Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My Local Dealer in Torrington Ct told me it was a big job and they wont be doing them for a few months. He eluded that he was short on diesel techs. At least he was honest. My truck is going in Tuesday to Papa's Dodge in New Britain Ct. Inspection first and told either kit is a day after inspection.

I am do a fuel filter change is that part of the pump only no glitter recall?
No its not part of it but why would you change them if your not due?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My Local Dealer in Torrington Ct told me it was a big job and they wont be doing them for a few months. He eluded that he was short on diesel techs. At least he was honest. My truck is going in Tuesday to Papa's Dodge in New Britain Ct. Inspection first and told either kit is a day after inspection.

Due or not due?

No its not part of it but why would you change them if your not due?

it's
you're

:p

KBob

Reaction score

I understood what you meant, and was wondering the same thing? I do mine once a year due to low miles, and it's time, but not changing them until I get my "glitter check" on Monday.

flan

Reaction score
I haven't been told otherwise and since some with the 2019's have had their dealerships receive the parts, I'm assuming all good but we'll see! It's obvious from reading all these posts on the two different threads here, the dealerships are all over the place with regard to whether they know parts are available, or whether they're following the inspection procedure or not prior to ordering a kit.

Some dealers are doing their best to not have to do the recalls it seems by just saying its not available still for the 2020s
It’s not only the dealer. I called Ram customer support and they also said the 19 kit isnt available. They even verified availability using my vin. My dealer scheduled me no problem then when parts tried to submit for the kit ram said nope.

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
It’s not only the dealer. I called Ram customer support and they also said the 19 kit isnt available. They even verified availability using my vin. My dealer scheduled me no problem then when parts tried to submit for the kit ram said nope.
That’s weird. I put my 19 VIN into the Mopar recall site and it said parts available. They really should say the same thing regardless of whether you’re using the website, calling the manufacturer, or talking to your dealer.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I was referencing the 2020s as well there are dealers trying to avoid the recall

flan

Reaction score
That’s weird. I put my 19 VIN into the Mopar recall site and it said parts available. They really should say the same thing regardless of whether you’re using the website, calling the manufacturer, or talking to your dealer.
It says available on mine also.

g00fy

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be waiting till next week to get my truck back and find out what work they did. Tested positive for COVID this morning so Im going nowhere for at least a week.

Thorvald

Reaction score
Mine goes in tomorrow for the recall… which I’m sure will just be the inspection but service advisor likely didn’t realize. Will see what happens.

Wayne007

Reaction score
Mine went in today and after the inspection they ordered a fuel kit (CSRLY783AA) and a module kit (CSRLY781AA). Both have core charges listed. Looks like the fuel kit includes injectors and filters. No mention of a pump on the work order unless that's part of the Y78 recall which is listed.

Last edited:

Razzman

Reaction score
Mine went in today and after the inspection they ordered a fuel kit (CSRLY783AA) and a module kit (CSRLY781AA). Both have core charges listed. Looks like the fuel kit includes injectors and filters. No mention of a pump on the work order unless that's part of the Y78 recall which is listed.
The pump is the Y78 recall

KBob

Reaction score
My visit was interesting today........ Service manager stated "We order a pump for every truck, but Do Not order anything else until the said truck is brought in for the pump replacement" Me: "So if it needs the full fuel system after you take it apart you don't order the parts until then, and I have to wait for them?" Manager: "Yes"
The manager mentioned another caveat. If your current pump goes out before your recall parts get to the shop, they have the CP4 pumps in stock and will replace it with one of those to get me back on the road until my recall parts arrive.
Thoughts?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My visit was interesting today........ Service manager stated "We order a pump for every truck, but Do Not order anything else until the said truck is brought in for the pump replacement" Me: "So if it needs the full fuel system after you take it apart you don't order the parts until then, and I have to wait for them?" Manager: "Yes"
The manager mentioned another caveat. If your current pump goes out before your recall parts get to the shop, they have the CP4 pumps in stock and will replace it with one of those to get me back on the road until my recall parts arrive.
Thoughts?
The manager clearly has no idea what he is saying… they would do the TSB instead of the recall as they dont allow any CP4 replacements anymore unless the service manage wants to pay the labour out of his pocket….

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So that means yours was failing if they ordered the injectors

Wayne007

Reaction score
So that means yours was failing if they ordered the injectors
That was my thought but they didn't say anything about it. The service writer was pretty much clueless. Definitely not straying to far from home till it's fixed!!!!

John Jensen

Reaction score
That Fuel kit is $1720.00 and the Module kit is $717.00

Wayne007

Reaction score
That Fuel kit is $1720.00 and the Module kit is $717.00
On my work order it says $1802 for the kit and $752 for the module. If you order on line they're even cheaper. Seems as if nobody is on the same page.

John Jensen

Reaction score
On my work order it says $1802 for the kit and $752 for the module. If you order on line they're even cheaper. Seems as if nobody is on the same page.
Yep, dealer is marking up for sure. I was quoting the Mopar parts listings.

Users who are viewing this thread