Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Thedaran

Reaction score
Pillars are the corners of the roof between the windshield. I believe pillar A and B are the front 2
Did not do these either. Not sure I've ever noticed chipped paint in these areas with previous vehicles I have owned.

unclelala

Reaction score
Did not do these either. Not sure I've ever noticed chipped paint in these areas with previous vehicles I have owned.
I guess it depends what type of road one travels, my 1500 pillars got a little pitted on the roads I use to travel

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Picked up the truck from the detailer:
Got PPF on front bumper, grill surround, and full hood.
Removed the "sport" decals from the sides of the truck.
Do you mind sharing the cost of that? I’m looking to do the same coverage on my truck.

Thedaran

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing the cost of that? I’m looking to do the same coverage on my truck.
$1200, work done in Oregon if that makes any difference. He also removed the badges so there are no seams around them. I also added some silicone sealant to the badges prior to putting back on. I recall reading about water getting in the hood from behind the badges.

el_barto

Reaction score
Had a local shop install flush mount lights in the rear bumper. Outside 2 are wired into the reverse lights with a relay. Inside two are on an aux switch to make working on trailers and such easier or to let the guy behind me know I don’t appreciate his lightbars shining into my mirrors. With all four lit up, I have crazy amounts of light back there!

light bar mounted behind the front lower grill turned out real slick! It’s wired into the high beams. It does it’s job well. Might upgrade the fog lights to light up more ditch.

added 4 additional bed lights wired in with the 2 factory bed lights. The new ones have a shroud on them to keep the light pointed down, so they Don’t shine in my eyes when I’m standing in the bed.

I’m really pleased with how the lighting turned out. My local light guy always does a great job! I have rough country fender flares and a truxedo sentry bed cover waiting for me to install them when it warms up a bit. -18F this morning…
Looks good, shouldn’t have any issue seeing what’s behind you now!

These lights look similar to the DV8 Epic led pods, both probably made by same vendor hecho en china… I was curious about them but couldn’t find much info.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
c976b8890657cb2eae1c31b16e0ab568.jpg

Here’s a full truck shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wheel color looks good on the truck. I’d like to see them without the center caps

Matt58

Reaction score
Wheel color looks good on the truck. I’d like to see them without the center caps

Thanks man! We tried them without the center caps and I just didn’t like it. I suppose if I had some black spray paint on hand to hit those unpainted areas, I probably would have changed my mind and went without em!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Thanks man! We tried them without the center caps and I just didn’t like it. I suppose if I had some black spray paint on hand to hit those unpainted areas, I probably would have changed my mind and went without em!

I understand that. Definitely have to paint those hubs

Matt58

Reaction score
With the newer truck how hard was it to remove the Hemi and Ram badges?

If I had to guess, total time was about 3.5 hours, including the tailgate. I used the heat gun method, along with some plastic putty knives, then an eraser wheel. After that, I could still see where the badges were so those areas got some polishing compound followed by a wax.

My fingers and hands were spent when I was done but we’ll worth it in my opinion!

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
If I had to guess, total time was about 3.5 hours, including the tailgate. I used the heat gun method, along with some plastic putty knives, then an eraser wheel. After that, I could still see where the badges were so those areas got some polishing compound followed by a wax.

My fingers and hands were spent when I was done but we’ll worth it in my opinion!

Thanks looks great, was hoping for the fishing line and wax option sounds like it’s a bit more…

Matt58

Reaction score
Thanks looks great, was hoping for the fishing line and wax option sounds like it’s a bit more…

I tried the fishing line at first but the stuff I had on hand was too thin and between the tension and heat, it would break about every other pull.

Madison18

Reaction score
Washed the truck and installed Mopar splash guards today. I think they look good. Easy installation.

Attachments

• DF404EC1-BABF-4ACF-BB28-C306B3328864.jpeg
    DF404EC1-BABF-4ACF-BB28-C306B3328864.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 57236721-E1C1-4134-AD66-4BC3412F6BB8.jpeg
    57236721-E1C1-4134-AD66-4BC3412F6BB8.jpeg
    545.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 03749928-F392-494C-81F3-6AF4FADBBF83.jpeg
    03749928-F392-494C-81F3-6AF4FADBBF83.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 141

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score

DougB

Reaction score
Those look 3D printed. How's the quality?

I could print some of these up and sell them here in the Buy/Sell section. It would be cheaper than that Amazon listing.
Yes they are 3D printed. Quality was fine for what they need to do. Agree, they were pricey but were a Christmas gift so didn’t care. lol

Selling on Amazon the company has to add in Amazon’s profit. They might be available on eBay for less. I didn’t look.

Users who are viewing this thread