Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

~~Mutt~~

Reaction score
The first purpose of clearance lights is to alert drivers to a larger truck's presence on the road... and any Ram is a larger truck!!

Second...If you live in areas that are known for blizzards...you are easier to see from a distance

and third... Florida women in bikinis dig it...

Xflight29

Reaction score
I thought the main reason for them was to be able to see larger trucks coming through the high brush. Had always thought it had nothing to do with the trailer.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
The first purpose of clearance lights is to alert drivers to a larger truck's presence on the road... and any Ram is a larger truck!!

Second...If you live in areas that are known for blizzards...you are easier to see from a distance

and third... Florida women in bikinis dig it...
I think you have the order reversed. #3 is at the top

OuterUB

Reaction score
So, this is the Mopar number for the "Roof Marker Light (Mopar) - 822211190AB" that fits the 2018 RAM 2500. Does anyone happen to have the Mopar number for the kit that fits the 2021 ?

3500guy

Reaction score
I have an old school friend from 40 years ago that has a blue oval tattooed to her ass. We have busted each others balls since day one re the ford vrs. ram thing. The day I got my new 2500 Cummins I sent her a pic all lit up at night with the cab lights illuminated. Immediately she responded with "looks like a menonite farmers truck!" Bazinga!!

jadmt

Reaction score
I have an old school friend from 40 years ago that has a blue oval tattooed to her ass. We have busted each others balls since day one re the ford vrs. ram thing. The day I got my new 2500 Cummins I sent her a pic all lit up at night with the cab lights illuminated. Immediately she responded with "looks like a menonite farmers truck!" Bazinga!!
I am not making this up 100% true story. Yesterday my oldest daughter told me that all the mennonite woman in Boise are all driving big new trucks. She says it looks funny they all shop together in their traditional dress and bonnets and you see them crawl up into new big trucks....

GLB1950

Reaction score
Had I had the option, I wouldn't have had them installed because it's just another place(s) for leaks. But duallys come with them.:mad:

Chrisminx

Reaction score
So, this is the Mopar number for the "Roof Marker Light (Mopar) - 822211190AB" that fits the 2018 RAM 2500. Does anyone happen to have the Mopar number for the kit that fits the 2021 ?
The cab lights for 2019+ require square holes. The ones for 2018 will work.

eljefe

Reaction score
This is easy. I’m
In trucking, and big trucks have lights. I like those lights, so I want them on my pickup.

IMO they look killer. I spend a lot
Of time in the dark with my trucks and I love me some lighting!!

Second this.

copcarguy

Reaction score
In a blizzard with a plow on, yeah the more lights the better…

Nick

Reaction score
The cab roof lights don't bother me . I owned class 8's trucks for 35 years they had to have them . I personally do not have them but that's me , What I hate looking at are the antennas on the front of the roof . They are Ugly !!! Why they are not in the rear like a 1500 or a Ford is beyond me . They could at at least paint them so they blend in . With the roof lights they are somewhat hidden . They really stand out on a white trucking look like crap !

Users who are viewing this thread