Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trail_Wagon: The story of "Hope". A 2022 power wagon build

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
I've decided to start a build thread for my 2022 power wagon. At the time is this post, I'm still waiting for the truck to show up. I ordered the truck Dec 3rd 2021.

The trucks name is going to be "Hope". So over the last few years, my wife and I have had one bad hotel experience after another. Dirty rooms, hidden fees, rude service, bed bugs, foul smells, lost reservations etc. It doesn't seem to matter how nice the hotel is, the bull **** is real. My wife also suffers from a lot of allergies, particularly to smell. So this truck (and the scout kenai camper we ordered the same day, which we named bubble) are our last hope to travel the country in comfort.
We are tired of filthy conditions, poor service, and others people's **** (literally).

So Here is the build sheet...

PXL_20220211_014455020.jpg

Level 3 interior. This is going to be one sweet ride.
So I'm starting my build thread with this...

PXL_20220211_010443528.jpg

Nitto trail (ridge) grapplers. 37x12.50r17. Shortly after I put 37s on the Rubicon my wife fell in love with the way it rides and demanded that the PW get 37's too. Yes dear.

Also ordered are some AEV Katla wheels in onyx.

Last edited:

jetrinka

Reaction score
Gonna be a sweet rig! Gonna put any airbags in the back to help handle the camper weight?

jetrinka

Reaction score
Love it. Can’t wait to see the truck!!!

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Me too. It's built and waiting for is train ride to Phoenix

thkbaron

Reaction score
They're ridge grapplers. If you wanted Trail Grapplers yer going to be disappointed. hehehe

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
The truck is on a train in New Mexico. It should be delivered to El mirage on Feb 16th. Then a week or two to get it unloaded, and shipped by truck to my local dealership.

JeepingNet

Reaction score
Wow, I have the exact same truck on order. All the same options and colour. Even have the dual alternator and camera kit. Placed my order on Jan 12th so got a bit longer to wait.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Grats man!! I'm super excited for both of us

Last edited:

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
It's not ideal. A plug and patch kit, along with on board air is the primary fix, but if the tire becomes too damaged, the "donut" 35 could be utilized on the front axle till I can get to a tire store.

I've been thinking about going this route more and more. I keep quite a bit of tire repair gear in my truck as well and my spare is the last resort. My spare 37" currently resides on my Bedslide in the bed ever since putting the tent on my rack. Maybe when my current KM3s wear out I'll do this and free up some space in my bed.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
After decades of off roading and having yet to need my spare, I'm just more comfortable utilizing my tire repair skills, and at worse limping to a repair shop on the slightly smaller donut. I don't even carry a spare on my TJ.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
After decades of off roading and having yet to need my spare, I'm just more comfortable utilizing my tire repair skills, and at worse limping to a repair shop on the slightly smaller donut. I don't even carry a spare on my TJ.

Thanks for the experience! I'll probably go this route and free up that space in my bed.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score

Thanks for the experience! I'll probably go this route and free up that space in my bed.

B12AF7A6-1D2F-4367-9643-62EFF12BDB1F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread