Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trail_Wagon: The story of "Hope". A 2022 power wagon build

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
This is pretty cool because almost everything you are doing with your PW is exactly what I'm doing with mine. Except you are doing it all at once.

Also, are you going with the Carli Radius Arms?
I haven't finalized my suspension plans. After calling Carlie, Thuren, Accutune, and SDI I'm more confused than when I started. None of them agreed with each other. On anything. Or with themselves. Although, Carlie control arms are at the absolute bottom of my list.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
Well, the only one not in my backyard is Thuren. And most of the Dodge/Ram owners in So Cal all say to go with Carli if you want a full kit and plan to do all the fun stuff and send it but still want to drive to work.

Contact CJC Off-Road and talk to them directly if are still going the camper route.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
I mounted and balanced the tires and wheels this afternoon. I've always liked Nittos, they balance easy. one of the tires only needed two ounces. I ordered TPMS through Rock Auto so I didn't have to break down the factory stuff, also makes selling the take off stuff easier when the sensors are still in there. The wheels are 17" AEV Katla's, in onyx gray. The tires are 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I set pressure to 45/35.

PXL_20220225_011426132~2.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I mounted and balanced the tires and wheels this afternoon. I've always liked Nittos, they balance easy. one of the tires only needed two ounces. I ordered TPMS through Rock Auto so I didn't have to break down the factory stuff, also makes selling the take off stuff easier when the sensors are still in there. The wheels are 17" AEV Katla's, in onyx gray. The tires are 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I set pressure to 45/35.

View attachment 32692
37x12.50 or 11.50? Look great. I’m thinking about doing the 11.50s on my truck

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Yes, but can she flex???

PXL_20220225_134839850.jpg

Yes. Yes she can.

PXL_20220225_135238163.jpgPXL_20220225_135542454.jpgPXL_20220225_135821832_2.jpgPXL_20220225_140020850.jpgPXL_20220225_140036238.jpgPXL_20220225_140642528.jpgPXL_20220225_140849558.jpg

I took Hope out to Broken Arrow trail this morning to flex on the rocks and start to get an understanding what shes capable of. The tires rub very lightly on the plastic inner fender well, and get really close to the front bumper. I was thinking there was no way it wasn't going to rub bad, but... I was wrong. The plastic fender linners easily flex out of the way. These 37's just barely clear the front bumper at full flex. If the tires were a quarter inch larger, or the wheel backspacing where a few mm further out, it would rub enough to be a problem. The rear has plenty of space.

I twisted the truck up every way I could, disconnected the sway bar, climbed ledges, engaged the lockers. Hope handled everything effortlessly. She can't flex as much as a Gladiator Rubicon, but its close. Surprisingly, its the rear suspension that's holding her back. The front articu-link seemed to be great.

Last edited:

Etoimos

Reaction score
Some more great pics man and she is flexing pretty good! My buddy at work wanted me to ask if you rain the whole trial and did the steps coming down? It's a Jeep vs PW thing between us (I've been a Jeep guy for a good while and just sold my JKUR and TJR within the last couple of years). lol

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
I just tested the flex on the first set of rocks at the beginning. I own a TJ, JLUR, and just sold my Gladiator so I'm very familiar with thier capabilities. I'm confident the power wagon will walk down the steps, no problem. I think of it as a gladiator on steroids

Etoimos

Reaction score
I just tested the flex on the first set of rocks at the beginning. I own a TJ, JLUR, and just sold my Gladiator so I'm very familiar with thier capabilities. I'm confident the power wagon will walk down the steps, no problem. I think of it as a gladiator on steroids
I don't know that trail, but I doubt the PW will have any issues either. He has ran that trail in his JKU, so want to give me crap that he did not see any pics of your PW on the steps. It's all in fun between us though.

Based on your photos, I'm going to have to make a trip down there and do some of those trails.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Sedona is full of beautiful trails, none of them are very difficult, even broken arrow, but we beat everyone on natural beauty

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Hibiki54

Reaction score
Yes, but can she flex???

View attachment 32704

Yes. Yes she can.

View attachment 32705View attachment 32706View attachment 32707View attachment 32708View attachment 32709View attachment 32710View attachment 32711

I took Hope out to Broken Arrow trail this morning to flex on the rocks and start to get an understanding what shes capable of. The tires rub very lightly on the plastic inner fender well, and get really close to the front bumper. I was thinking there was no way it wasn't going to rub bad, but... I was wrong. The plastic fender linners easily flex out of the way. These 37's just barely clear the front bumper at full flex. If the tires were a quarter inch larger, or the wheel backspacing where a few mm further out, it would rub enough to be a problem. The rear has plenty of space.

I twisted the truck up every way I could, disconnected the sway bar, climbed ledges, engaged the lockers. Hope handled everything effortlessly. She can't flex as much as a Gladiator Rubicon, but its close. Surprisingly, its the rear suspension that's holding her back. The front articu-link seemed to be great.

I'm jealous. Let me get a loan, bruh.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Yes, but can she flex???

View attachment 32704

Yes. Yes she can.

View attachment 32705View attachment 32706View attachment 32707View attachment 32708View attachment 32709View attachment 32710View attachment 32711

Serious question and I’m not hating because I also have ridge grapplers.

Are they any good off-road in your experience? I have not been super happy with them in anything other than dry pavement. I do really like them because they get good life on the road and they look good.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Serious question and I’m not hating because I also have ridge grapplers.

Are they any good off-road in your experience? I have not been super happy with them in anything other than dry pavement. I do really like them because they get good life on the road and they look good.
It's really too soon to tell. This is my first set of Nittos and I'm trying them out due to overwhelming praise in just about every forum, you tube video, and insta story I've seen. A few friends have them and won't shut up about how amazing they are.

They did well on the slick Rock in these photos, but let's face it, lawn mower tires do good on that stuff.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
It's really too soon to tell. This is my first set of Nittos and I'm trying them out due to overwhelming praise in just about every forum, you tube video, and insta story I've seen. A few friends have them and won't shut up about how amazing they are.

They did well on the slick Rock in these photos, but let's face it, lawn mower tires do good on that stuff.
I like mine for pavement. They ride nice, are pretty quiet, wearing well and look good. Off pavement I have to be careful, grass may as well be ice. Truck is mostly pavement, though, so I’m considering another set.

Users who are viewing this thread