Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Someone please throw me a lifeline, I'm drowning in posts! I read all 47 pages before I got AlfaOBD, but now I have it .... I can't find one of the posts I need. I've changed TPIS to TPMS but now want to change the alert threshold. Can someone reference me the post I need or post the info again please. Thank you!!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone please throw me a lifeline, I'm drowning in posts! I read all 47 pages before I got AlfaOBD, but now I have it .... I can't find one of the posts I need. I've changed TPIS to TPMS but now want to change the alert threshold. Can someone reference me the post I need or post the info again please. Thank you!!

Using search in AlfaOBD sometimes help.

"Tire"
"Pressure"
"TPM"
etc.

I wish there was a primer on all the options, something with a little more detail to what each affects.

Members can also contribute to the sticky with a single post for each typical change with all the correct settings.

Trog

Reaction score
Anyone in the Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Orlando area willing to do a few changes for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southernspeed

Reaction score
2021 3500 dually HO Tradesman.
Sooo .... having successfully changed TPIS to TPMS I needed to change the TP thresholds. Following the link that @DeepH20Driller posted I got right up to the 'enter 4 digit code' bit. I tried 0000 and 1111 but got this message
"Failed: Wrong request length or Invalid request format"
I disconnected and pulled the cable then switched off ignition and then started the engine just to make sure I didn't have a dash full of warning lights! To my surprise, the amber tire inflation warning lamp wasn't on any more where as it was after switching to TPMS (my fronts were below the factory threshold)
Did it work instantaneously despite the warning? Or is something else going on? Most folk seem to have to drive it several times to take effect so I'm suspicious!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
2021 3500 dually HO Tradesman.
Sooo .... having successfully changed TPIS to TPMS I needed to change the TP thresholds. Following the link that @DeepH20Driller posted I got right up to the 'enter 4 digit code' bit. I tried 0000 and 1111 but got this message
"Failed: Wrong request length or Invalid request format"
I disconnected and pulled the cable then switched off ignition and then started the engine just to make sure I didn't have a dash full of warning lights! To my surprise, the amber tire inflation warning lamp wasn't on any more where as it was after switching to TPMS (my fronts were below the factory threshold)
Did it work instantaneously despite the warning? Or is something else going on? Most folk seem to have to drive it several times to take effect so I'm suspicious!

You don't do any RF HUB operations with 19+ trucks.

If it was older, you would need to get the PIN from the dealer.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
You don't do any RF HUB operations with 19+ trucks.

If it was older, you would need to get the PIN from the dealer.
Just to verify for 2022 models, in all the procedures where it says to “Select Radio Frequency Hub”, the procedure is finished? Basically, after you “Exit Body Computer”?

Southernspeed

Reaction score
Just to verify for 2022 models, in all the procedures where it says to “Select Radio Frequency Hub”, the procedure is finished? Basically, after you “Exit Body Computer”?
That's what I found. As @Brutal_HO said, you don't do any hub ops on 19+ trucks. I mistakenly tried and just got errors. I did TPIS to TPMS and pressure thresholds, they worked instantly without even driving it.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
That's what I found. As @Brutal_HO said, you don't do any hub ops on 19+ trucks. I mistakenly tried and just got errors. I did TPIS to TPMS and pressure thresholds, they worked instantly without even driving it.
Thanks. Yeah, I tried changing my thresholds today and got all the way to the point of entering pin code and stopped. I’ve used the truck twice today and it’s still on original setting. I’m gonna wait until tomorrow and if it hasn’t taken, will go through procedure again.

Southernspeed

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I tried changing my thresholds today and got all the way to the point of entering pin code and stopped. I’ve used the truck twice today and it’s still on original setting. I’m gonna wait until tomorrow and if it hasn’t taken, will go through procedure again.
It's strange that they're all so different. I did mine in run position, engine not running, switched it off (didn't open door as suggested), started it and the tire under inflation lamp went out immediately. Others seem to need to do several drives for it to take.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Well, still no change today! I wonder if I need to not select MY22 and try MY 21?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I just got it to work. I selected MY21 but I don’t think that was it. I hadn’t gone all the way through procedure. After setting values, I selected start. But I then saw the current values come up, I selected Start again, and the values changed. I shut truck off, unplugged everything and then turned it back on. HURRAY! No more low tire alert. I feel so accomplished now, haha. Now, to change fog light drop out and forward facing camera!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Anybody near Atlanta want to help a brother out with AlphaOBD?

Looking at tow mirrors and they say I need to turn on LEB and LEC sales codes

stepbill

Reaction score
I am changing from one pc to another and installed alfaobd on the second laptop. Is it possible to export my changes from the first pc's alfaobd and import them to the second alfaobd?

Statcher1

Reaction score
Anyone in Southeast Ky have Alpha. And willing to help a guy out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottagreen80

Reaction score
Ok I programmed my power folding mirrors and now my truck is limited to 75 mph won’t go any faster what the heck did I do. Was fine before this……

rfullen280

Reaction score
Ok I programmed my power folding mirrors and now my truck is limited to 75 mph won’t go any faster what the heck did I do. Was fine before this……
I'm assuming you added power folding mirrors - what other modules/options did you connect to? and did you keep track of settings you changed on a notepad?

rfullen280

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread