Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's true or not but I've been told by unofficial enthusiasts that the best to stick with is the 3500 because of with the 45 an 55 fca knows your going to haul big, that's why you buy those models, so there tuned down. Even though they run the same motor an tranny, I've heard they tune then down because there mostly bought for commercial hauler use an don't want them Getting over worked . This maybe all bogus BS, I'm sure we'll get lots of opinions on this one, so come on fellas.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
If I had unlimited funds id still get a 3500 , but chassis . I'd add one of those awesome hauler boxes for like 25 gs, they are bad to the bone

@JC

Reaction score
I'm sorry jc but your truck makes me want to go out in the field And sling some mud. I mean that with the greatest of compliments as I am no were near my younger years an just want to host myself up in that baby an let er rip. Nice rig
Thanks much! I love it, there's nothing like ordering and getting exactly what you want.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt, building it the way you want it, there's nothing better. Ok maybe but, I'm old an broke down.

Attachments

• rv_toter_ford-3.jpg
    rv_toter_ford-3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 20
  • rv_toter_callouts.jpg
    rv_toter_callouts.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Especially when there is no damage an you don't have to go through all that stress an aggrevation that some go through.

@JC

Reaction score
Especially when there is no damage an you don't have to go through all that stress an aggrevation that some go through.
That extra wait will just make it that much sweeter when the new one shows up with all the extras that weren't on the 1st one.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
I don't know if it's true or not but I've been told by unofficial enthusiasts that the best to stick with is the 3500 because of with the 45 an 55 fca knows your going to haul big, that's why you buy those models, so there tuned down. Even though they run the same motor an tranny, I've heard they tune then down because there mostly bought for commercial hauler use an don't want them Getting over worked . This maybe all bogus BS, I'm sure we'll get lots of opinions on this one, so come on fellas.

You’re not wrong and all of the big 3 do this on their 450(0)* or higher models. Big thing is detuning offers more reliability for a much more heavy duty service life (think fire trucks and ambulances). Commercial duty trucks can be subject to stricter emission requirements as well, which detuning helps meet. They also can have beefier components (alternators, water pumps, even turbos) which can lead to a lower rating but higher reliability or duty cycle for components.

*Exception on the F450 pickup; Ford notes their F350 as their max payload and 450 as their max tow. Chassis cab F450s are detuned I think.
OA

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Ok, that's exactly what i was told an thought. Beefier components but less capability for longevity. In lamens terms for us nascar fans, there governed or restricted plated so commercial users wont over work them. That's why I was told, stick with the 3500, its the most capable.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
My salesman just emailed me an said they can't make a discounted deal w/o step an the voucher will be sent to me.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
My salesman just emailed me an said they can't make a discounted deal w/o step an the voucher will be sent to me.
Real TrUck has the amp bed step listed as fitting the 2020 trucks. $260

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
At this point, now that I know the dealership wont t take $$$ of my final deal, ill just wait for the voucher or take the payment later. Who knows, they may never come out with it. I know for sure if I do get it I'm gonna soak that thing in hand sanitizer.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I know the 4500 and 5500 are de-rated, not sure it would be a real problem as it is to the 370hp version. Lower gear options too. I was just thinking a guy maybe able to find a leftover that a dealer really wanted to move. The advertising wars on hp are having that effect on the non ho trucks now. Sooooooooooo many ways to go........

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
You got that right, an I'm even hoping that before I apply for the fca financing that the Fed will have lowered interest rates some more.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
My thoughts on the fed as well. Dealers are blowing up my phone now, even though I told them I was postponing my buy for a few months. Getting Antsy, for sure. End of qtr., coming fast. I suspect summer/late summer pricing to be even better. Who knows for sure though, especially if supply chain shuts them down anyway. I guess I can gamble, it’s the house‘s money at this point.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I hate it for my investments right now but locking in a low apr would sure be nice as well

@JC

Reaction score
I hate it for my investments right now but locking in a low apr would sure be nice as well

0% on 36 is still available through FCA and the best interest rate I was offered was 2.74% for 72mo from BofA with 0 down. Everyone else for 60mo or less was above 3%.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yeah Im a boa member. I'm not really to concerned because i plan on making a bunch of extra payments an getting it paid off in 2yrs butt if i can pay a few hundred less in interest, I'm gonna jump on it cause I look at it as that's all part of my deal.

@JC

Reaction score
I just tried your 250 cash back but it said you had to provide proof of owning a non fca product . Once again us loyalists get screwed

If you own any other non-FCA vehicle you can upload the registration to the application and they'll approve it. I traded a Jeep but we also own an Infiniti.

Your application has been reviewed by a BonusDrive representative and so far, so good! We will now be sending your information to the vehicle manufacturer who will review and approve your payment.
Once approval is obtained, we will send you an email with that information. If the manufacturer does not approve your application, we will contact you to resolve the issue.
IMPORTANT: To ensure you receive future updates from us, please add “info@bonusdrive.com” to your email contact list.
Our next email update will be sent to you after we have feedback from the manufacturer.

Thanks for choosing BonusDrive!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Once again, if your an fca loyalist you get screwed

@JC

Reaction score
Nah, it's just like Conquest cash, the rebates are targeted to get customers of competitors to look at FCA vehicles. Nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread