Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

jsalbre

Reaction score
My only problem was that I was in too big a hurry when I picked my options and, in out of stupidity and confusion, paid almost $500 or two options that I did not need.

One was the "Backup Alarm" which I thought was the "too close to something" alarm with the rear view camera. Turns out that option is the garbage truck beeper. Luckily I found where to turn that dumb thing off. Who wants a $67,000 truck that sounds like a garbage truck.?

The second was the Upfitter Module VSIM which I confused as being part of the upfitter AUX Switches. So I got both. :)

Anyway...so far I love the truck...even with the extra stuff. Got my toolbox mounted, the garbage truck beeper turned off, and found the fuse swap to make the 12V outlet work with the ignition switch instead of being on all of the time. Now all I have left to do is find a place to run a power wire for my CB radio from the cabin to the AUX Switch connections under the hood.

Look into the VSIM, there are some interesting things you can do with it.

As for getting power from your aux switches to your CB, look at the diagrams on the Ram builder site. There’s on for all of the Aux wiring, and you’ll find that the jumper you can plug in under the dash gives you some pass-through wiring.

I didn’t opt for the backup alarm, but there’s been a few times backing out of blind spaces where it may have been useful!

thestuarts

Reaction score
I see allot of talk about the larger rear brakes on 3500 with max tow pkg. I've not really seen any specific ram Info that states this. I specd my build out with no max tow but I did them separately ( 410, air susp,tow prep, 14 k, drw, aisin). I don't need the triangles an flares an I didn't want to finance a $1500 fiver hitch, so I just paid cash for that an got it for $1240. Does this mean because I didn't select (max tow pkg) that i won't have the big brakes. I would think the bigger brakes would be standard when you select the NO version with aisin pkg , any comments

I am similarly curious because I have the HO without the max tow package. I can't find any information from FCA about the larger (365 mm) brake rotors. The next time I have a rear tire off, I will measure the circumference of the rotor. If the truck has the larger rotors, the circumference should be 365 mm * pi.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Just doesn't make sense to have to buy the 5th wheel hitch to have larger breaks. I think they come standard with dually as the axle is different. Again, someone needs to confirm.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I have food a ram chat an they are requesting technical help an I also contacted ram commercial body builder an am awaiting there responses. You would think it would come standard with 3500 drw HO with aisin

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just checked my spam and of coarse ram body builder deferred me to ream chat

@JC

Reaction score
Well my PW got in late last night, exactly 6 weeks to the day from the day the order went into the computer. Can't get the Nittos on it until tomorrow morning so I'll pick it up then. 1 good surprise, signing up for a brochure on Ramtrucks.com a couple of weeks ago got me a targeted $1000 rebate that showed up in my dealer's system out of the blue.

46c5ca0f0442b6a76f410188f56497b1.jpg

jerryw1000

Reaction score
diagrams on the Ram builder site. There’s on for all of the Aux wiring, and you’ll find that the jumper you can plug in under the dash gives you some pass-through wiring.

Wouldn't happen to have a link to the AUX switch jumper info would you? I can't seem to find it.

Yeh, looks like that VSIM module has taps to almost everything if you know what you are doing.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Omg I've got a ton of stuff ill send over

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Here yah are, hope all these help somebody out there

Attachments

• Ram_Heavy Duty Truck All_VSIM_2019+ (1) (1).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • Ram_CC HD Upfitter Schematic_MY19 rev B.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • Ram_Heavy Duty Truck_ Cab Chassis_Aux Switch_2019.pdf
    968.1 KB · Views: 10
  • RAM_CC HD_Aux Switch Prog Menu_MY19+ R1 (2).pdf
    507.9 KB · Views: 11

Zeroday

Reaction score
That's making me want to modify my order and get the VSIM just to see what cool things I could do with a bus feed....

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Kind a feal like Frankenstein a bit. The possibilities are endless

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Kind a feal like Frankenstein a bit. The possibilities are endless
Wait until you start messing with the VSIM Module, That BIG Bag of wiring belongs to that. I know I am going to need help with that when my truck comes in.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait until you start messing with the VSIM Module, That BIG Bag of wiring belongs to that. I know I am going to need help with that when my truck comes in.

That big bag of wiring comes with the auxiliary switches. VSIM not required.

The VSIM just give you programming ability for wig-wag lights, plow control, etc that are activated with the various aux switches. I'm sure there's more to it than I've looked at, but that's the biggest feature.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
That big bag of wiring comes with the auxiliary switches. VSIM not required.

The VSIM just give you programming ability for wig-wag lights, plow control, etc that are activated with the various aux switches. I'm sure there's more to it than I've looked at, but that's the biggest feature.
Me too. Here are just a couple of videos on just some of the features of the VCIM Module.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, look at what we have started, its madness an were does it stop

jsalbre

Reaction score
Wouldn't happen to have a link to the AUX switch jumper info would you? I can't seem to find it.

Yeh, looks like that VSIM module has taps to almost everything if you know what you are doing.

The document I’m referring to is the second one @Rich posted (thanks man!). It breaks out all the wiring.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
No prob, funny how much stuff you get documented that you never know will mean something

Users who are viewing this thread