remained a pig! :confused:
Other that that, everything looks and sound normal. No changes.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
OK RamCares, What is going on with our 2019's? I think we've been very patient at this point. At least let us know what the thought is with FCA and why the delay.

You need tag (mention) a user, or quote their post if you want them to notice a post without reading every post on a thread.

You do that by preceding the username with an @ sign.

@RamCares

PRS

Reaction score
Anyone have the P/n for the PCM flash for a recent HPFP change on an HO/Aisin?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
You need tag (mention) a user, or quote their post if you want them to notice a post without reading every post on a thread.

You do that by preceding the username with an @ sign.

@RamCares
Hey there,

We appreciate you explaining this as the best way to get in contact with us through a tag or a direct message! We recommend sending us a direct message if you're still in need of assistance!

Callie
Ram Cares

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Hey there,

We appreciate you explaining this as the best way to get in contact with us through a tag or a direct message! We recommend sending us a direct message if you're still in need of assistance!

Callie
Ram Cares

@RamCares Thanks for responding, but the question remains, whats the current status or the strategy with the 2019's? We've been patient as to the recall.

Users who are viewing this thread