Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo camera unavailable

1935BH

Reaction score
Litteraly just bought my 2022 Laramie and found that mine doesn't work and found this thread.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
New ones must not be shipped with the update
Picked mine up on the 4th and got the blue screen.
I’ll wait for the OTA.

bigbendrecycle

Reaction score
Picked up my new 2022 Ram 3500 Laramie and the cargo camera hasn't worked since then. I drove 400 miles to pick it up and was in a hurry. Dealer said to take it to a dealership but I suppose I'll just wait for the OTA update. Ram Connect said software is up to date. So far I am in love with this truck. It tows like nothing I've driven before.

thkbaron

Reaction score
How long do I have to wait for this update? Or is there any way I can further it along? I did enable Wi-Fi updates. Should I disable that?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
How long do I have to wait for this update? Or is there any way I can further it along? I did enable Wi-Fi updates. Should I disable that?

Firewall

Reaction score
If you go to this thread and post #233 you can manually download the new update that will fix the camera. You download it to a USB drive then take the drive to your truck. The USB drive must be clean and formatted to FAT32. Do not unzip the file just transfer it to the drive.

thkbaron

Reaction score
If you go to this thread and post #233 you can manually download the new update that will fix the camera. You download it to a USB drive then take the drive to your truck. The USB drive must be clean and formatted to FAT32. Do not unzip the file just transfer it to the drive.

Dude you rock. Worked like a charm! BTW. I was too damn excited to click on the what's new tab. What else was included in the update?

Thanks man.

coachvonyo

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2022 April 1 and it's doing the same (Bighorn with the 12". Not Aux camera option to try that). Hard to believe they are still shipping with this issue. No update available according to the uconnect website. The odd thing is I call uconnect and they say the fix is to take it to the dealer to check wiring. I am very skeptical about having a tech breach the dash and taillight area in search of a wiring issue that is very likely a software update. I do worry about doing the manual update myself. Any update to any of this?

bigbendrecycle

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2022 April 1 and it's doing the same (Bighorn with the 12". Not Aux camera option to try that). Hard to believe they are still shipping with this issue. No update available according to the uconnect website. The odd thing is I call uconnect and they say the fix is to take it to the dealer to check wiring. I am very skeptical about having a tech breach the dash and taillight area in search of a wiring issue that is very likely a software update. I do worry about doing the manual update myself. Any update to any of this?
I have not yet done the manual update linked on this sub. My cargo camera still does not work. I'll post once I try the manual update.

mtwhitford

Reaction score
Dude you rock. Worked like a charm! BTW. I was too damn excited to click on the what's new tab. What else was included in the update?

Thanks man.
I,m new to this site. How do I find this update?

coachvonyo

Reaction score
Just an update for me (22 Bighorn 12" w cargo cam). Cargo cam didn't work straight off the lot last week. As I mentioned above, RAM Cares had no idea on this, referred me to Uconnect. They had no clue and asked me to have the dealer inspect all related harnesses/wiring. Made an appointment at my dealer but before that day/time an OTA update showed up and fixed it. The whole thing is very bizarre. How could Ram and Uconnect have no clue/resource to see and communicate about what is going on?

spinned

Reaction score
Just bought a new Laramie 2500 4-8- 22 and it came with the cargo view camera blue screen problem. Will my truck automatically update itself OTA as if by magic?

Firewall

Reaction score
Thanks, Not much of a computer guy. I found and downloaded the file but I have not found the instructions?
Download onto a clean usb drive (nothing else on it), do not extract or do anything with the file. Take the usb drive and plug it into the truck (truck must be running or in the "on" position). Takes about 15-20 minutes to load.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Yup. Easy not worth the anxiety ofnwaiting for it to magically get fixed

mtwhitford

Reaction score
Download onto a clean usb drive (nothing else on it), do not extract or do anything with the file. Take the usb drive and plug it into the truck (truck must be running or in the "on" position). Takes about 15-20 minutes to load.
IT WORKS!! So sad that the dealership I purchased it from and a local dealer said the same thing, "wait for the update". It's like they don't want to even look for a fix. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread